2018 Ironton Head football coach

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by TOUGH »

Word around Town is Pendelton has some Tiger legends interested in helping him if he were to get the job. These guys have Played and coached the game at the highest of levels. The chatter amongst many of the Ironton faithful want him as the next head coach. We may be playing Eye of the tiger in the streets of Ironton again soon.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I'm all in for Pendelton, change is badly needed. I believe he's just what the Fighting Tigers need for a fresh start for the program. If all I'm hearing is true, He SHOULD be the man for the job.

Go Fighting Tigers........

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I read this some in the beginning. and it has made it to 11 pages !! there still bunch of people out there that is l Ironton crazy......rather you get on here and complain, support, or whatever it may be.........a lot of people still interested in the tigers

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

fbnut wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:20 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:13 pm
donaldtrump wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:13 pm You hit the nail on the head 2thwzd!!!!!!! It's the talent that's not there . Kids not transferring there like in the past. Seems like the homers just can't see that.. Wheelersburg is the Ironton of old now. Heck there's no industry in Burg either! Small School like Ironton. Small population. Why are they doing so good in all sports? Has nothing to do with Coaching. Transfers and parents moving into the village because that's the team at this time to get their PUP exposure! Simple as that. Burg does this from the biddy leagues all the way through HS... Holdbacks, transfer's, and implants is how you build a dynasty like Ironton did for years, which Burg is doing now, with Schools the size of Burg and Ironton, All the Schools in this area fit into the category of small school, little industry, and lack of population...Why is it one School out of the entire area is flourishing in Championships and talent year after year, like Ironton did for years? Not Coaching.....TRANSFERS, IMPLANTS, AND HOLDBACKS...
mr. trump I'd like to ask a question , I assume you are a burg fan. I'm not trying to start or instigate anything. and there is nothing wrong with the question I'm ready to ask you, because there is open enrollment. and kids and parents do move their kids for various reasons. I did myself. so my question is. I think I saw it on a post here on seops somewhere. maybe facebook. and I have no idea if it is true or not. ===================== but a poster somewhere said that on the undefeated state championship team wheelersburg fielded this year had 30 players from outside the district. --------------------------- again the only dumb question is the only one you don't ask. I'm just curious to hear a truthful, honest answer from somebody that actually knows. I'm sure I'm not the only poster that saw this post. so I ask is it true. and again, if you have a program like burg's. academically and sports wise. in multiple sports, a solid coaching staff and obvious fundamentals being taught that burg does. the old adage applies ''IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME''. then ironton needs to start building it again. there is open enrollment, we need to get over it. you have players and parents in bordering districts it's bound to happen. I myself lived at kitts hill for 32 years. just a couple houses from the symmes valley district. and it was 16 miles from my house to rock hill one way. and only 8 miles to ironton high school, so I transferred mine in junior high. just curious as to a response to the question.
There competitive balance # this year was 30. Doesn’t necessarily mean that 30 kids live outside of the district. I believe if you moved in after 7th grade you would count as 2. I would guess the actual # is 15-20 kids outside of district and some of them have always attended the burg.
I believe that only 2 kids on this past years team came after Jr high. The rest have been in Wheelersburg’s program before pee wee with a majority attending Wheelersburg their entire academic careers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

donaldtrump wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:13 pm You hit the nail on the head 2thwzd!!!!!!! It's the talent that's not there . Kids not transferring there like in the past. Seems like the homers just can't see that.. Wheelersburg is the Ironton of old now. Heck there's no industry in Burg either! Small School like Ironton. Small population. Why are they doing so good in all sports? Has nothing to do with Coaching. Transfers and parents moving into the village because that's the team at this time to get their PUP exposure! Simple as that. Burg does this from the biddy leagues all the way through HS... Holdbacks, transfer's, and implants is how you build a dynasty like Ironton did for years, which Burg is doing now, with Schools the size of Burg and Ironton, All the Schools in this area fit into the category of small school, little industry, and lack of population...Why is it one School out of the entire area is flourishing in Championships and talent year after year, like Ironton did for years? Not Coaching.....TRANSFERS, IMPLANTS, AND HOLDBACKS...
mr. trump I'd like to ask a question , I assume you are a burg fan. I'm not trying to start or instigate anything. and there is nothing wrong with the question I'm ready to ask you, because there is open enrollment. and kids and parents do move their kids for various reasons. I did myself. so my question is. I think I saw it on a post here on seops somewhere. maybe facebook. and I have no idea if it is true or not. ===================== but a poster somewhere said that on the undefeated state championship team wheelersburg fielded this year had 30 players from outside the district. --------------------------- again the only dumb question is the only one you don't ask. I'm just curious to hear a truthful, honest answer from somebody that actually knows. I'm sure I'm not the only poster that saw this post. so I ask is it true. and again, if you have a program like burg's. academically and sports wise. in multiple sports, a solid coaching staff and obvious fundamentals being taught that burg does. the old adage applies ''IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME''. then ironton needs to start building it again. there is open enrollment, we need to get over it. you have players and parents in bordering districts it's bound to happen. I myself lived at kitts hill for 32 years. just a couple houses from the symmes valley district. and it was 16 miles from my house to rock hill one way. and only 8 miles to ironton high school, so I transferred mine in junior high. just curious as to a response to the question.
There competitive balance # this year was 30. Doesn’t necessarily mean that 30 kids live outside of the district. I believe if you moved in after 7th grade you would count as 2. I would guess the actual # is 15-20 kids outside of district and some of them have always attended the burg.
thanks nut. I have no idea how the competitive balance thingie works. but does anybody have a figure of outside players that came in.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:48 am I read this some in the beginning. and it has made it to 11 pages !! there still bunch of people out there that is l Ironton crazy......rather you get on here and complain, support, or whatever it may be.........a lot of people still interested in the tigers
absolutely the community is hungry for a winner.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I think the Pendleton interview should send a loud message to the old staff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

bleed_blue wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 am

I believe that only 2 kids on this past years team came after Jr high. The rest have been in Wheelersburg’s program before pee wee with a majority attending Wheelersburg their entire academic careers.
WOW, IF TRUE THEN THAT IS AMAZING. AND A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW, THE BURG IS DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT ALL SPORTS IT SEEMS.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

coach knows wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 am I think the Pendleton interview should send a loud message to the old staff.
Did he interview for the job? Who else got interviews?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I tell you what there's a former Tiger player who is now an assistant in Kentucky who applied and didnt even get a call back which is crazy considering he just coached in a state game as well helping to take his team to the state semis the past few years. He runs his teams weightroom and he calls all the plays for both JV and Freshman. Yet he didnt get a call back, yet guys with not even half that experience did. That doesnt seem right does it.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Where are they at in the process?

If they had a bunch of applicants they may not be done with all the phone interviews.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

While I admire the compassion many of you Ironton fans possess, the unrealistic expectations and false sense of reality is a bit overwhelming.

Can Ironton ever return to a very solid, respected SE Ohio football program? Absolutely!

Can they return to the dominant, best in SE Ohio football program they once had? Highly, highly unlikely.

I watched Ironton football twice last year and coaching decisions aside, the talent was just not there. Period. I don't care if Nick Saban took over the program, he might have mustered out a couple more wins TOPS because talent wise they just weren't impressive. While DonaldTrump posts some hilarious stuff at times, he is right that kids aren't moving into Ironton anymore and honestly - why would they? If a kid/family is looking to move to play football, then Wheelersburg is absolutely the school to go to.

There's some deep, deep political issues at Ironton that need fixed before any program wishes to perform at a high level again. Heck, just look at the whole LaFon/AD situation that occured this summer. Look at how much bashing has occured with the current coaching staff in this thread alone. They need someone with real stones to come in and not put up with the parental nonsense anymore but I'm not sure they're going to have the necessary town backing to do so.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:37 am While I admire the compassion many of you Ironton fans possess, the unrealistic expectations and false sense of reality is a bit overwhelming.

Can Ironton ever return to a very solid, respected SE Ohio football program? Absolutely!

Can they return to the dominant, best in SE Ohio football program they once had? Highly, highly unlikely.

I watched Ironton football twice last year and coaching decisions aside, the talent was just not there. Period. I don't care if Nick Saban took over the program, he might have mustered out a couple more wins TOPS because talent wise they just weren't impressive. While DonaldTrump posts some hilarious stuff at times, he is right that kids aren't moving into Ironton anymore and honestly - why would they? If a kid/family is looking to move to play football, then Wheelersburg is absolutely the school to go to.

There's some deep, deep political issues at Ironton that need fixed before any program wishes to perform at a high level again. Heck, just look at the whole LaFon/AD situation that occured this summer. Look at how much bashing has occured with the current coaching staff in this thread alone. They need someone with real stones to come in and not put up with the parental nonsense anymore but I'm not sure they're going to have the necessary town backing to do so.
We have a lot of the same issues here at Logan! Maybe leaning to more program coaching but in general the same problems. In Logan we are no longer an Industrial town, we are a bedroom and tourist community! Ironton should feel lucky to have at least a league to play in with an completive team most years! I Vote Keep Coach Vass! :mrgreen:

Ricky Bobby
Waterboy

Post by Ricky Bobby »

Any names floating around of coaches from out of state that applied or are candidates for the job, particularly WV coaches ?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:37 am While I admire the compassion many of you Ironton fans possess, the unrealistic expectations and false sense of reality is a bit overwhelming.

if Nick Saban would become the fighting tigers head coach the talent would follow :D :D :D :D :D :D

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Ricky Bobby wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:57 am Any names floating around of coaches from out of state that applied or are candidates for the job, particularly WV coaches ?
Luke Sammons from Cabell Midland interviewed yesterday. Four coaches were interviewed yesterday, Grizzle, Pendleton, Ray, and Sammons.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Buramgerdin wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:32 am
Ricky Bobby wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:57 am Any names floating around of coaches from out of state that applied or are candidates for the job, particularly WV coaches ?
Luke Sammons from Cabell Midland interviewed yesterday. Four coaches were interviewed yesterday, Grizzle, Pendleton, Ray, and Sammons.
I say FALSE to this statement!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Who are Grizzle, and Ray ?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Buramgerdin wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:32 am
You are correct.....

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Pretty good list of applicants. Who does everyone think is the favorite?

Return to “Football”