2018 OVC

SportsGirl83
Freshman Team

Re: OVC

Post by SportsGirl83 »

Congratulations to the Coal Grove Lady Hornets! Co-OVC Champions!

BigBlueFan73
Waterboy

Post by BigBlueFan73 »

Gallia Academy -13
Portsmouth-1

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Rock Hill over Fairland 12-2

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Congratulations to the co-Champions Gallia and Coal Grove....

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Congratulations to Coal Grove and Gallia... sounds like two good quality teams. Does anyone know how many seniors that each of these squads have this year?

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
Blazeofglory
Waterboy

Post by Blazeofglory »

Gallia Academy only has one senior.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Blazeofglory wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 am Gallia Academy only has one senior.
That's great!

Aceofspade15
Waterboy

Post by Aceofspade15 »

SEOhio wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:23 am Congratulations to Coal Grove and Gallia... sounds like two good quality teams. Does anyone know how many seniors that each of these squads have this year?

I believe CG has 4 seniors.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Portsmouth will be extremely competitive in 2 years. A very good JH group will blend with the current freshmen/sophomores to form a strong unit. The future looks better for the Trojans.

bigfan
Waterboy

Post by bigfan »

SEOhio wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:23 am Congratulations to Coal Grove and Gallia... sounds like two good quality teams. Does anyone know how many seniors that each of these squads have this year?
GAHS has one senior and one junior.

SportsGirl83
Freshman Team

Post by SportsGirl83 »

Coal Grove has 4 seniors

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Sounds like several programs in the OVC has a strong foundation coming up

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Coal Grove has a talented freshmen class coming in next year too.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:16 am Coal Grove has a talented freshmen class coming in next year too.
Having a talented freshman class coming in will help, but we will have to see how they mesh with the upperclassmen and coaching staff. I see many people tout about their junior high program only to find them transfer to other programs or they aren't as good as advertised. I am not sure if this is a problem at the Grove, but it happens a lot at other area schools.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Rock Hill fell to Wellston in Tourney Play last night 5-2.

The Redwomen finished at 13-10 in regular season and 9-5 in OVC and 0-1 in the post season.

RH graduates 2 Seniors from this season's team, the 3rd baseman and the second baseman. The main Pitcher for this season was a Freshman, and she had a solid year going 12-10 with 44-K's and 49-BB's: I look for her walks to go down as she grows as a pitcher and becomes better at hitting her spots, she also hit .392 with 3 Homers and scored 26 runs. This team has a lot of talent and potential but they lacked much experience at the varsity level. Some games they pounded the ball, others the bats stayed on the bus; and the same with fielding, some games they played lights out. others not so much... I see improvement all the way around the girls just need to continue to work and strengthen the fundamentals.

The Team started 2 seniors, 2 Juniors, 3 Sophomores, 2 Freshmen, and the DP is a sophomore.

The team hit a total of 13 HR's in regular season 11 of those being by underclassmen. They generated right at 180 runs on the season an average of 8.1 runs per game so they should see an improvement on the record next season. I'd never prognosticate a championship or anything like that but I do see this team improving overall....

With incoming Freshmen everyone needs to understand that varsity level ball is a pretty big jump...Not saying that incoming Freshman will not have impacts next year, but don't be surprised to see many have ups and downs....I've seen first hand how much experience plays in the totality of the season.

Good Luck to all the OVC programs next year, I for one would love to see another hard fought season to the end in conference and see many OVC teams go deeper in the post season....

by the way...Congrats to South Point on their win yesterday over Oak Hill and to Coal Grove on their win over Nelsonville York....I've not seen yet if any other OVC team has won yet in the tournament.....

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

What were the final standing in the OVC?

Return to “Softball”