(1) Minford vs (2) Southeastern - DIII District Final

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: (1) Minford vs (2) Southeastern - DIII District Final

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:40 pm SE jumped out 5-0 then Minford went on a 16-0 run. First period was 18-11 Minford

MINFORD FIRST HALF
Daniels 12
Blankenship 10
Risner 5
Puckett 4
Slusher 3
Minford was 3-11 from the line

SOUTHEASTERN
Skeens 7
Mitten 6
Collins 4
Hice 1
Southeastern was 5-8 from the line.
Does Southeastern even have anyone to contend with Daniels??

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

End of 3

Minford 50
Southeastern 30

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Skeens doing all she can - 9 points that quarter.
Minford way better TEAM.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:43 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:36 pm Not impressed with Skeens as far as the scoring records she set. Decent player but Daniels is 10 times the basketball player.

Minford the much better overall team in the first half.
She’s the all time leading scorer in Ross County so bash her for this one half all you want.
Minford is the better TEAM for sure, it’s not all Daniels. She is very good but she has a very good team around her.
I wasn't bashing her. She is decent. Just not that impressed. Maybe Minfords defense is just swallowing her up.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well maybe Southeastern's boys will fare better later on tonight but they have a tough game against Eastern Pike so we'll see. Congrats to SE on another great year and good luck to E. Skeens next year she's had an amazing high school career. Good luck to Minford moving forward really good team going 3/11 from the line in the 1st half needs cleaned up to keep on advancing.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:03 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:36 pm Not impressed with Skeens as far as the scoring records she set. Decent player but Daniels is 10 times the basketball player.

She’s the all time leading scorer in Ross County so bash her for this one half all you want.
Minford is the better TEAM for sure, it’s not all Daniels. She is very good but she has a very good team around her.
I wasn't bashing her. She is decent. Just not that impressed. Maybe Minfords defense is just swallowing her up.
Don't backpedal from your comment now. Hard to judge a player when she's the main focal point of any defense and simply just not enough around her to force them off of her.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Don't backpedal from your comment now. Hard to judge a player when she's the main focal point of any defense and simply just not enough around her to force them off of her.
I didn't. I said she is decent twice. I'm here if you want to talk about it since you seem butt hurt and are making my opinions a big deal.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:10 pm

I didn't. I said she is decent twice. I'm here if you want to talk about it since you seem butt hurt and are making my opinions a big deal.
LOL, that's it now deflect. Yes, you did say she's decent which means satisfactory. I'm not butt hurt at all just checking you on your comment. Daniels is good, but made better by the team around her she should do decent when faced with stiffer competition.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:16 pm

LOL, that's it now deflect. Yes, you did say she's decent which means satisfactory. I'm not butt hurt at all just checking you on your comment. Daniels is good, but made better by the team around her she should do decent when faced with stiffer competition.
Like I said, she is a decent player. Daniels is just that much better and Minford as a team is much better.

I certainly would like to see both her and Daniels on the same team. Apologies if my comments you hurt

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Minford 59
Southeastern 39

Final

Congratulations to the Lady Falcons! Minford will now play Wednesday 3/7 at Logan High School against Africentric. Good Luck!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Like I said, she is a decent player. Daniels is just that much better and Minford as a team is much better.

I certainly would like to see both her and Daniels on the same team. Apologies if my comments you hurt
No worries, just didn't understand how you could judge her off 1 half of ball against a very good Minford team, considering she's been SVC player all 4 years and all-time SVC scorer. Look at SE before she was there and their record while she was there is very impressive. Minford just a quality team certainly a game where they were predicted to win don't know if anyone thought by 20 but you have that. Good Luck to Minford going forward.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MINFORD SCORING
Daniels 22
Blankenship 19
Risner 5
Slusher 5
Puckett 4
Shonkwiler 2

SOUTHEASTERN SCORING
Skeens 22
Mitten 9
Collins 4
Harper 3

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:26 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:18 pm

No worries, just didn't understand how you could judge her off 1 half of ball against a very good Minford team, considering she's been SVC player all 4 years and all-time SVC scorer. Look at SE before she was there and their record while she was there is very impressive. Minford just a quality team certainly a game where they were predicted to win don't know if anyone thought by 20 but you have that. Good Luck to Minford going forward.

I had Minford winning but not by that margin.....that's for sure.

Has Skeens signed to play anywhere yet?

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Sceens is playing at D1 Dayton even though she in only 1/10 the player. Ha ha . Skeens is hands down top d3 player around here. But because she is on a weaker team she gets no respect. Same situation with the Johnson kid from SW
But I think they r D4

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Regional cannot be at Logan, possibility it will be at Waverly. OHSAA contacted Waverly to see about the availability.
You have Minford, the winner of Fairland/North Adams, East winner and Central winner.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

REGIONAL IS SET (site TBD)

Wednesday March 7
Africentric vs Minford 6:15pm
Berlin Hiland vs Fairland 8:00pm

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

I have watch Ella play for a very high level showcase team the Cincinnati Angels for a couple of years now. This kid can play. She is athletic off the charts, jumps out of the gym knocks down shot after shot against the best competition in the COUNTRY. She has scored over 2,200 points in her career. I don't think there is any doubt about her skill set or athletic ability. I don't care who you are, if you are the majority of your teams points and the other team has MULTIPLE players that play at a high level and they are determined to put two and three defenders on you, then you will struggle. The effort, and energy it takes to just get the ball along with the pressure. Listen, Minford was the much better team, but Ella is a stud! Something most people don't Know about Ms. Skeens. When she plays for the Angels with multiple players that have a very high skill set and she gets the opportunity to take a break on the bench for a while, no one in the gym cheers and is more excited for the success her teammates while she is not on the floor. This kid has 2,200 high school points and I don't know how many thousand travel ball points and she gets the most excited when her teammates succeed. Special basketball player, even better young lady. JMO Congratulations SE Panthers on a great season and good luck to Minford Against Africentric.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congrats to Minford on the win. Definitely the better team today. The post player Blankenship was impressive. Not sure if she plays like that most games but she was a difference maker in this one. I would not be surprised to see her play at the next level. The Daniels girl was a nice player as well, my first chance to see her in a high school she played a nice game and was decent overall player. She’ll fit in well at Ashland. That is a nice program. Best of luck to them the rest of the way.

Southeastern was out matched and when that has occurred this season against the Miami Trace, Courthouse, Amanda, Alexander, etc. they have shot the ball well. That didn’t happen today, looking at the stats: Skeens didnt shoot is as well from deep but ended up 7/20, 23 points, 12 rebounds and our second leading scorer struggled from the outside too. That happens sometimes. Our outside shots weren’t falling. We are not deep and when we were in foul trouble in the second quarter sitting 2 starters things got a way from us and we couldn’t recover. Like I said this was a fun team to follow this year 21-5. Way better than many imagine possible. onto bigger and better things. Can’t wait to follow Ella at Dayton and the rest of the girls in Their future endeavors.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

smurray wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:14 pm Regional cannot be at Logan, possibility it will be at Waverly. OHSAA contacted Waverly to see about the availability.
You have Minford, the winner of Fairland/North Adams, East winner and Central winner.
Any idea why they aren't playing at Logan?

Post by Sid Farkus »

You weren't impressed with Skeens? Let me tell you who was impressed. Dayton's coach along with a number of other coaches at the D1 level who offered her full rides to play for them. Now, Daniels impressed me today, but I'm curious, how many D1 coaches has she impressed? Like I said, she impressed me today, but to say she's 10 times the player Skeens is makes you look foolish.

Return to “Girls Basketball”