Eastern High School Head Coach Search?

Super trooper
All State

Re: Eastern High School Head Coach Search?

Post by Super trooper »

I would be shocked if Coach Hill didn’t return to Eastern next season

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

I hear parents are not pleased with Coach Hill and trying to push him out.. quite unfortunate, but i feel if Kight comes in, theyll be ok.. if he wins, if not then he will get pushed out too. Wouldnt be surpised if Hill makes the leap to Meigs, think hed be a good fit there. As fas as Howie goes... his final coaching destination will more than likely be with Trimble. Nice try lol. Is that really what Eastern fans are expecting is another Howie Caldwell? If so, good luck with that search..

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

I believe Hill will go to Meigs. It is in his and both schools best interest that he makes that move

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I do not think Hill will go to Meigs, there was a big push to get him there last year because of the Senior Class that he was familiar with at the Jr. High level. Meigs coach next year will be someone that is affiliated with the Freshmen Class that will be coming in. A few names that will come to surface is Cleland, Williams, Bartrum and maybe even Yates!!!

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:54 am I do not think Hill will go to Meigs, there was a big push to get him there last year because of the Senior Class that he was familiar with at the Jr. High level. Meigs coach next year will be someone that is affiliated with the Freshmen Class that will be coming in. A few names that will come to surface is Cleland, Williams, Bartrum and maybe even Yates!!!
Add former Eastern coach and meigs alum Burdett to that list.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

TVC wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:05 am
tvc_fan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:54 am I do not think Hill will go to Meigs, there was a big push to get him there last year because of the Senior Class that he was familiar with at the Jr. High level. Meigs coach next year will be someone that is affiliated with the Freshmen Class that will be coming in. A few names that will come to surface is Cleland, Williams, Bartrum and maybe even Yates!!!
Add former Eastern coach and meigs alum Burdett to that list.
He would be at the top of the list I would think.

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Funny that the coach that is being beat on at Eastern is thinking or talking about going to Meigs. People are fickle!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

John Burdette would be a great hire for anyone. Hopefully Eastern can figure out a way to keep him

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Super trooper wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:12 pm John Burdette would be a great hire for anyone. Hopefully Eastern can figure out a way to keep him
Who?

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:54 pm Howie will never leave Trimble until it’s time to retire from coaching!
The only way Howdy Caldwell will come back to Eastern is if the talent is too good to pass up. So if we want him back we better start recruiting. :mrgreen:

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

In all my years watching eastern sports the Eagles ain’t never been a basketball school. Why are we even worried about this? I see wrestling being the thing to do in the winter pretty soon.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:00 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:54 pm Howie will never leave Trimble until it’s time to retire from coaching!
The only way Howdy Caldwell will come back to Eastern is if the talent is too good to pass up. So if we want him back we better start recruiting. :mrgreen:
That’s the truth. He won with recruits the first time he was at Eastern. Home grown talent is rare in reedsville

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

TVC wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:58 pm
eagle25 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:00 pm
That’s the truth. He won with recruits the first time he was at Eastern. Home grown talent is rare in reedsville
Except in baseball

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

I am interested to see who will replace the worst boys basketball coach in the history of Eastern HS. 5 years - 0 tournament wins :lol:

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 am I am interested to see who will replace the worst boys basketball coach in the history of Eastern HS. 5 years - 0 tournament wins :lol:
I don't know that anyone could have grinded out any tourney wins there in the last five years. Not the X's and O's...it's the Jimmy's and Joe's

Making offers you can't refuse
Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Vito Corleone wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 am
Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 am I am interested to see who will replace the worst boys basketball coach in the history of Eastern HS. 5 years - 0 tournament wins :lol:
I don't know that anyone could have grinded out any tourney wins there in the last five years. Not the X's and O's...it's the Jimmy's and Joe's
You are a joke :lol:

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Just saying...Hasn't had much to work with. And if there isn't anything coming up I'm sure you'll be the first person to bash the next coach too.

Making offers you can't refuse
Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Vito Corleone wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am Just saying...Hasn't had much to work with. And if there isn't anything coming up I'm sure you'll be the first person to bash the next coach too.
Junior class won all the way up through freshman year. Then when coach hill took them over on the varsity level half of them quit and now they can't win a game. He is the death of Eastern basketball.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am
Vito Corleone wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am Just saying...Hasn't had much to work with. And if there isn't anything coming up I'm sure you'll be the first person to bash the next coach too.
Junior class won all the way up through freshman year. Then when coach hill took them over on the varsity level half of them quit and now they can't win a game. He is the death of Eastern basketball.
No.. Kids quitting because they didn't like a coach and parents justifying it has been the death of Eastern Basketball.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am
Go back to study hall, Ol Bud! Vito is right, not much to work with and if the next guy doesn’t win, you will be the first to bash him! Also, you don’t know much about the history of Eastern basketball!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”