2018 Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Hoopie74 »

From the SHAC, I would say the Green Devil's of North Adams will be at the top along with Ripley. North Adams has several back along with A bunch of reserves that went undefeated from what I have heard. Ripley has some of their better players back for next year. Peebles has no Junior this year so they will be playing alot of youngsters.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

EagleNut14 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:49 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:22 pm Chubb, Maxfield down at the rec today shootin hoops already. When does the pre season elite 8 come out? Dogs gotta be top 8 material. Haha
Count on seeing Athens, Warren, Sheridan, Chillicothe, Piketon , Logan, Zane Trace, Portsmouth, Logan Elm as part of the Elite 8 or very close to the top 8 going into next year ... I was writing those off the top of my head .... I'm sure there are others that should be right there for consideration as well FU will be there with a lot of freshmen playing up this season, Fairland is said to be looking good for next year as well ... some of the powers of a few years ago - Chesapeake, Whiteoak, Alexander , Lucasville Valley have groups of kids ready to move those schools back into contention ... NEXT YEAR will be a great year for SE Ohio hoops AGAIN !

What about Eastern Pike? 20-3 with only loses to Oak Hill, Africentric (2 top 10 teams in D3) and a good Ripley team. With all starters returning.
... EagleNut14 - thanks for the heads up on Eastern Pike for next year - I have not had the chance to see the Eagles or see a roster of the grade levels ... returning all of the starters from this season's excellent team for next year - sounds like all is well in Beaver Eastern for next season too !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:42 pm Watch out for the Ironton Fighting Tigers in 2018-2019. They return virtually everybody, including PG Ethan Wilson, SF Charlie Large, and P Reed Carrico, who scored 23 points as a freshman vs. Wheelersburg in the Jackson sectional. No team I've seen this year played harder than Ironton did against the Burg. Beware the Tigers of Coach Mark Lafon next year.

... good to hear that Ironton will be on the road back to where we are used to seeing them on the hardwood ... thanks trojandave ...

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

for Trojan fans I fall back to a quotr fro the ole ball coach.."The best thing about freshmen and sophmores, they become juniors and seniors" Coach Collins will have them playing hard and improving

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Pfloyd: thought you may want to know. Beau Justice was just named The Dll Gulf South Conference player of the year as a Junior. Congrats young man.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:51 pm From the SHAC, I would say the Green Devil's of North Adams will be at the top along with Ripley. North Adams has several back along with A bunch of reserves that went undefeated from what I have heard. Ripley has some of their better players back for next year. Peebles has no Junior this year so they will be playing alot of youngsters.
Don't forget the Eastern Warriors. The league in general should be competitive again. There's a lot of young talent coming up in schools too. Should be another fun year!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bobcat2015 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:38 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:51 pm From the SHAC, I would say the Green Devil's of North Adams will be at the top along with Ripley. North Adams has several back along with A bunch of reserves that went undefeated from what I have heard. Ripley has some of their better players back for next year. Peebles has no Junior this year so they will be playing alot of youngsters.
Don't forget the Eastern Warriors. The league in general should be competitive again. There's a lot of young talent coming up in schools too. Should be another fun year!
For sure Eastern. League should be good.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mhs95_06 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:07 am You may have missed these due to being unexpectedly gone over the weekend:

Waterford (14-7)
Lynchburg Clay (13-8)
Trimble (15-5)
New Boston (15-7)
Alexander (11-10)
Logan Elm (9-13)
Western Pike (13-9)
Belpre (12-9)................ended 12-10 after losing to Eastern Meigs 71-73 on 2/23
Southern (14-7)
Fairfield Leesburg (12-10)

Miller (11-8)................ended 13-8, plays Belpre in tourney on 2/27
South Point (9-12)
Meigs (9-13)
Ironton (6-15)
St Joseph (15-6)
Marietta (8-14)
Minford (8-12)
Wellston (10-10)
Crooksville (8-14)
New Lexington (8-13)

Portsmouth West (8-12)
Green (11-9)
South Webster (7-13)
Hillsboro (7-15)
Circleville (7-14)
North Adams (10-11)
Southeastern (9-13)
Symmes Valley (12-9)
Chesapeake (5-15)
Nelsonville York (5-16)

Adena (6-14)
Lucasville Valley (5-15)
South Gallia (6-14)
Northwest (6-16)
River Valley (5-15)
Eastern Reedsville (8-12) .....ended 10-12 in reg season after beating Belpre on 2/23, 10-13 after tourney loss 2/21 to S. Gallia

This ought to make the Belpre/Miller tourney game at Meigs 2/27 about an even game!
Thank you for the corrections !

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Belpre/Miller game maybe should have been even, but wasn't! Both Belpre girls and boys both got clobbered in the tourney by teams they had beaten twice during the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mhs95_06 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:38 pm Belpre/Miller game maybe should have been even, but wasn't! Both Belpre girls and boys both got clobbered in the tourney by teams they had beaten twice during the season.
... it has always been a difficult thing to beat an opponent 3 times - ALWAYS ... hard to get those W's from the first 2 times outta the players heads then throw in that obviously what the opponent did the first 2 times didn't work so THEY are still making adjustments while the winner of the 2 games? not so much ... tough to get that 3rd win imo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:23 pm Pfloyd: thought you may want to know. Beau Justice was just named The Dll Gulf South Conference player of the year as a Junior. Congrats young man.
... excellent ! great to see that Beau is making a name for himself at the next level - outstanding player, one of the elite player from the Southeast District ... congratulations Beau Justice !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You still have your varsity jacket you can wear to Sunday's games if your alma mater makes it, Floyd???

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:35 pm You still have your varsity jacket you can wear to Sunday's games if your alma mater makes it, Floyd???

lol
... The Tigers of Coach Cox are headed for Basketball 30 and the Convo ! ... I have to dig it out ! it's in the basement, boxed up !!! Scarlet and Gray !!!

New Boston 80
Fairfield Leesburg 66 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... It's time to head down Rte 33 to A'town ... I have nothing in the first game between Sheridan vs Waverly - wish them both the best ... the nightcap ?!! Warren Local vs the U ?!!! dang it ! - both excellent basketball programs, 2 outstanding coaches in Coaches Maddox and Hoops ... I have gotten to know Coach Hoops & his staff over the last 4-5 years and Coaches Maddox, Coffman, Colgrove, Mitchem, Padgett are the best around & I've known them all for years now ... I've made sure I'm not wearing colors that will tick either school off LOL - went with the always neutral 2016 Pfloyd Tour Purple Hippo shirt -THAT'S as neutral as anyone can get ! LOL ... best of luck to BOTH teams tonight ... as usual there will be rundowns on both D@ Semi's after the games - Basketball 30 night #2 , Gms #3 & #4 !!! 12 gms in 4 days !!! ...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How bout them Waverly Tigers!!!
Can’t wait for your napkin stats.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 pm
EagleNut14 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:09 pm
Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm

I can see Piketon in the elite 8 next season. Yes losing a player like Perdue will hurt the Redstreaks but I don’t think it will hurt like everyone thinks. Piketon will still be returning a lot of guys (Lightle, Blanton, Thacker, Little, Mathews) and I also see a lot of younger guys contributing. I wouldn’t sleep on Piketon next year
Piketon will be .500 next year at best.
Don’t be hating on my Redstreaks. Been around the program for almost 50 years now. Seen a lot of Redstreaks basketball over the years, this team will NOT be bad
They wont be good next year below 500 team all give you odds and lay 1k on it anytime you want. Will be the 4th best team in Pike County well as long as the Christian academy doesnt bring in a ringer thenn they will be 5th best.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

ronm001 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:17 pm

Don’t be hating on my Redstreaks. Been around the program for almost 50 years now. Seen a lot of Redstreaks basketball over the years, this team will NOT be bad
They wont be good next year below 500 team all give you odds and lay 1k on it anytime you want. Will be the 4th best team in Pike County well as long as the Christian academy doesnt bring in a ringer thenn they will be 5th best.
State championship or nothing next year!

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Piketon seems to always put a decent to good team on the floor

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:17 pm

Piketon will be fine next year. We obviously lose a lot and some kids will have to get better this offseason. A lot of it will have to do with what style we play. May have to slow it down a bit next year. Still some good players returning and a JV team who went 18-2 this year.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

If they get new coaches and a new style and work on shooting they can contend for mid pack SVC. If they play same style same coaches will be below 500. They have nobody who can score enough consistently at this point.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”