Official Convo thread - 2018

Which team is more likely to upset the higher seed?

1. Gallia (over Fairfield Union)
11%
2. Warren (over Unioto)
16%
3. Paint Valley (over Oak Hill)
23%
4. Lynchburg Clay (over Wheelersburg)
15%
5. Alexander (over Piketon)
35%

Total votes: 124

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Re: Official Convo thread - 2018

Post by Oaktown »

Got himself in a bit of foul trouble last night with 3 against Eastern Brown, one of which was a technical.

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

You can count on one hand the # of times he has fouled out in 4 years. 3 fouls=foul trouble? Lol. As Ironman92 said, he is one of the best at avoiding foul trouble. Terrific body control for a 6'11" player. And last night was only his second "T" in 4 years. Anyone who saw it could tell you that it was a tad bogus.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pickoff42 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 am You can count on one hand the # of times he has fouled out in 4 years. 3 fouls=foul trouble? Lol. As Ironman92 said, he is one of the best at avoiding foul trouble. Terrific body control for a 6'11" player. And last night was only his second "T" in 4 years. Anyone who saw it could tell you that it was a tad bogus.
He shoulder bumped a kid right after he was called for a foul AND right in front of the referee lol, it was a good call. He's too good and smart of a player/kid to do dumb things like that.

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Agreed Dani. But both players were a little rough on that play. He probably did deserve it, but when you get beat on game in and game out as he does, I'm really surprised he can keep his composure as well as he does.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pickoff42 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:58 am Agreed Dani. But both players were a little rough on that play. He probably did deserve it, but when you get beat on game in and game out as he does, I'm really surprised he can keep his composure as well as he does.
Was just coming back to amend my post by adding that last part. It really does have to be exhausting having players hang all over him for most of the game. Typically keeps his head really well. I'm excited to see him play at least one more time.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I guess a better poll question could have been ... if you were a coach and had to win one game at the Convo, who would you rather have at C ...

Woodside?
Loveday?
Swingle?

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

First of all, just want to give a loud holler out to the SVC for backing up what everyone knows but didn’t want to admit...50% of conference winning sextional championships and moving on to district. The basketball in the SVC is going to be as solid as the meatloaf at riverside diner for next several years! Also, shout out to the PIKE COUNTY teams who are sending 3/4 (=75%) of HS teams to the Districts. NewsWatchman gonna be a hot item to get your hands on!

As for the torments and the lineup at the Convection on Saturday, makes perfect cents to get the party started with the CCC and the CC poledancers cheering on our Redstreaks! Redstreaks was as cool as my menthol lights against Portsmouth West, and showed they are not just a one man team. Seems like Piketon is hated or picked against by everyone; I think coach Leggett will have his boys prepared for Alexander. Jolie Billingsworth and the Chillicothe Gazelle had a nice Oracle about the Redstreaks. But all this talk and disrespect continues about a Piketon team who is now 18-5...my momma always said “ he who talks loudest, Don’t know how to turn on the microphone”...looks like all Camp Creek will be taking a raft to Athens, so we’re gonna head out now. I’ll try to check in on my journey over. Go Streaks!

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:23 am I guess a better poll question could have been ... if you were a coach and had to win one game at the Convo, who would you rather have at C ...

Woodside?
Loveday?
Swingle?
Tanner Perdue

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:41 am
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:23 am I guess a better poll question could have been ... if you were a coach and had to win one game at the Convo, who would you rather have at C ...

Woodside?
Loveday?
Swingle?
Tanner Perdue
Not a center! Lol

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 pm Alexander vs Piketon

I’m going to go with Alexander. They do things real well and seem to be peaking a bit. Piketon is legit and Perdue does it all. Alexander takes this one in their backyard.

Alexander 56
Piketon 53

Perdue with 38
I like it!

One thing is for certain, coach Kearns is a very underrated coach. Give that guy a week to prepare and he will have a good game plan ready to go for Saturday.
Alexander is much more disciplined and better coached but Piketon has more talent. Ill go with Alexander by 4.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Alex will control the tempo all game, terry should have a big game. Alex by 5

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If the Alexander talk keeps going (which I pretty much started).....I may change my pick to Piketon. They are a gritty bunch and if they get any perimeter shooting besides Perdue thry’ll be very tough to beat. They’ve played a good schedule and have dealt with a player bigger and stronger than Terry. Definitely not dismissing Piketon at all in this game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

What is Alexander's all time record at the Convo?

I like Piketon in that matchup. They have played a very difficult schedule and despite their lack of size, has done an excellent job slowing the size that they have faced. It sounds like Blanton's shooting is coming along, Reader and Little are really tough kids, and mix in other solid role players and Perdue's help is making them dangerous.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alexander schedule no pushover

Athens
Athens
Vinton
Vinton
Warren
Jackson
Waterford
Oak Hill
Trimble

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:36 pm Alexander schedule no pushover

Athens
Athens
Vinton
Vinton
Warren
Jackson
Waterford
Oak Hill
Trimble
And got beat by a bad Portsmouth team by around 15

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

But Alexander WILL beat piketon,looks like an upset by seeding ,but its not

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Piketon wins this game easily. Don’t count the Redstreaks out

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

D3 district Semis only have 1 game on Saturday that match the expected 2 seeds.

The Waverly Sectional and it’s lack of strength at the top have caused some different matchups.

1 vs 4 and 2 vs 6 in the top District.

1 vs 5 and 3 vs 10 in the bottom district.

The SOC2 are favorites in my mind to move 2 teams to the Regionals. However Oak Hill had a similar road last year and couldn’t navigate it.

The D2 district semis have seen Chalk totally dominate.

1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in Both Districts.

Of the 4 Sectional Sites —- 3 of them saw Chalk reign with The Top 4 seeds advancing.

Waverly was the outlier with 1 and 6 coupled with 5 and 10 moving on.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

How big is FairField Union front players ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 pm How big is FairField Union front players ?
Woodside is either 6'5 or 6'6 and extremely strong. Harrah is closer to 6'7 I believe. Play together and both are very solid post players.

Return to “Boys Basketball”