SEO Football Coach, Records, Titles, and Playoff History

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Re: South Point Head Coach

Post by theblessedone33 »

Also heard that Gifford is headed to South Point!

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

theblessedone33 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm Also heard that Gifford is headed to South Point!
Where did you hear it tho

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Thats a head scratcher? East has been a successful program. Usually you go up in jobs not down.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

goUK wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 pm Thats a head scratcher? East has been a successful program. Usually you go up in jobs not down.
I agree why make a lateral or step down move? If true I wish him luck and know who I would like take over the Tartans

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Tartanblue wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 pm
goUK wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 pm Thats a head scratcher? East has been a successful program. Usually you go up in jobs not down.
I agree why make a lateral or step down move? If true I wish him luck and know who I would like take over the Tartans
My only bet is that he will make more as football coach and (assuming he is a teacher) they opened up a teaching spot for him

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

But this is a big hire considering South Point’s situation. East has been a solid D7 program the last few years. The big attractions for Gifford I guess were more money (maybe) and much nicer facilities

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

Would be a huge step up in pay, facilities, and school size. However, he inherits a program that is in complete shambles, but with a few solid players returning. He will have to plan to struggle for a few years to gain numbers and community confidence. Good luck to the new coach!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Id rather win then get paid. The chances of anyone having a 5-5 record at south point in the next two years is very unlikely

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Coach Gifford isn't from Sciotoville correct? So no real ties to that area. The facilities alone would be a reason to try a new job. I'm sure the pay will be better also.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

goUK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 am Id rather win then get paid. The chances of anyone having a 5-5 record at south point in the next two years is very unlikely
Wins do not feed your family. Based on the info I was given, this will be a huge raise for the coach. Sciotoville is just not in a position to be very competitive from a money standpoint with other local schools.

letsgo
Waterboy

Post by letsgo »

I've yet to see official news on the hire, but congratulations to coach Gifford nonetheless. Any word on if Kratzenberg is fielding any jobs elsewhere?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm
goUK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 am Id rather win then get paid. The chances of anyone having a 5-5 record at south point in the next two years is very unlikely
Wins do not feed your family. Based on the info I was given, this will be a huge raise for the coach. Sciotoville is just not in a position to be very competitive from a money standpoint with other local schools.
I agree, family has to come first especially if the pay increase is substantially better. Coach Gifford had a nice run with the Tartans, if he can get the South Point kids to buy in he could turn it around if given time.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm
I agree, family has to come first especially if the pay increase is substantially better. Coach Gifford had a nice run with the Tartans, if he can get the South Point kids to buy in he could turn it around if given time.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 »

I would assume the loss of great talent and lack of great talent coming up played into this decision for Coach Gifford

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

It's official. Gifford was hired tonight at the SP board meeting. Good luck to him, I hope he can right the ship! We need it that's for sure!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well congratulations. now let's hope ole tartanblue's fellers can find another top quality coach for them kilt wearin tartan fans.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Hope Coach Gifford can get them pointed in the right direction.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Good luck to him. He has his work cut out for him. But did Kratzenburg quit or was let go? I thought all things considered he did a good job for the situation he had.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

Good luck to Coach Gifford! Hopefully both sides are committed to this. 4th coach in last 6 seasons. Program is in desperate need of stability. Let's not forget this team was 2-0 to start the year.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Takes time to work a plan and people have to give program time to develop.

Return to “Football”