Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by LucasDavenport »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:10 pm
Graceland wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 pm What about Wheelersburg 3 players from Green and 1 from Portsmouth on the team. I guess maybe you need a few more transfers. Quit your winning. What about the secret meeting for open enrollment they have also.
Anything solid on this or is it trolling this topic?
Of course!! They are on the 5th Thursday following the 5th Monday of the month

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Graceland wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 pm What about Wheelersburg 3 players from Green and 1 from Portsmouth on the team. I guess maybe you need a few more transfers. Quit your winning. What about the secret meeting for open enrollment they have also.
I know nothing about the particulars of Wburg's situation, but I do know this: a good coach and success attracts. That's a different situation than a coach and school that recruits and/or selects talent. And drawing players from greater Cbus and greater southern Ohio is not the same thing. It's the difference between Lake Erie and Vesuvius Lake. FWIW.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Basketball is over so let’s move the complaining about transfers to Softball and Basball threads. At least we be in the current season...👍

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Why would Burg want to quit their "winning" everyone likes to win! :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

I was told today that there has been quite the uprising because the families paying the taxes kids' are sitting while players coming from other districts are. Is this close?

That is one benefit from the CB number. It tells the truth.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Urban wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:34 pm
I was told today that there has been quite the uprising because the families paying the taxes kids' are sitting while players coming from other districts are. Is this close?

That is one benefit from the CB number. It tells the truth.
There are no uprisings. Winning keeps that to a minimum. And the transfer opportunities go both ways. Not happy at Burg transfer. God knows sports are the most important thing in the world...

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

rxburgfan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:56 pm There are no uprisings. Winning keeps that to a minimum. And the transfer opportunities go both ways. Not happy at Burg transfer. God knows sports are the most important thing in the world...
I think you're wrong. The person that told me has a sister that lives in Wheelersburg.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Urban wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:04 pm
rxburgfan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:56 pm There are no uprisings. Winning keeps that to a minimum. And the transfer opportunities go both ways. Not happy at Burg transfer. God knows sports are the most important thing in the world...
I think you're wrong. The person that told me has a sister that lives in Wheelersburg.
My uncles brothers dads next door neighbors mailman told me everything was fine. So that’s a pretty reliable source. Relax and enjoy the winning.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

rxburgfan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 pm
Urban wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:04 pm
My uncles brothers dads next door neighbors mailman told me everything was fine. So that’s a pretty reliable source. Relax and enjoy the winning.
Where do people come up with this stuff

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Imagine with the new schools how much property taxes are on those half a million dollar homes are up on the hill and Patriot Ridge. Then their kids and grandkids don't play on the basketball team or Friday nights while kids from New Boston, Webster, Minford, East, and Green do. I'm willing to bet more kids from Franklin Furnace play football at Wheelersburg than does at Green.

Whole thing seems pretty plausible to me

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

It would be more plausible if patriot ridge was actually burg school district

burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbacker »

Patriot Ridge isn’t in Wheelersburg School District.

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Urban wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 pm Imagine with the new schools how much property taxes are on those half a million dollar homes are up on the hill and Patriot Ridge. Then their kids and grandkids don't play on the basketball team or Friday nights while kids from New Boston, Webster, Minford, East, and Green do. I'm willing to bet more kids from Franklin Furnace play football at Wheelersburg than does at Green.

Whole thing seems pretty plausible to me
First question Urban:

Why do you care?

#2: You obviously, as an ADULT, have a child that is impacted by kids/families moving into the Wheelersburg school district, yes?

#3: Do you have a LEGITIMATE GRIPE on here about paying taxes and your little "Johnny" doesn't get to play because of one of the greatly recruited athletes from the huge schools of New Boston, Webster, Minford, East, and Green do? Is that it?

I guess it's like you said before. It's like AA-admitting you have a problem or some crap you said. Which, by the way, was very classy. Still don't understand what the **** you meant by that.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

#2. No.

#3 No

Bad attempt at humor.

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Well I heard someone on here say once.....

The first step is admitting your fault. Burg hater.

Hopefully enough of you can get a group together and meet monthly and leave our families, kids who play and just the freakin' phrase "The Burg" alone.

I think you'll feel better inside. Keep us up to date on your progress.

We are...the burg.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Spin it how you will. People need to know why things are the way they are. That's the best thing about competitive balance. At least there is now real numbers for people to see. I was surprised at how Wheelersburg fans didn't know the 30 cb number and what it means.

But the fact is Wheelersburg has a good program. But there is no magic potion. They have more numbers of better players than the local schools. They won at the high school level this year because of transfers. They won 8th grade boys basketball because of transfers. They won 7th grade girls basketball because of transfers. They win at little league baseball/softball because of transfers. Its a fact.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Urban wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:26 pm Spin it how you will. People need to know why things are the way they are. That's the best thing about competitive balance. At least there is now real numbers for people to see. I was surprised at how Wheelersburg fans didn't know the 30 cb number and what it means.

But the fact is Wheelersburg has a good program. But there is no magic potion. They have more numbers of better players than the local schools. They won at the high school level this year because of transfers. They won 8th grade boys basketball because of transfers. They won 7th grade girls basketball because of transfers. They win at little league baseball/softball because of transfers. Its a fact.
Here’s some facts :

4 final fours in basketball
2 state championships in football
Best winning percentage at the convo
5 track state champions
More soc championships than the rest of the soc combined
Three state baseball championships
One softball state championship
A national championship in academics

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:43 pm
Urban wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:26 pm Spin it how you will. People need to know why things are the way they are. That's the best thing about competitive balance. At least there is now real numbers for people to see. I was surprised at how Wheelersburg fans didn't know the 30 cb number and what it means.

Here’s some facts :

4 final fours in basketball
2 state championships in football
Best winning percentage at the convo
5 track state champions
More soc championships than the rest of the soc combined
Three state baseball championships
One softball state championship
A national championship in academics (plus two state championships in academics.)
Helped ya fill in the accolades. ‘85 and ‘86, those two.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

East/SE aren't beating boys from Columbus very often. Playing field is not level in many aspects. Proud to win or lose with our own !

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Let’s clean this up a little bit, finish up the game discussion and move on.

Please do not reference curse words, even with stars, and there are kids reading this stuff and the “adults” should be setting the example!

Congrats on a good season Burg!

Return to “Boys Basketball”