Freshman Team

2018 SOC I

Post by BleedGreen »

Any Thoughts?.. Hoping The Bobcats can repeat as SOC Champs

Mailman
All Conference

Re: 2018 SOC I

Post by Mailman »

Green should probably at the top if not the top team. Notre Dame should be the same and Clay is right there too. Symmes Valley had a down year last year should be improved. East is much better. Should be a very competitive league.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

From what I understand, New Boston Glenwood will be playing a JV schedule this year to get the baseball team started again.

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

Glad to see NB coming back

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

I hope that’s the case. Hate seeing a school with no baseball.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Green should be primed for another SOC run. They lost a good player in Carver but have plenty returning and coming up through the program.

blockcharge7
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge7 »

Greens program is in great shape. 8 years of winning records a couple SOC TITLES, 4 OR 5 district appearance 's and maybe the best talent they have had in yeasts. They are looking to better last year's 18 and 6 record

blockcharge7
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge7 »

Years not yeasts

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I hope the Bobcats can another SOC I Championship, Dan McDavid, does a great job.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Green has a solid baseball program right now. Good arms and solid position players. Kimbler is by far the best baseball player in the SOC - I. I would expect him to have another great year.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:11 am Green has a solid baseball program right now. Good arms and solid position players. Kimbler is by far the best baseball player in the SOC - I. I would expect him to have another great year.
I don’t know about “by far” but he is very good!! Probably one of the best. His own teammate might have something to say about that. I would probably give him props as the best all-around player. I think Green has the upper hand in repeating as champ. But don’t count out Clay and Notre Dame.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

My opinion .... it is “By Far”!

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

Kimbler Carver Ponn Maynard Singleton Barber are Great Players ... Kimbler is Smooth at SS and only had one or two SO at the plate all year .. Carver can flat hit the ball.. very fast and I look for him to be in Center Field tracking everything hit at him .. Plus both kids have the arms to get them deep in the playoffs .. Go Bobcats

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

New Boston Glenwood will be playing baseball once again . They will be playing JV schedule this season and hope to return to SOC Division I play next season. The Tigers will be Coached by two former Alumni Head Coach Anthony Maynard and Asst. Coach Jason Risner and Former Pirate Andrew Risner. Best of Luck to the Young Glenwood Tiger"s . Glad to see baseball back in The Villiage.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Coach93 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:05 pm New Boston Glenwood will be playing baseball once again . They will be playing JV schedule this season and hope to return to SOC Division I play next season. The Tigers will be Coached by two former Alumni Head Coach Anthony Maynard and Asst. Coach Jason Risner and Former Pirate Andrew Risner. Best of Luck to the Young Glenwood Tiger"s . Glad to see baseball back in The Villiage.
Good to see the Tigers are trying to get baseball back. I have question though with the future of it, will losing their little league charter could the tigers be in trouble again numbers wise if kids go elsewhere with their feeder system?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Coach93 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:05 pm New Boston Glenwood will be playing baseball once again . They will be playing JV schedule this season and hope to return to SOC Division I play next season. The Tigers will be Coached by two former Alumni Head Coach Anthony Maynard and Asst. Coach Jason Risner and Former Pirate Andrew Risner. Best of Luck to the Young Glenwood Tiger"s . Glad to see baseball back in The Villiage.
I know they are on Notre Dames varsity schedule. Does that mean that game doesn’t count toward the conference?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Tartanblue wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:30 pm
Good to see the Tigers are trying to get baseball back. I have question though with the future of it, will losing their little league charter could the tigers be in trouble again numbers wise if kids go elsewhere with their feeder system?
New Boston is fielding a Jr. High team also this spring to work toward re-establishing the baseball program. My understanding is that if someone wants to play Little League that they need to sign up at Clay.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

a_c_m wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:02 pm
Tartanblue wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:30 pm
New Boston is fielding a Jr. High team also this spring to work toward re-establishing the baseball program. My understanding is that if someone wants to play Little League that they need to sign up at Clay.
That's my understanding also there or Sciotoville, also can not get their charter back until 2 years. The problem with this is some kids who could help the tigers down the future could want to stick with players from where they are playing. I would like the to see the entire SOC I become competitive again from top to bottom.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern pike beat ND 7-4

GO EAGLES
blockcharge7
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge7 »

Green at South Webster postponed for today

Return to “Baseball”