2018 Ironton Head football coach

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by BigCarlito72 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:20 pm I would say Mark Vass will continue to be the coach, when this is said and done. :lol:
Lol. They could hire Jim Tressel and it isnt gonna matter. The town of Ironton failed to grow and thusly cannot sustain success in high school football, economics, etc etc.

Dont worry though. If you read the news even poorly Ironton as a community has the toughest contest of their life ahead.

Welcome to poverty and the opiate epidemic.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Urban wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:33 pm Just reading some of these posts.

Pendleton played for a good program at Michigan State. Didn't Vass play for the great Bob Lutz? Where did that get you?

Where has Pendleton said he would bring in all these former Ironton people like Triplett? Because when you get Triplett you get the guys that follow him from job to job like the remoras do to sharks.

Ironton isn't a destination job for Pendleton. He will either move on to college soon or take the Portsmouth West job when it opens.

Honestly any coach with aspersions on a career would be stupid to take this job
Agreed 100% I have concluded that Irontonians permit their emotions to drive the bus whilst their critical thinking skills hit the eject button ages ago.

BTWN_THE_LINE
Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:36 pm Agreed 100% I have concluded that Irontonians permit their emotions to drive the bus whilst their critical thinking skills hit the eject button ages ago.
Pendleton would probably do a good job if given time and left alone, but it's obvious that isn't gonna happen. Guy isn't even been considered yet and all the cronies of Ironton are volunteering assistants. Vass could've done a decent job if these same people didn't stab him in the back and turn the community against him from the beginning

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Urban wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:48 pm
BigCarlito72 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:36 pm Agreed 100% I have concluded that Irontonians permit their emotions to drive the bus whilst their critical thinking skills hit the eject button ages ago.
Pendleton would probably do a good job if given time and left alone, but it's obvious that isn't gonna happen. Guy isn't even been considered yet and all the cronies of Ironton are volunteering assistants. Vass could've done a decent job if these same people didn't stab him in the back and turn the community against him from the beginning
It is what it is. Fact of the matter is this. The Vass/Burcham/Lutz monarchy in Ironton is only interested in Ironton as long as they are in positions that feed their social status needs. Once challenged or brought down from a perceived hierarchy you start seeing posts on social media about starting their own Lutz/Burcham regime at Rock Hill. 😂😂😂😂

Regardless what happens Ironton is dying folks. Its dying. Be thankful you will not be forced to watch more of the Lutz/Burcham 1970's playbook struggle to keep up with coaches who coach in the here and now.

BTWN_THE_LINE
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:18 pm
2quick2catch wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:53 pm
Truthful wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:46 pm

pendleton would be here for only a minute before going to west when that job opens up!
I disagree, I think Pendleton views Ironton as a destination job.
Why would ANYONE view a school with an enrollment that has decreased by 100 students over a 5 year span - in a town that is on an average 2% population decline and trending down with a bullet as a "destination" job?

Ironton is a dead end job. Face it. Sociology is not your amigo tigers.
For as many relevant and substantial points you make about the community of Ironton’s fall and decline into its current state, I feel obliged to point out that you keep referring to “sociology” when it isn’t the correct term to use (at all.) I believe you mean socioeconomics, or even social inequality.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Not to mention that socioeconomic levels do not correlate directly to wins in high school football, ie Coal Grove and Raceland. I guess those two towns are booming economically and the population is growing? You really sound ignorant BigCarlito. Sorry but your points are moot. The reason Ironton football has declined is obvious. Ironton's population was also declining from the 70s into the 80s and into the 90s yet they won football games. The economy of Ironton was eroding from decade to decade yet Lutz won football games.

Ironton is now a circus because it has clowns running the show, from the football coaches to the AD. They have burnt Ironton football to the ground.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:22 pm Amateur hour in Ironton. You don't offer the job unless you know the candidate will for sure accept...especially not to a guy who has pulled this stunt before!! Doesn't matter who they hire now....fans and kids will be discounting the hire as their Plan B and not buying in from the start.*
Coach Lutz was plan B and look what happened.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Urban wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:48 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this is just so sad to see happening, it breaks my heart for the town, the kids, the fans, the school itself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

90 percent of the posters on here could care less about Ironton football period.

Every school in this area that made changes ran into all kinds of issues here is the list below:

- Rock Hill - took 3 years hired the same coach back twice
- Coal Grove - brought back the same coach hire a new coach he left and hired a new young coach
- Portsmouth - 5 years 3 different coaches
- South Point - I lost count of how many new coaches they have had a new one this year.
- Gallipolis - 3 different coaches in 5 years

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Waterboy #rollcoal
You are pretty fired up over this Ironton BOE.
Why would someone from Coal Grove be this hard on a BOE from Ironton?
I'm guessing multiple user names.
I'm sure you have never been to a BOE meeting,then again why would you #roll coal

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is as Urban refers to as a CLOWN SHOW! :mrgreen:

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Buramgerdin wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:03 am Not to mention that socioeconomic levels do not correlate directly to wins in high school football, ie Coal Grove and Raceland. I guess those two towns are booming economically and the population is growing? You really sound ignorant BigCarlito. Sorry but your points are moot. The reason Ironton football has declined is obvious. Ironton's population was also declining from the 70s into the 80s and into the 90s yet they won football games. The economy of Ironton was eroding from decade to decade yet Lutz won football games.

Ironton is now a circus because it has clowns running the show, from the football coaches to the AD. They have burnt Ironton football to the ground.
Leave Raceland out of the mix. They have kids playing there that don't even live in the same State. There are kids playing there from Ironton,South Point,Rock Hill to name a few. Also let's not forget the former Volleyball coach,who was recruiting girls and got caught up in a mess and resigned. Every team will have up years. Again I say why would someone from the "Burg" give 2 sh!ts what goes on at Ironton. Asking for a friend lol

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:10 am 90 percent of the posters on here could care less about Ironton football period.

Every school in this area that made changes ran into all kinds of issues here is the list below:

- Coal Grove - brought back the same coach hire a new coach he left and hired a new young coach
- South Point - I lost count of how many new coaches they have had a new one this year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

12gauge wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:49 am
Buramgerdin wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:03 am Not to mention that socioeconomic levels do not correlate directly to wins in high school football, ie Coal Grove and Raceland. I guess those two towns are booming economically and the population is growing? You really sound ignorant BigCarlito. Sorry but your points are moot. The reason Ironton football has declined is obvious. Ironton's population was also declining from the 70s into the 80s and into the 90s yet they won football games. The economy of Ironton was eroding from decade to decade yet Lutz won football games.

Leave Raceland out of the mix. They have kids playing there that don't even live in the same State. There are kids playing there from Ironton,South Point,Rock Hill to name a few. Also let's not forget the former Volleyball coach,who was recruiting girls and got caught up in a mess and resigned. Every team will have up years. Again I say why would someone from the "Burg" give 2 sh!ts what goes on at Ironton. Asking for a friend lol
I’ll tell you why people from Burg CARE. It’s rather obvious. Competition, it’s what makes good teams great. A strong schedule, the PREMIER game for Southern Ohio. This goes far beyond hatred and rivalry. We want Ironton BACK. We want a slug fest week 1.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Let me just say that the Ironton folk saying "We don't want Pendleton!" "We don't need anyone with zero head coaching experience" "Just because he played high level football doesn't mean he can coach!" YOU people saying that are exactly the problem at Ironton. Get over the glory days, they're over. Times have changed, looks like you haven't adjusted yet.

This is a high level D1 player, who played several years under a VERY intelligent college coach, who has already built a rep in the area as a tremendously hard worker and who has terrific workout regiments he's putting athletes through.... that applied for a job that let's face it, isn't 25% the job it was 10 years ago (it isn't, and don't act like it is).

What you NEED is a young, motivated, hard working guy who's willing to dedicate all his time to a struggling program to get it back in the right direction. Pendleton would do that. Sure, he'd make some mistakes along the way. ALL coaches do. The difference is these days all the buffoons who use social media to degrade and bash a coach each step of the way. Ironton is YEARS AWAY from being relevant, and that's assuming they get a good hire to get the program heading towards better times. Hire Pendleton, let him learn, let him grow, let him try and get this program back in the right direction.

This is not a tough situation but the AD/Principal/whoever in charge has made it ridiculously complex and has failed miserably along the way.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am Let me just say that the Ironton folk saying "We don't want Pendleton!" "We don't need anyone with zero head coaching experience" "Just because he played high level football doesn't mean he can coach!" YOU people saying that are exactly the problem at Ironton. Get over the glory days, they're over. Times have changed, looks like you haven't adjusted yet.

This is a high level D1 player, who played several years under a VERY intelligent college coach, who has already built a rep in the area as a tremendously hard worker and who has terrific workout regiments he's putting athletes through.... that applied for a job that let's face it, isn't 25% the job it was 10 years ago (it isn't, and don't act like it is).

What you NEED is a young, motivated, hard working guy who's willing to dedicate all his time to a struggling program to get it back in the right direction. Pendleton would do that. Sure, he'd make some mistakes along the way. ALL coaches do. The difference is these days all the buffoons who use social media to degrade and bash a coach each step of the way. Ironton is YEARS AWAY from being relevant, and that's assuming they get a good hire to get the program heading towards better times. Hire Pendleton, let him learn, let him grow, let him try and get this program back in the right direction.

This is not a tough situation but the AD/Principal/whoever in charge has made it ridiculously complex and has failed miserably along the way.
Well said

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:09 am
osu 77 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:10 am 90 percent of the posters on here could care less about Ironton football period.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if anybody is following this on my facebook page as well. I have a comment from a friend I've known all my life that says he is personal friends with luke salmons from cabell midland. this just keeps getting more bazaar as we speak. he says salmons has been offered other jobs paying 100,00k. he says the guy is a wonderful Christian man that has prayer, bible study type time with the teams during practice, pre/post game whatever. ----------------------------------- from what I'm told in pm's here and facebook. at the boe meeting the guy was offered the job by a 4-0 vote, with 1 absent. they made the phone call to him. he was offered the job. and from what I'm told, if correct. he asked for a couple of days to talk with family. then get back with them. then ironton announced he had taken the job, and he turned them down. ------------------- and apparently done very nearly the same thing to perry county in ky. and I'm hearing one other place, but don't have a name of the district. --------------------------- okay, here is my question. why would a coach leave cabell midland. west va's largest school district. to come to ironton, which is very nearly a d6 school now in ohio. a state with 7 divisions, with 1 being the largest. a team that is in complete turmoil and disarray. with students leaving right and left, and previous players saying they are not coming back. what is the allure of coming to ironton, if you are interviewing elsewhere, getting supposedly multiple offers of jobs making 100k and not going there. ---------------------------- this sounds very absurd and quite frankly mindbending to me. and how did we not see this coming , if it was already going on. did salmons have any serious interest in coaching here at all, or what was the logic behind this from the beginning. this all makes no sence to me the more I hear. the guy that stated this on my page on facebook, I've known all my life. I have no reason to not believe him. but this all just sounds so wishy washy to me the more I read. what are or were salmons intentions all along. why did we buy into it from the beginning. was the guy ever sincere in his efforts to become ironton's coach or not. I just don't get any of this at all. you should check out the tpic on my facebook page as well. tom Osborne, 57 waverly, ohio. if you're not a friend , send me a request. and try to make sense of this between here and facebook. I'm just really scratchin my head over this. -------------- obviously I want nothing but the best decision made for the future of ironton football. but again, in the immortal words of Vincent Lombardi, ''WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am
12gauge wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:49 am

I’ll tell you why people from Burg CARE. It’s rather obvious. Competition, it’s what makes good teams great. A strong schedule, the PREMIER game for Southern Ohio. This goes far beyond hatred and rivalry. We want Ironton BACK. We want a slug fest week 1.

No one is a premier game for the Burg in Southern Ohio,you all have made that brag

Return to “Football”