Southeastern

KRS
JV Team

Southeastern

Post by KRS »

Congratulations to the lady Panthers. With the win last night clinched a share of their 3rd. straight S.V.C. championship. After losing two 4 year starters people, questioned how they would respond, including myself. 17-2 with a loss to a good North Adams team the second game of the year and Miami Trace around Christmas. These kids continue to impress. Congratulations to the team and coaches. 40 league games in a row is quite the feat.

se-alum
All Conference

Re: Southeastern

Post by se-alum »

I'm surprised with how good they have been this year! Really expected them to take a step back this year after losing Wheeler and Mitten, but they really haven't missed a beat. It certainly helps having probably the best player in the history of the conference on your side. It's been quite a 3 year run for the Lady Panthers, and hopefully they can cap it off with another Gold Ball and a deep tourney run!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern wraps up their season this week with two tough D-2 squads. State ranked Washington Courthouse and Unioto Thursday for a chance for an outright league title. Should be good test for all the teams before heading into the tourney.
Got a win Saturday, suppose to be against Chillicothe but kudos to Western For replacing them on short notice when Chilli backed out after everything was set. This is a fun team to watch, Skeens averaging over 29 a game, with Collins, Hice, and Mitten averaging 7-9 while Morris handles the pressure and plays a solid floor game on both ends. These kids have accepted their roles and excelled. They are going to have to keep it up to get the W’s. Hopefully they continue and finish strong.
Last edited by KRS on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Tough games this week for the Lady Panthers. From the games I have watched this year, the Lady Panthers look better than they have the previous 2 years. They are playing much faster than they did the previous 2 years which has resulted in them having an easier time scoring and has made them much more enjoyable to watch. The games they have this week will help get them ready for the tournament. I think they have a good shot to make a nice tournament run this year.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Dropped a tough one last night to a nice Washington Courthouse club. Got down 11 early and had to claw back the entire night. down 48-46 with under 40 seconds and just couldn’t make the plays late. 52-46.
Celebrated 7 seniors last night ,good bunch of girls. Before this class arrived, Southeastern had not had a winning season in 10 years. They have finished 18-6,20-4, 23-2, and currently have 18 wins this year with hopefully a few more on the way. Best of luck to you all in the future. Back at it tomorrow against a good Unioto team.

Preppy
Waterboy

Post by Preppy »

KRS wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 am Dropped a tough one last night to a nice Washington Courthouse club. Got down 11 early and had to claw back the entire night. down 48-46 with under 40 seconds and just couldn’t make the plays late. 52-46.
Celebrated 7 seniors last night ,good bunch of girls. Before this class arrived, Southeastern had not had a winning season in 10 years. They have finished 18-6,20-4, 23-2, and currently have 18 wins this year with hopefully a few more on the way. Best of luck to you all in the future. Back at it tomorrow against a good Unioto team.
This was a great game to watch. Very well played by both teams. Not too many turnovers, both worked the offense well. Everyone already knows it, but the Skeens girl is no doubt for real. She can play. I really enjoyed this game. Well played and I personally thought the officials did a great job in calling this one. Best of luck to both teams the rest of this season and thru their tournament runs.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Showdown is tonight. It will be interesting to see how Miller approaches this game. In the last contest between the 2 teams, he tried to defend straight up on Skeens, worked out poorly. Cottrill ended up in foul trouble, and Skeens consistently got into the lane and either scored or created an easy layup for her teammates. I know UHS likes to pressure and get out in transition, but that's what SE is good at, and how they built their lead in the last game. Should be a good one!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'm interested in seeing the energy that the Shermans bring tonight. If they can match the energy SE brings and stays in their game plan, I think that they will have a chance. It was the major difference between the two meetings last year and I think it could be again. If that's enough to go over the top and get the win, I'm not sure.

I hope the students will be out in full force tonight for both schools. Should be a great atmosphere!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Good physical battle tonight . The panthers dropped another nail biter at Unioto, 49-46. Down one with the ball under our basket 9 seconds and just couldn’t finish the game. Outside of Collins who shot it well, SE shot as poorely as I’ve seen this year and it made for a tight game throughout. Unioto Hit a 3 with about 30 seconds to take a one point lead and Southeastern couldn’t answer. Both teams played hard, and should be ready for tourney play.
Side note - Ella Skeens and Mandy Morris two kids that played Varsity only for 4 years end their SVC career record at 50-6. with 2 league championships and 1 co- champ.
This senior class of Skeens, Collins, Morris, Mitten, Adams, Harper, and Evans have played together since 5 th. Grade and are fun to watch on the court and are even better people off. Been a pleasure watching these kids grow up. Now for a long tourney run.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I think SE can make a nice run in the tourney this year. They've lost to 1 DIII team this year, and that was NA the second game of the year. Ella will do what she does, it will be up to the supporting cast as to how far they go!

Side note: Ella has a very good chance to finish as the all-time leading scorer in the SVC. She needs 74 to break the record. Given at least 3 tourney games, 25ppg will do it.

Side note #2: I expect Unioto will likely break the conference win streak that SE just set. There's no competition for them the next 2 years. Can this years Freshmen class finish it off?

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

se-alum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:55 am I think SE can make a nice run in the tourney this year. They've lost to 1 DIII team this year, and that was NA the second game of the year. Ella will do what she does, it will be up to the supporting cast as to how far they go!

Side note: Ella has a very good chance to finish as the all-time leading scorer in the SVC. She needs 74 to break the record. Given at least 3 tourney games, 25ppg will do it.

Side note #2: I expect Unioto will likely break the conference win streak that SE just set. There's no competition for them the next 2 years. Can this years Freshmen class finish it off?
usually not a betting man, but I would take some of that action on side note#2. :D

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

KRS wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:53 pm
se-alum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:55 am I think SE can make a nice run in the tourney this year. They've lost to 1 DIII team this year, and that was NA the second game of the year. Ella will do what she does, it will be up to the supporting cast as to how far they go!

usually not a betting man, but I would take some of that action on side note#2. :D
Zero competition inside the SVC the next 2 years for Unioto. Huntington will probably be the 2nd best team in the league next year, and they'll be lucky to stay within 15-20pts of Unioto in their games. You can put them down for at least 35 straight. It all depends on what happens when UHS's sophomore class graduates, but they've won 40+ straight reserve games, so I don't see much changing.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

The Unioto / Huntington games will be better than you think the next couple years. I think Huntington's coach did a really nice job this year from what I saw. Also, they will have some nice talent coming up from 8th grade. Even if The U would go on a streak the next 2 years, it will be done once the sophomore class graduates.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Be interesting to see how they handle this first tourney game against Zane Trace, only played about half the game for the starters in both meetings. Coming off two losses I say play em Into the 4th. New rule with a running clock if a team is up 35 in the second half, let em play and see what happens.
Boys team was missing six players due to the flu Saturday night , hopefully doesn’t hit the girls team that hard. I was told one was out today with it.

I agree Huntington will be the only competition for Unioto next season. they don’t lose anyone and are bringing in a top 10 player IMO to join them but who knows how that will work out or what will happen. I really don’t care but just liked the odds.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

se-alum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:55 am Side note: Ella has a very good chance to finish as the all-time leading scorer in the SVC. She needs 74 to break the record. Given at least 3 tourney games, 25ppg will do it.
Shouldn't the "all-time leading scorer in the SVC" be judged just from competing against SVC teams in SVC league games?

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

mhs95_06 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:15 pm
se-alum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:55 am Side note: Ella has a very good chance to finish as the all-time leading scorer in the SVC. She needs 74 to break the record. Given at least 3 tourney games, 25ppg will do it.
Shouldn't the "all-time leading scorer in the SVC" be judged just from competing against SVC teams in SVC league games?
I've never seen a list of just pts scored in conference games, just totals for all career games.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congratulations to all the Lady Panthers and coaches who earned all league honors . Ella Skeens first 4 time player of the year in conference history. Coach Adams named coach of the year for the 3rd. Time. Returning only one all conference selection to this years team and some sub par early season performances a lot of people were writing this team off. Co league champs and an 18-4 overall record heading into the post season. Others stepped in and had great years as well, congratulations to Rachel Collins on being selected to the 2nd. team and Skylar Hice third team. Great job ladies .

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Is the flu affecting anyone else team? At Southeastern it has been a mess, started with the boys team missing six players Friday and Saturday for games and now it looks like it has made its way to the girls side, hitting a couple girls pretty hard.
This team only goes six deep and it took one of our starters out for the opening round of tourney games last night, couldn’t even attend the game. Just not a good flow with people missing. Managed to get the win but we need a healthy squad Saturday or it could be a struggle to keep advancing.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congrats on a hard fought sectional championship today. Played through sickness, showed heart, and got the Win. able to jump out to a big lead and close it at the end. Need to get healthy quick and continue fighting on this week. Great job girls, 3 -20 win seasons in a row is quite the accomplishment with the schedule you play.

Special congratulations to Ella Skeens becoming the all time leading scorer in SE history with with 24 today giving her 2239. Not only is she now the career points leader, she will leave SE as the all time leader in Rebounds, Assist, and 3 pt. made in a career.

Hopfully not finished with SE for a while but Saw the 26th. Ranked Dayton Flyers won the Atlantic 10 today. Looking forward to following you next season as a Flyer.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Yes, Eastern Meigs fellow SE district player Jenna Burdette played her last career regular season game on Dayton's home court today. She'll have another one there in the first round of the A10 tourney, and is living up to the pre-season pick to be the A10 player of the year and is the league's highest % trey shooter, and again today shooting 50+% in the game with 27 points and 8 assists against the #1 defensive team in the league with only 2 losses, both to UD. Hopefully Ella can have a comparable career at UD.

Return to “Girls Basketball”