• Schedules & Results
  • POY Predictions
  • Standings
2018/19 Caldwell Redskins viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69799
2018/19 Fort Frye Cadets viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69804
2018/19 Frontier Cougars viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69808
2018/19 Monroe Central Seminoles viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69806
2018/19 Shenandoah Zeps viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69807

The PVC should be much better next year, at least the top three teams.
Fort loses Bradford, Schott, Schilling. They return Engle, Greenleaf, Schilling, Nelson, and the two freshmen guards who are really nice players. They're going to be better, very skilled but have no size.

Shenandoah loses leading scorer Miller and their best defender Wikander. They return Jones, Wickham, and Sherman along with Brown, Farmer, and Chicwak. They played four or five juniors on their reserve team and had a nice freshman guard who sat the varsity bench last year and a couple of tall, lanky freshmen posts who looked promising. They have a lot of size and athleticism, aren't real skilled but they utilize their strengths well.

Caldwell loses the hupp kid who could shoot it and the Gregg kid who played out of what I can only assume was necessity. They return starters Heller, Jennings, Liston, Saling, and 6th man Ditch. Their best player will be a freshmen Jett Lori. Their jv team was all freshmen last year and I could see a few of them helping out. Cool, King and the Devol kid. They have skill, size and experience.

Frontier lost their two big kids, probably going to be another tough year for Roger's bunch.

Monroe lost everything but that tall, skinny post. Never thought I'd see them go through such a dry spell when it came to athletes. They're probably going to be pretty weak.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Re: PVC 2018-2019

Post by allOhiotraveler »

This league has unfortunately met its demise, as it has with lack of talent. Once a really quite strong league has really fell on hard times and it just doesn't look like it will ever change. The scouting report is usually quite constant.

Fort Frye: winners by default, smaller team, good shooting, fine ball handling, defense and boxing out is what they do.
Shenandoah: Athletes. Always have big athletes, always underachieves and wishes they were still playing football. Will be fine, not great
Frontier: Always falling on hard times since 2011. Even if they have talent, they are a sub 500 team
Monroe: Athletes are gone, without Scooter, another average team in that area (and average in that area is bad most everywhere else)

Caldwell: a little different because they honestly fluctuate. Coach Crane builds with what he has, might not be good but then they pull in a program changing player for a few years. Weichman elevated his teammates to work and play harder. Door is open for you Mr. Lori. I think you have POY in the PVC here for 3 years. Last two years because he's that good. Next year because there is no one else.

Really it is sad where this came from. I remember insanely tough games night in and night out, just recently!

FF: Eddy, Lagraens, Smith, Lang
Shenandoah: Farnsworth, Hurst, Neuhart
Frontier: Fickheisen, Camino, Matheney, Schiender
Monroe: Highman, Wise, Baker, Brown, Jorrises, Laffere
Caldwell: Weichman, Harding, Baker, Figel, Svercek even
Trail: Patterson, Roe, Beaver, Starres, Toland
River: Ramsier, Wax, Price, Indermuhle, Carietti, Isaly

I think most nights you couldn't guarantee a win no matter who was playing..

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will host Meadowbrook, Cambridge , Hiland and John Marshall in 2018-19

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Meadowbrook, Hiland losses. Cambridge maybe a win ? J. Marshall probably a win.

raineyday
Waterboy

Post by raineyday »

Will Fort Frye beat Hiland this year ?

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Not happening

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

So how is the league looking? I can’t wait to watch Kelton Fogle and Nic Hart for Fort Frye.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Top 3 will be good and could finish in any order; Fort, Caldwell and Shenandoah. Bottom two will be pretty terrible.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

FF just knows how to win close games. They’ll eventually win this league. Rumor Engle might not play. Team needs him.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:58 pm So how is the league looking? I can’t wait to watch Kelton Fogle and Nic Hart for Fort Frye.
Nic Hart should have a nice season for the Cadets. The sophomore sharpshooter has the moxie to be a great HS player. As his AAU coach of course I’m biased but having seen him preform at a high level against many of the top players in the state, I’m confident he will have a more than solid season. A wiry kid with unexpected hops and shoring range he is a rare combination of a great shooter who can get to the rim and finish.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

WarriorBlue wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:07 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:58 pm So how is the league looking? I can’t wait to watch Kelton Fogle and Nic Hart for Fort Frye.
Nic Hart should have a nice season for the Cadets. The sophomore sharpshooter has the moxie to be a great HS player. As his AAU coach of course I’m biased but having seen him preform at a high level against many of the top players in the state, I’m confident he will have a more than solid season. A wiry kid with unexpected hops and shoring range he is a rare combination of a great shooter who can get to the rim and finish.

I’m super excited to watch him and Kelton develop.

Fort starters

Kelton Fogle So
Zane Greenleaf Jr
Nik Hart So
Luke Nelson Sr
Brady Schilling Jr

They’ll be smaller but one of the better shooting Fort teams. The schedule is a gauntlet but should be fun.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Is Tate in the picture at all?
Just hope he makes it thru football without a season ending injury. Noticed he didn't play defense against the Zep's, and took some hard shots on offense.
Hope he don't lose the spring baseball, and Legion ball to an injury.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

rickoshay wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:03 pm Is Tate in the picture at all?
Just hope he makes it thru football without a season ending injury. Noticed he didn't play defense against the Zep's, and took some hard shots on offense.
Just think he wants to work on his baseball.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:47 pm
rickoshay wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:03 pm Is Tate in the picture at all?
Just think he wants to work on his baseball.
Why would a kid play until his senior year and then hang them up? Is he that good at baseball? I watched him last year at Caldwell, he is an average basketball player, those two young guards seemed to have more natural ability but that's based on watching them one time.
I think each of the top three are going to be pretty good but all have some major flaws. Shenandoah will be limited on offense, Caldwell probably won't be really athletic or good defensively and Fort Frye won't have any size.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Re: 2018/19 PVC

Post by allOhiotraveler »

I heard Frontier submitted their notice of leaving the PVC. Any truth to that?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2018/19 PVC

Post by EasternDspy »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:38 pm I heard Frontier submitted their notice of leaving the PVC. Any truth to that?
Yep. This will probably be last year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”