TVC Hocking 2018

tvc_fan
Varsity

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by tvc_fan »

coyote wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:53 pm
coyote wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am Word on the street is Mattox is at school at EASTERN today
Yes you saw him there and it was not official, however he got the call today and he starts tomorrow morning and is now an Eastern Eagle.
Good for the young man. Eastern is one of the best schools in the area, always very classy. Most importantly he gets his diploma but I'm also excited to watch him possibly play some baseball! Looks like it's gonna be a great year at Eastern with or without him, but he will only help if he is able to play.
Thank you for being only one of the few for the support of a kid that is labeled a bad influence, rule breaker that gets failing grades. This will benefit him and Eastern. Kid made a few bad choices and has put them behind him to move forward.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Yes you saw him there and it was not official, however he got the call today and he starts tomorrow morning and is now an Eastern Eagle.
Good for the young man. Eastern is one of the best schools in the area, always very classy. Most importantly he gets his diploma but I'm also excited to watch him possibly play some baseball! Looks like it's gonna be a great year at Eastern with or without him, but he will only help if he is able to play.
Thank you for being only one of the few for the support of a kid that is labeled a bad influence, rule breaker that gets failing grades. This will benefit him and Eastern. Kid made a few bad choices and has put them behind him to move forward.
Honestly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, who cares what one 18 year old kid does? Seriously. It affects nobody's life personally but his own.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:31 pm
Honestly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, who cares what one 18 year old kid does? Seriously. It affects nobody's life personally but his own.
So any choice or decision u make affects nobody's life but your own?

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

Post by Maroon and gold »

One person's actions do affect other people. For instance if you're a parent who cares more about your kids points per game or era than their GPA then you miss all the signs of a rebellious kid who fails to follow the rules. It affects the kid. While he is trying to prove that he would be worthy of a college scholarship, you allow him to get away with not wearing the proper attire to a class he signed up for. Thereby putting himself in a tough spot and making all the potential next level coaches wonder if he would end up rebelling on them too. All the best to Christian Maddox. I hope he overcomes it all and is very successful in life.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Dude, I'm trying to get these people to stop dogging your kid, because I personally like him. Why does it matter to anybody on here what he does? Is anybody losing sleep because a high school kid changed schools? That's my point. I exaggerated before with a statement. It happens. I'm just trying to figure out why people care so much. Maroon and Gold, so if this affects Christian long term, how are you affected? I've screwed up and lost jobs in my life. If you lose a job, do you dwell on it to learn from it or go get another job as fast as you can if someone is willing to hire you? You go get another job. This kid wanted to keep playing ball and maybe found a way to do so. Regardless of what he wold have done, at this point in his life he either learned from it or he didn't.

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

Post by Maroon and gold »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 am

Dude, I'm trying to get these people to stop dogging your kid, because I personally like him. Why does it matter to anybody on here what he does? Is anybody losing sleep because a high school kid changed schools? That's my point. I exaggerated before with a statement. It happens. I'm just trying to figure out why people care so much. Maroon and Gold, so if this affects Christian long term, how are you affected? I've screwed up and lost jobs in my life. If you lose a job, do you dwell on it to learn from it or go get another job as fast as you can if someone is willing to hire you? You go get another job. This kid wanted to keep playing ball and maybe found a way to do so. Regardless of what he wold have done, at this point in his life he either learned from it or he didn't.
I'm not affected. You missed my point. Kids will be kids and I wish him nothing but the best. Sincerely. My point is that the typical Meigs superstar's parents think way too much about what happens on the field or court and totally lose focus on the true potential of their kid. I've seen it time and time again. I love sports and competition however parents who get ate up with thinking their kid is the second coming of the athletic savior are a huge problem. They allow junior to run the show as long as their points per game or yards per carry are something to brag about in town and on Facebook. Then they whine and complain when he brings home failing grades because "nobody told me he was failing". They need to look in the mirror and understand its their fault. The parents actions caused the issue. And instead of perpetuating the problem by blaming others and moving junior so he can continue to be big man in campus, they should take a good look at where they are and fix the problem. Junior has to learn that actions have consequences. If you don't do what you're supposed to do in the real world, (whether you want to or not) you end living in the beat up house at the end of the road, barely scraping by. Your best memory in life is when you scored 32 against Southern. There's more to life than that. Parents (especially Superstar parents) need to face that.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm with Blizzard man, why anyone cares that much what a kid does or doesn't do is beyond me. Unless of course that person is a relative or close friend of the family.

Maroon and gold ... Predicting the future is impossible and stereotyping is never accurtate either. Everyone is different, every situation is different. The kid could just as easily end up playing ball at a small college, obtaining a degree and earning six figures some day as he could working at a gas station.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

I don't think it's the kid, so much..I think it's the amount of chatter from his dad over the last few years that has perturbed some people. I'm in favor of letting it die and let's talk about sports.

negativenelly
Waterboy

Post by negativenelly »

Waterford lost a lot and gained a little, coach Huffman is still learning, program is still building as it started from scratch. Waterford overall is in good hands and headed in the right direction.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Maroon and gold wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:27 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 am

I'm not affected. You missed my point. Kids will be kids and I wish him nothing but the best. Sincerely. My point is that the typical Meigs superstar's parents think way too much about what happens on the field or court and totally lose focus on the true potential of their kid. I've seen it time and time again. I love sports and competition however parents who get ate up with thinking their kid is the second coming of the athletic savior are a huge problem. They allow junior to run the show as long as their points per game or yards per carry are something to brag about in town and on Facebook. Then they whine and complain when he brings home failing grades because "nobody told me he was failing". They need to look in the mirror and understand its their fault. The parents actions caused the issue. And instead of perpetuating the problem by blaming others and moving junior so he can continue to be big man in campus, they should take a good look at where they are and fix the problem. Junior has to learn that actions have consequences. If you don't do what you're supposed to do in the real world, (whether you want to or not) you end living in the beat up house at the end of the road, barely scraping by. Your best memory in life is when you scored 32 against Southern. There's more to life than that. Parents (especially Superstar parents) need to face that.
I didn't miss the point. But we have talked about it enough so I'll just say I get what you're saying and we will move on.

Michigan n Trumbull
Riding the Bench

Post by Michigan n Trumbull »

Southern was pretty good in their scrimmage with Alex. I think Eastern, Waterford and Southern are the three to beat.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Realist wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:49 am I don't think it's the kid, so much..I think it's the amount of chatter from his dad over the last few years that has perturbed some people. I'm in favor of letting it die and let's talk about sports.

Agree 100%

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Eastern scrimmages @ Meigs tonight.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Is he going to play baseball and if so can he play now or does he have to wait till game 14 before he plays

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

How long until someone questions his "new address". I am not creating more issues here, I mean this completely as the thread intended. I think Eastern has a great chance of winning the league and maybe doing something special in tournament play. But when you win games and gain some attention, that also comes with someone picking at their success. So wonder how many complaints to the OHSAA this will get.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 am I think Eastern has a great chance of winning the league and maybe doing something special in tournament play.
No Newark Catholic this year in D4 will help the cause. D4 Central is putrid this year in baseball.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 am How long until someone questions his "new address". I am not creating more issues here, I mean this completely as the thread intended. I think Eastern has a great chance of winning the league and maybe doing something special in tournament play. But when you win games and gain some attention, that also comes with someone picking at their success. So wonder how many complaints to the OHSAA this will get.
No way coach Bowen plays a kid, or even allows him on the team, if it's not 110% legit. People can complain all they want, if it's within the rules, it will fall on deaf ears.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 pm
Fonzie wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 am How long until someone questions his "new address". I am not creating more issues here, I mean this completely as the thread intended. I think Eastern has a great chance of winning the league and maybe doing something special in tournament play. But when you win games and gain some attention, that also comes with someone picking at their success. So wonder how many complaints to the OHSAA this will get.
No way coach Bowen plays a kid, or even allows him on the team, if it's not 110% legit. People can complain all they want, if it's within the rules, it will fall on deaf ears.
Honestly don't think anyone will care that much. He's 18 and could legit be living with anyone since he is his own guardian.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:27 pm
Honestly don't think anyone will care that much. He's 18 and could legit be living with anyone since he is his own guardian.
All rules have been followed, there is ways he could go and not miss a game, but not going to break the rules to make that happen, he moved into the district and will be sitting out the first half of the season and making sure his grades stay up and he gets his community service hours needed to graduate done and over with. And he will be getting baseball ready before he steps into a game. Eastern is excited to have him and welcomed him.

So now the talk about one player can cease and you can talk about Eastern baseball team.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:19 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:27 pm

All rules have been followed, there is ways he could go and not miss a game, but not going to break the rules to make that happen, he moved into the district and will be sitting out the first half of the season and making sure his grades stay up and he gets his community service hours needed to graduate done and over with. And he will be getting baseball ready before he steps into a game. Eastern is excited to have him and welcomed him.

So now the talk about one player can cease and you can talk about Eastern baseball team.
Closure. Good for everyone. Time to move on.

Return to “Baseball”