Unique features of your team’s stadium

Chief02
Varsity

Re: Unique features of your team’s stadium

Post by Chief02 »

Not a whole lot unique about Logan’s current stadium, but old Bill Sauer Field had quite a few things unique about it. The home stands were built into a hillside with the high school behind it. The players would walk out of their locker room and down a set of stairs, past the concessions, and onto the field. And let’s not forget the unique entrance of the band.....”Please direct your attention to the east gates, where under the direction....”. While I love having nice, new schools for my kids, I miss the nostalgia of The Old School on the Hill.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Still think they need to find away to have the band come from under the stadium. The drums would rock the place. Come out onto the 50 yard line and split. The visitors side wouldn't know where it is coming from until the band comes in sight.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I dig how ironton's band comes onto the field pre game. if you have never seen it, it's very cool. and I love how the band forms a tunnel for the players to run through while the band plays ''eye of the tiger'' and they still bust through the big hoops at the end covered with paper with art on it. and irontons band also has their own covered bandstand with bleachers to protect the band from the weather as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Fairland has the dirt field between the hash marks! Makes an awesome dust cloud when dry and a great place for mudder events on Saturday nights!

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Firebreather wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 pm Fairland has the dirt field between the hash marks! Makes an awesome dust cloud when dry and a great place for mudder events on Saturday nights!
:lol:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:28 am Still think they need to find away to have the band come from under the stadium. The drums would rock the place. Come out onto the 50 yard line and split. The visitors side wouldn't know where it is coming from until the band comes in sight.
That would require some reconfiguration of the stands of course. Also, some people about had a meltdown when we moved to the new high school and found out that the band would enter from the west gates instead of the east gates. Could you imagine the outright revolt if we had to change it to “please direct your attention to the front of the stands....”?

Thewaterboy69
Waterboy

Post by Thewaterboy69 »

Some people may like it but I don't that stupid cannon coal grove fires up when they score a touchdown I think that's so stupid!!!! Go ironton

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The one at Nelson/York gets me every time, but I love it.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Good concession eats at Pirate stadium.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am The one at Nelson/York gets me every time, but I love it.
No more cannon at Nelsonville-York.
Their was an incident with a miss fire. Bad things happened so the cannon is retired.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Davis Stadium at Oak Hill has a victory bell cast in the 1890's.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:19 am
noreply66 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am The one at Nelson/York gets me every time, but I love it.
No more cannon at Nelsonville-York.
Their was an incident with a miss fire. Bad things happened so the cannon is retired.
Hate to hear that. The cannon was a great part of the NY Tradition. However, I do love walking through the gates with the stone NY on the ground and in the center is the Buckeye that every player touches before every game. That stuff gives me goosebumps! Looking forward to this upcoming year to see what the Bucks can return!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The old Logan school had a victory bell. If the weather conditions were right you could hear it all over Logan.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I always loved the victory bell at ironton, and the enourmous flag they always hoisted way before basically any other schools their size were hoisting flags that big. it was so cool seeing that huge, enourmous flag going up, especially if it was windy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I love Trojan Coliseum, where the fans can sit close to the field, with no track separation. Concession area is a little crowded, but the bathrooms are as spacious as any I've seen. The view of Portsmouth from the home side when it is still daylight is spectacular. The stones surrounding the field give it a coliseum feel, and so far there haven't been any injury issues with them.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Thewaterboy69 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 am Some people may like it but I don't that stupid cannon coal grove fires up when they score a touchdown I think that's so stupid!!!! Go ironton
Is that because you have to hear cannons when Ironton plays at Burg as well?

TacoSalad
Waterboy

Post by TacoSalad »

Fairland - Wasn't the main part of the home side of stadium condemned in the 80s or early 90's? It was slightly repaired and still standing. Maybe someone can confirm this??
Gallia Academy - Field sets down a hill. Several people in houses overlooking the field watch the games from their back porches.

Before responding to my posts please remove your blinders. I just tell it how I see it.
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:27 pm The old Logan school had a victory bell. If the weather conditions were right you could hear it all over Logan.
We still have the victory bell noreply. It just sits there though.

P.S. I know you know that. That was some sarcasm and self-deprecating humor.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Even with a win it doesn't sound the same. Sets too Low. It needs to sit on top of the Press box so it can be heard down through the valley. Mount it on the press box and run a rope down into where the Logan coaches sit so one of them can ring it.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Thewaterboy69 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 am Some people may like it but I don't that stupid cannon coal grove fires up when they score a touchdown I think that's so stupid!!!! Go ironton
I hate the cannon too... probably for the same reason as you 😂 If I were an Ironton fan, I'd have a constant hatred of cannons myself.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…

Return to “Football”