2018 McClain Tiger Football Outlook

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Re: Greenfield McClain Opening?

Post by goblue1395 »

Anyone have the latest on this situation?

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree »

I did hear that Preston withdrew his name after the 2nd interview.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 »

Anybody know who got the job?

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

I know this is a football forum but McClain’s BOE tonight decided to not renew their basketball coach’s contract. This school is struggling in more ways than one to have a winning atmosphere amongst football and basketball. Whoever gets the gig will struggle to create a winning culture in their league and in their region in terms of postseason. I don’t know if coaches in both sports are struggling to motivate to kids or if there’s just not much talent in the school but good luck to whoever gets this gig.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

New football and new basketball coach for next year. So much for stability. Cant have a circus if you don't have the animals. McClain does not have the animals. Its time to find a new league where they can have some success, rebuild their programs and win a few games. Its time to make the
move.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

domain master wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am New football and new basketball coach for next year. So much for stability. Cant have a circus if you don't have the animals. McClain does not have the animals. Its time to find a new league where they can have some success, rebuild their programs and win a few games. Its time to make the
move.
One year in the FAC and you want them to cut and run?
They won't get many if any invites with that kind of track record.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:37 am
domain master wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am New football and new basketball coach for next year. So much for stability. Cant have a circus if you don't have the animals. McClain does not have the animals. Its time to find a new league where they can have some success, rebuild their programs and win a few games. Its time to make the
move.
One year in the FAC and you want them to cut and run?
They won't get many if any invites with that kind of track record.
I agree, it won’t look good moving leagues again. McClain doesn’t have many options either. I think the SBAAC wouldn’t be an ideal move for them because I think they might be too big enrollment wise so they’d have to play massie, Wilmington-schools they wanted to avoid (hints the move to the FAC) as well as New Richmond, Goshen and I think Batavia. The SVC might be closer, I know McClain is awfully close to Adena, but even then idk how well they compete. They are just in a bad spot period and if they were to move, they lose their annual rivalry with Hillsboro being the last game of the year which I think is the only game the kids look forward to.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Its not cut and run. That is when one of the big schools in a league leave because they cant hang banners, to a small league when they can win (Athens). When a team leaves a league because they are far and away the smallest and cant compete with leagues teams for titles, its called reality. And as far as it "looks", who really cares. I think it would be more important to make a decision based upon your student athletes than how it looks. Their old league (SBAAC would take them back anytime. They have a big school small school divisions. Massie and Wilmington are in the big, where McClain would be in the small with East Clinton (ten miles from Sabina to Greenfield), Blanchester, Williamsburg, Bethel-Tate, CNE. With Hillsboro being in a six team league, there would be plenty of chances for McClain Hillsboro game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

domain master wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:14 pm Its not cut and run. That is when one of the big schools in a league leave because they cant hang banners, to a small league when they can win (Athens). When a team leaves a league because they are far and away the smallest and cant compete with leagues teams for titles, its called reality. And as far as it "looks", who really cares. I think it would be more important to make a decision based upon your student athletes than how it looks. Their old league (SBAAC would take them back anytime. They have a big school small school divisions. Massie and Wilmington are in the big, where McClain would be in the small with East Clinton (ten miles from Sabina to Greenfield), Blanchester, Williamsburg, Bethel-Tate, CNE. With Hillsboro being in a six team league, there would be plenty of chances for McClain Hillsboro game.
Greenfield left one league because they couldn't compete. Then after 1, that's right 1 season you want them to cut and run from a brand new league lol
It's gonna take a lot more than a new league to turn that program around.
They need to start from the inside and rebuild the program.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

McClain has built a winning culture in Track and Wresting competing for league titles in both. Wrestling being just recently the Coach has built up numbers and filled an entire line up. This year they were 2nd to Miami Trace who usually wins the wrestling title. Track has always been successful. You have to have the right fit for a program.

If McClain leaves for the SBAAC what natural rivalries and how would that possibly help them compete ? Those schools are usually very good in Basketball and also solid in football. The Mcclain community has to be realistic its probably a 5-6 rebuild for the program to be successful.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

I agree with wrestling, good solid program. Track not so much. Have watched them quite a bit over the last few years. They cant beat Chilly, WCH or Hillsboro this year and I haven't seen Jackson or MT yet, but would think both would be solid. But as you know, wrestling does not pay the bills (football and basketball). Natural rivalries would be East Clinton, who is in their back yard (10 miles to Sabina) Blanchester, CM, Wilmington are all in Clinton County (McClain is 8 miles to Clinton Co. line), Fayetteville, CNE are all easy drives. Proximity and rivals would not be a problem, as they have been leagues mates with most all of these many years before as former members of the SBAAC and SCOL. With Hillsboro, MT, WCH being in a league with only 6 teams, plenty of opportunities to maintain those rivals also. Hard to schedule 5 non league games anyway. SBAAC is average at best in football as new member CM is the only beast, and is in the big school division. I would say basketball is also average as there are no real powerhouse teams. Wilmington had their run with Cumberland cousins but are nothing like that now or before. I also agree they are 5-6 years out. But it would be hard to turn around when most years you are going 0-5 in league, against good programs. If you could find 5 non league games to win (unlikely) 5-5 would be a good year, how much fun would that be. Easier to rebuild playing teams of your size and skill level where you can compete for league titles, which the SBAAC is. Hope they get a new coach who can win some games.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Has Greenfield hired anyone yet?

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree »

I heard a guy from Bath High School. Looks like Or-Zoddy was screwed again. Good luck to the guy coming in. I still wish Preston would have taken it when he had the chance but he said it wasn't a good fit. Maybe new blood can turn it around.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Can anyone confirm this?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orr-Zody was the guy this will end badly.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

GetNuggets
Waterboy

Post by GetNuggets »

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2018 McClain Tiger Football Outlook

Post by EasternDspy »

So can they hire Orr-Zody now?

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 pm So can they hire Orr-Zody now?
I have heard there is much more to this story, but yes, expect Orr-Zody to be officially announced.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

joeboggs1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:17 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 pm So can they hire Orr-Zody now?
I have heard there is much more to this story, but yes, expect Orr-Zody to be officially announced.
He deserves it.

Return to “Football”