Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Ballboy
Waterboy

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by Ballboy »

I agree Fonzie. I would like to see Meigs have some stability in their program also. That’s why I’m asking if Hill is the man for the job? You hear a lot of negative from Eastern about him. Is it just parents being parents the way they are nowadays? Because if he had trouble with parents at Eastern, he’s definitely going to have problems with parents at Meigs!!!Let’s face it, unfortunately, that’s the way it is!!! Did parents have a legitimate gripe at Eastern? Just asking because like I said I would like to see someone be able to stay at Meigs!!

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Only a few typical parents, trying to contaminate to better their own kids. To answer your question about legitimacy of complaints, with a question...was Hill ever non-renewed? Why do you think Caldwell left about 6/7 years ago to go to Fed Hock? He knew what the future had to hold and he most definitely was aware of the parents! Parents said that Britton was the worst coach they had ever seen...he leaves, goes to Fort Loramie and has had multiple regional appearances along with one of the top five teams in the state for the past three years.

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Good point Jayski!! Just wishing all the best for the Meigs Marauders quest to find a new coach!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Some interviewing next week. Hopefully we will know soon.

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

country roads wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:05 pm Jay Reynolds is the answer at Meigs. Coached under the one and only John Burdette, who played at Meigs. He is also his brother in law. It is the only reasonable option for Meigs. Jay also coached Meigs star Weston Baer all through elementary and junior high. And his son will make a great addition when he comes with Jay. Can't wait to see the impact he makes on the program. Great things to come at Meigs.
I'm still holding out hope for Bart. He has to at least be on the staff. Proven winner, well liked by the players, and worshiped in the community. Who can match those qualities? I'll answer that, no one.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I can assure you, Bartrum will not be coaching basketball in any form or fashion for Meigs High School.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:20 pm I can assure you, Bartrum will not be coaching basketball in any form or fashion for Meigs High School.
Just from the stands.
BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:38 pm Some interviewing next week. Hopefully we will know soon.
I heard that they had some interviews last night. When will be the announcement?

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 pm
country roads wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:05 pm Jay Reynolds is the answer at Meigs. Coached under the one and only John Burdette, who played at Meigs. He is also his brother in law. It is the only reasonable option for Meigs. Jay also coached Meigs star Weston Baer all through elementary and junior high. And his son will make a great addition when he comes with Jay. Can't wait to see the impact he makes on the program. Great things to come at Meigs.
I'm still holding out hope for Bart. He has to at least be on the staff. Proven winner, well liked by the players, and worshiped in the community. Who can match those qualities? I'll answer that, no one.
Proven winner ???????????

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

Proven winner??? Lol he’s .500 as a football coach with professional knowledge😂

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:27 pm
Fonzie wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:20 pm I can assure you, Bartrum will not be coaching basketball in any form or fashion for Meigs High School.
Just from the stands.
BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:38 pm Some interviewing next week. Hopefully we will know soon.
I heard that they had some interviews last night. When will be the announcement?

So do you keep track of all parents who yell from the stands? I have been to a lot of basketball games over the years, and I can say I have heard more than one parent yell their two cents worth towards the young men playing in the game. Moreso, I seem to hear a lot of ex-players (alumni) giving their advice as well. Since he would actually fall under both of those areas, I see it would make sense to be invested in the game emotionally, and thus becoming vocal. But the crew that wants to place him under a microscope, and criticize his every move, in my opinion, shows more about the person pointing fingers. Whether it be jealousy, hate, or just a negative person. I will never understand why people belittle the ones who genuinely try to give back to their community. It is not just Bartrum and Meigs, this stuff happens within every school and any person with a little notoriety. Be thankful someone is giving back, Lord knows he doesn't have to.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:27 am
Just from the stands.

So do you keep track of all parents who yell from the stands? I have been to a lot of basketball games over the years, and I can say I have heard more than one parent yell their two cents worth towards the young men playing in the game. Moreso, I seem to hear a lot of ex-players (alumni) giving their advice as well. Since he would actually fall under both of those areas, I see it would make sense to be invested in the game emotionally, and thus becoming vocal. But the crew that wants to place him under a microscope, and criticize his every move, in my opinion, shows more about the person pointing fingers. Whether it be jealousy, hate, or just a negative person. I will never understand why people belittle the ones who genuinely try to give back to their community. It is not just Bartrum and Meigs, this stuff happens within every school and any person with a little notoriety. Be thankful someone is giving back, Lord knows he doesn't have to.
Hear, hear...

Now let's hire the man and be done with it.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

bballfan wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:30 am Proven winner??? Lol he’s .500 as a football coach with professional knowledge😂
below .500

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 pm
This made me laugh a lot. Most proven winners have above .500 records. Not “worshipped” by all, but he does do a lot of preaching.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:27 am
Just from the stands.

The problem is to many it looks more like “taking” than “giving back”

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Yes, and to those people that view him as trying to "take" anything, are indeed the ones I referred to as jealous or what have you. This would be the same crowd that with critize him if he was doing nothing. For some people, critizing is something they enjoy doing. If they complain enough about someone else, it make take attention away from their own shortcomings and lack of ability to give something back to the community. Bottom line, there is a reason it is hard to find good coaches now days. It takes a special person to coach and to do it well.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Man I'm dying to know who gets the Meigs and RV jobs.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:03 am Yes, and to those people that view him as trying to "take" anything, are indeed the ones I referred to as jealous or what have you. This would be the same crowd that with critize him if he was doing nothing. For some people, critizing is something they enjoy doing. If they complain enough about someone else, it make take attention away from their own shortcomings and lack of ability to give something back to the community. Bottom line, there is a reason it is hard to find good coaches now days. It takes a special person to coach and to do it well.
Jealous? Look I think Coach Bartrum is definitely a great guy and has honestly coached well despite his record as I believe it's a simple case of scheduling too many tough games, but just because people disagree on what he does at basketball games doesn't make them jealous. Not everybody cares if a person played in the NFL. I agree that other parents may yell during games, but obviously a prerson in Coach Bartrum's situation is going to stand out. I feel maybe some posters on here should take their issues up with him in person, but just because somebody has a problem with what he does, as a parent, doesn't make them jealous.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I guess that is my point, take away the fact of the NFL background, he is then no different than any other parent getting emotionally involved during a game. Maybe jealous was a poor choice of words, but without a doubt, people enjoy singling him out on a regular basis.

To be honest, I know him, have worked with him (never in coaching), and have witnessed his passion for the county and Meigs Local. If people want to nitpick him over everything, I personally believe you're obligated to acknowledge the good as well. Otherwise, those posters do come off as jealous, critical, or shortsighted.

But now to the topic at hand, Any news on interviews or leads. I haven't heard much for a couple weeks now. Seems quiet.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:20 am I guess that is my point, take away the fact of the NFL background, he is then no different than any other parent getting emotionally involved during a game. Maybe jealous was a poor choice of words, but without a doubt, people enjoy singling him out on a regular basis.

To be honest, I know him, have worked with him (never in coaching), and have witnessed his passion for the county and Meigs Local. If people want to nitpick him over everything, I personally believe you're obligated to acknowledge the good as well. Otherwise, those posters do come off as jealous, critical, or shortsighted.

But now to the topic at hand, Any news on interviews or leads. I haven't heard much for a couple weeks now. Seems quiet.
Maybe you're right, but I feel maybe it would still be looked at similarly because it is one coach toward another coach. Honestly, I have no clue what he yells and how often, but that's probably where the belief that he makes administrative decisions comes from, although I can tell you he doesn't. Just a thought.

Return to “Boys Basketball”