Possible POY in TVC

Bigman83
Riding the Bench

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by Bigman83 »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 pm I was good to go and leave this Forum. Until posters acted like this wasn't even a game. Athens gave VC all they
Could handle and more. End of story. You came out on top thanks to some Lucky Bounces. Quit acting like you rolled the Bulldogs. See you next year!!
Moral of the story, YOU LOST. Get over yourself.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Bigman83 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 pm I was good to go and leave this Forum. Until posters acted like this wasn't even a game. Athens gave VC all they
Could handle and more. End of story. You came out on top thanks to some Lucky Bounces. Quit acting like you rolled the Bulldogs. See you next year!!
You know you were sweating BigMan. So again consider yourself lucky. Wasn't as easy as you thought.

Bigman83
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigman83 »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:43 pm
Bigman83 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm
You know you were sweating BigMan. So again consider yourself lucky. Wasn't as easy as you thought.
A win’s a win.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VC headed to the convo again. Athens was red hot and beat VC the last time they played . But VC pulls out yet another post season win
Last edited by Poo Bear on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 pm VC headed to the convo again. Athens was read hot and beat VC the last time they played . But VC pulls out yet another post season win
Good for you Poo Bear. Enjoy this little run. Combs retiring after this year and no talent coming up in their pipeline. Prepare for a throttling by Fairland next Thursday in the Convo. Save your money. Fairland by 25
Last edited by VisionQuest on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Thanks . Appreciate it. Are you coming to watch the game ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:47 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 pm VC headed to the convo again. Athens was read hot and beat VC the last time they played . But VC pulls out yet another post season win
Good for you Poo Bear. Enjoy this little run. Combs retiring after this year and no talent coming up in their pipeline. Prepare for a throttling by Fairland.
You gonna be alright?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chubb, Maxfield, Hines, butcher ... All good young players for Athens. They will be strong next year. The real X factor will be Elijah Williams. He will be the difference in a good team or great one that can win a district title. If I were a coach, I'd start working with him tomorrow! Send him to camps, get him into AAU, whatever. He has a skill set that can't be taught, but also lacks in other areas that can be.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good for you Poo Bear. Enjoy this little run. Combs retiring after this year and no talent coming up in their pipeline. Prepare for a throttling by Fairland next Thursday in the Convo. Save your money. Fairland by 25
Again, I'm not a VC or Athens fan, and have no preference one way or the other. But, from an outside point of view, nobody starts talking crap until you start the whole thing. I don't know why, but every time someone picks Athens to lose, you say they are disrespectful and bias. I also don't remember anyone saying that VC blew Athens out. They won, in a great game. The only knowledge I have of Athens is the two times that Logan beat them this year, from my point of view, Athens vastly improved the second half of the season, beat VC one time, and played them in a close game in the sectionals that they ultimately lost.

Athens improved a lot this year, and you can definitely look forward to next year's season, as they should be the TVC favorite.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:49 pm
Good for you Poo Bear. Enjoy this little run. Combs retiring after this year and no talent coming up in their pipeline. Prepare for a throttling by Fairland.
You gonna be alright?
Don’t post on here dude! VQ gonna figure out we are the same person.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:53 pm Chubb, Maxfield, Hines, butcher ... All good young players for Athens. They will be strong next year. The real X factor will be Elijah Williams. He will be the difference in a good team or great one that can win a district title. If I were a coach, I'd start working with him tomorrow! Send him to camps, get him into AAU, whatever. He has a skill set that can't be taught, but also lacks in other areas that can be.
Agree

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

DaniC and Ironman92=VC AND Combs lovers.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 pm DaniC and Ironman92=VC AND Combs lovers.
We are both older than the Athens players and also aren’t Usain Bolt fast.

Did Warren lose to LE? How’d them bad vibes work against Warren? Pls b honest.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 pm DaniC and Ironman92=VC AND Combs lovers.
I do like Coach Combs. Really good coach and even better person who was once my coach at Unioto Basketball Camp.

I didn't even comment about tonight's game, but it was a very exciting contest between two teams who played extremely hard. Was fun to watch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 pm
I do like Coach Combs. Really good coach and even better person who was once my coach at Unioto Basketball Camp.

I didn't even comment about tonight's game, but it was a very exciting contest between two teams who played extremely hard. Was fun to watch.
Tough logging in and logging out but I’m up for it.

I like Combs too. He makes funny faces but is an excellent coach. I was diagonal across the hall from he and Jeff Miller at Wilmington College in 1992. Not sure if he was still 18 then or not.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Combs end of the line next Thursday daniC and Ironman2. Whatever will you do. Just admit you were praying VC would pull it off when Athens had them on the Ropes. darn lucky we missed some Free throws. And that's the Bottom line. Very few had Athens even competing. Hard to beat a 19 1/2 yr old Division one Athlete from VC that was held back. And that's the bottom line. Athens top scorer tonight is 16 1/2. So take that to the bank. 3 years makes a hell of a difference. Say what you want. It is an unfair advantage.
Last edited by VisionQuest on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

When it counted in OT how many points did Speakman have? How many did Athens entire team have? Can u say couldnt handle the pressure? Not a single kid on Athens team deserves ro be in the conversation of POY. END OF DISCUSSION. Enjoy the game from the stands Athens

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

hateraid wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 pm When it counted in OT how many points did Speakman have? How many did Athens entire team have? Can u say couldnt handle the pressure? Not a single kid on Athens team deserves ro be in the conversation of POY. END OF DISCUSSION. Enjoy the game from the stands Athens
Thought you were
Going to blow us out? What a joke. LUCKY!!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:46 pm Combs end of the line next Thursday daniC and Ironman2. Whatever will you do. Just admit you were praying VC would pull it off when Athens had them on the Ropes. darn lucky we missed some Free throws. And that's the Bottom line. Very few had Athens even competing. Hard to beat a 19 1/2 yr old Division one Athlete from VC that was held back. And that's the bottom line. Athens top scorer tonight is 16 1/2. So take that to the bank. 3 years makes a hell of a difference. Say what you want. It is an unfair advantage.
Maybe. Every parent has the same opportunity and some choose differently. I refuse to look down on anyone that either holds a kid back or has their kid go to school early. There are advantages to both. Obviously, having a chance to play D1 football AND get a full academic scholarship seems to have paid off by having him stay in school longer, so I really couldn't say anything bad about that unless I was really looking for something to be sour about.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I fear you are going to have a breakdown. I’m checking out until later this morning. (Which means I won’t post 17...make that 19 more times in the next two hours)

I will sleep well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”