2018 Ironton Head football coach

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Getting Older »

There are many coaches past and present in football and basketbal that teach a full schedule and coach and then go home to their kids and wife..teaching has nothing to do with the equation of coaching any sport..The only ones that complain about it are the lazy ones. I think it keeps coaches and kids on the same page

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Whether people want vass or not, he’s getting a raw deal here. The man is a teacher and has a family. A decision needs to be made.

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:38 pm Whether people want vass or not, he’s getting a raw deal here. The man is a teacher and has a family. A decision needs to be made.
Your are correct but the kids and community deserves a change. Coach Vass had 5 years to get it right and he didn’t, so don’t act like he wasn’t given a chance because he was given a fair chance. Also, don’t blame his assistants either because he picked them and the only reason he is willing to part ways with some of them is to save himself. You make it out like he is losing his teaching job too which isn’t the case. He should have taken his coaching job serious!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Kids come First wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:06 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:38 pm Whether people want vass or not, he’s getting a raw deal here. The man is a teacher and has a family. A decision needs to be made.
Your are correct but the kids and community deserves a change. Coach Vass had 5 years to get it right and he didn’t, so don’t act like he wasn’t given a chance because he was given a fair chance. Also, don’t blame his assistants either because he picked them and the only reason he is willing to part ways with some of them is to save himself. You make it out like he is losing his teaching job too which isn’t the case. He should have taken his coaching job serious!
That’s quite a tangent Kids come First. Wobycat didn’t say any of those things. It sounded like he meant since Vass is a current teacher at Ironton that this process should have been finished by now. Whether it be reoffered to him or if someone else is hired. Taking this long is not fair to him, his family, or the community.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Personally, I think Mark will get to keep his coaching job. If they were not going to give it back to him they would have said so by now. If not it's not right making others wait when they could be trying for other jobs..I do agree. Mark needs to step up put a better staff together and become a harder more diligent worker for his program Good sddistsnts are hard to find. A lot of guys think they know how to Coach and what it takes but you sometimes find out that you don't know as much as you think when you get into it.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

If they do give the job back to Vass. Can you imagine what the fan base is going to say and do. He’s in a no win sitauation. I can’t see why someone would want to continue to coach when they non renewed his contract and interviewed others. The People he’s working for is basically saying we don’t want you. If Ironton gets this process wrong this time we very well could see Ironton fall into being just an average OVC team which even 6 years ago seemed not possible. The school Board needs to hire someone from the outside if they want any shot at reviving the program. Once a coach loses fan base he’s dying a slow death.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if a coaching change happens why should it affect his teaching job. everybody has a family. the fact that he is or isn't teaching should not affect that. ----------------------------- unless they are hiring, if it happens a coach that teaches, and vass's job was the only opening they would have to add him by replacing vass's teaching job.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Heard we lost another player today , it’s getting ugly

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would thank Vass for that!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it sounds like a complete breakdown right now. especially with the players leaving, if in fact it's true. but I'm told that 4 have left. again , if in fact that's true.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

4th and iches wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:27 am Heard we lost another player today , it’s getting ugly

Your sources telling you it’s Pendleton getting the job. How reliable are your sources? What makes you think these kids are going to leave if they do hire him. They haven’t even had a chance to speak with him or hear his vision. I also don’t think it’s fair to tie his name to these players leaving. He has nothing to do with the state of the Ironton program who lost games to teams in its own county who Ironton once not so long ago looked down on.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree not coach that applied for this position should be held accountable for kids leaving. Other than the past head coach.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

4th and iches wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:27 am Heard we lost another player today , it’s getting ugly
If kids are leaving why is it that the Principle or the AD is not calling a meeting to tell the kids what is going on. The heck with football Ironton is losing kids and money.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 am

Your sources telling you it’s Pendleton getting the job. How reliable are your sources? What makes you think these kids are going to leave if they do hire him. They haven’t even had a chance to speak with him or hear his vision. I also don’t think it’s fair to tie his name to these players leaving. He has nothing to do with the state of the Ironton program who lost games to teams in its own county who Ironton once not so long ago looked down on.
Someone who roots for CG first and then OVC schools second my random views of these posts are troubling. Whether Vass is retained or not is not the likely reason any kid has left or will leave. Just re-read all of this negativity and you will get your answer why. HS Football like other sports are about life lessons and memories that last a lifetime. Yes I said MEMORIES as most kids will not move on to college where it then becomes much more difficult.
After reading all this again would you want to play at Ironton where negativity and unreal expectations are the new norm?
I for one am not an advocate for transferring unless you are looking for a chance to play and build memories.
I remember how many fine athletes left CG a few years back during our coaching squabbles and I hated that. This CG senior class had nothing but uncertainty during their career along with 3 coaches but those who stayed kept working hard and had great memories this past year and unparalleled success.
I am sure those that stay at Ironton will have a lot of mixed emotions or good and bad memories but if you are TRULY for what's best for the kids then encourage the ones who stays to be the best versions of themselves and also do the same for the ones who choose to leave for new memories. If they do leave they are likely leaving because of the Negativity Family of Ironton and it is hard not to blame them.
Good Luck to whoever is the coach and especially to the athletes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's a wonderful post CG.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

The two players that left today, one went to the burg, his family doesn't like Vass,
the other one went too Raceland Ky.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Sounds like Vass got the job back if those statements are true. Also sounds like he’s the reason the kids are leaving.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

In my personal opinion, I think Ironton was waiting for Kaskey to put his hat in for the job. He hasn’t and now Ironton will not give anyone else the time of day because we all know it’s just a matter of time before Kaskey leaves Burg for a HC job. Mark my words.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Smart move on Ironton contacting Kaskey, if that is true.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

2quick2catch wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:18 pm Smart move on Ironton contacting Kaskey, if that is true.
Not saying they contacted him. Just saying they had hopes of him coming. High profile program would be intriguing for Kaskey. Separate conference from Burg and still able to potentially play twice a year until Burg moves up to DIV. Which bring another thought to my mind. With Burg more than likely moving up to DIV in 2019, does that make the Ironton job MORE appealing for Kaskey? No potential play off games against Burg. Only the week 1 match up. I think I’m on to something here.

Return to “Football”