2018 Ironton Head football coach

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by BigLeagueChew »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 pm
BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:32 pm
TOUGH wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:32 pm

If true, I think the situation will work out in Irontons best interest. I honestly think the young man is going to be something special and the Ironton faithful will be very happy. It may not happen overnight but given the time Ironton will be back. I heard from a very reliable source the only reason he even got an interview is because Mark Dantonio and Mark Snyder personally called and gave recommendations on behalf of Pendleton. I don’t think these guys would stick there necks and reputations on the line for just anyone. I also think it’s intriguing that a guy like Coach Triplett that knows what the job intels and knows the expectations and still stands by Pendleton and has publicly said Ironton BOE is crazy if they don’t give him a shot. I don’t see a guy that’s retired and still respected by many of Ironton faithful put his name and reputation on the line. I think there belief in someone who has never been a HC is very telling.
Yup. D'antoni and Snyder called to recommend on a high school job in nowhere, u.s.a. 😂😂😂😂😂
Mark Snyder is best friends with Mike Burcham. I highly doubt he called and gave any recommendations for anyone being that Red Burcham (Mike Burcham’s son) and Coach Vass (Mike Burcham’s nephew) are family! And I’m surprised anyone would take this coaching job on. Especially after being the 4th one offered the job!! I guess 4th time is a charm now. Heavens what a mess created by the BOE!! Good Luck too the new coach (if he has actually accepted the job) He will need it with this bunch!

Pendleton would just roll up his sleeves, look in the mirror and say "I'll show you 4th choice" and stick his nose right to the grindstone and get it done! Just like he did when the naysayers said he wasn't a D1 football talent. Hire Trevon Pendleton!

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

4th and iches wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:05 pm Just looked up some stuff ..

Fairview district is raceland , Paintsville and them they were 02 in district play and lost in the first round of the playoffs which everyone in my makes

This is what I think is crazy
Paintsville had in the 40’s kids playing football
Raceland high 60’s
Fairview high 20’s

This year Paintsville looks to be the same
Raceland same
Fairview 13.. 13 kids
If he can’t get kids to come out and play at a school he’s been at for a few kids how the heck can he get kids to come out in a new school

If he’s offered the AD should be fired on the spot and the board members removed
Whether you like the coach or not, it's not fair to lay blame on him for the situation at Fairview. They had a max exodus of players transfer of all grades when the previous administration got busted for recruiting. This guy inherited a terrible situation

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Why are some saying Pendleton would be the 4th choice ? As far as I know there were only offers made to 2 coaches..

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I would say one offer Sammons should have never been offered the job. He was never going to take the job he was just pushing Midland for more money.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Was Pendleton an asst coach at west?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

donaldtrump wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:45 am Bon Fire at Tanks Stadium tonight!!!!!!! Come out and meet all 13 Fighting Tiger Players on this years roster!!! Bring your own refreshments. EYE OF THE TIGER WILL BE PLAYED to get the expected overflowing crowd pumped!!!!! Melania and I will be landing at mid field on Marine one to Celebrate!!!SEMPER -FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
you hain't right Donnie, but you crack me up man.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

JTEK wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 am Was Pendleton an asst coach at west?
Yes just last yr.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

DMUP wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:02 am
JTEK wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 am Was Pendleton an asst coach at west?
Yes just last yr.
I don’t have a dog in the fight but unless triplet agrees to commit to help for 2-3 years it seems kind of risky to hand over your head coaching job to someone with 1 year of coaching experience. Did he call the D or call plays last year? What were his coaching responsibilities last year?

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

JTEK wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 am [quote=DMUP post_id=<a href="tel:1661388">1661388</a> time=<a href="tel:1524312133">1524312133</a> user_id=3144]
[quote=JTEK post_id=<a href="tel:1661380">1661380</a> time=<a href="tel:1524310431">1524310431</a> user_id=2111]
Was Pendleton an asst coach at west?
Yes just last yr.
[/quote]

I don’t have a dog in the fight but unless triplet agrees to commit to help for 2-3 years it seems kind of risky to hand over your head coaching job to someone with 1 year of coaching experience. Did he call the D or call plays last year? What were his coaching responsibilities last year?
[/quote]

I thought this as well when I first heard about this but was informed by someone close to him with a lot of experience in coaching that this isn’t your average young guy. I was told he is wise well beyond his ears and knows more football than anyone this coach has ever met. I was also told his biggest quality is a motivator and role model to the people he comes in contact with. This coach said Pendleton is very much a great communicator and would have no issue handling a program and would flourish. I trust in the guy giving me this information so I think if he thinks this then it’s a no brainer.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... man-moment

Interesting read here on Pendleton’s football background and mentality. Found this on internet while doing some research on him. Thought you guys would like this.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

I have heard from an inside source they are only looking for someone for the next 5 years. Word is Urban Meyer is taking the job in 2023 :lol:

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

TOUGH wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:59 am http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... man-moment

Interesting read here on Pendleton’s football background and mentality. Found this on internet while doing some research on him. Thought you guys would like this.
Hell you got me rooting for him now, give the kid and his staff (which I have heard some names and they are pretty good) a chance, dang near May make a move.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Good article on Pendleton. Definitely shows he has the ability to fight through adversity. I'd say Ironton would be wise to give him a shot. No harm in trying. May turn out to be great hire.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Rumor going around last night Pendleton was given a offer a local sports editor contacted Lafon he said no to Pendleton

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What? Use some grammar

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Tick tock

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

79Tiger wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 am Good article on Pendleton. Definitely shows he has the ability to fight through adversity. I'd say Ironton would be wise to give him a shot. No harm in trying. May turn out to be great hire.
What I have said from the start give the kid a chance.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Options; an experienced hc with not a great resume or an inexperienced assistant coach with social media behind him???
Is this how far the Fighting Tiger job has fallen?
I think we need a new search committee, oh wait it's almost May.. geeez

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I'm over this 6 month debacle, I will officially accepted the the job as Ironton head football coach. With that in mind I am bringing in with me an offence where you may see three receivers in at one time. We are also dropping wheelersburg from the opening week to week 10 so we have more time to prepare for week 11 and the rematch. It is an honor to have been considered the 1000th candidate with how long it took them to reach out to me with the offer.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

It's still the boards choice old timer. Look where their first two choices have gotten them.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D

Return to “Football”