Alexander 7
Eastern 6

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Re: 5/7 scores

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

Eastern Brown 11
North Adams 0

Congrats to Eastern Brown for going undefeated in the SHAC and winning the gold ball this season.

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

Green 10
St. Joe 9
First round sectionals in Franklin Furnace

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Notre Dame wins at Ironton 2 - 1.
18 - 5 with 4 of those losses by 1 run.
Nice season considering they lost their slated #1 pitcher and only returned 3 starters.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eastern Pike over FedHock in sectional semifinal

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

dirt_cinders wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:39 pm Notre Dame wins at Ironton 2 - 1.
18 - 5 with 4 of those losses by 1 run.
Nice season considering they lost their slated #1 pitcher and only returned 3 starters.
This was no a tournament game today though. Sounds like a great game between two great squads

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Paint Valley 14
Western 6

Just another point about the seeding problems with tournament play by OHSAA in softball. PV was a #9 seed at 4-4 and Western was an #8 at 3-8

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Central D1 Sectional Semi:

#30 Logan - 11
#28 New Albany - 9

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

SEOhio wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 pm Paint Valley 14
Western 6

Just another point about the seeding problems with tournament play by OHSAA in softball. PV was a #9 seed at 4-4 and Western was an #8 at 3-8
I honestly don't see a problem with this seeding. They were one win apart and Western played 3 more games. Should be a congratulations to Paint Valley on the win and better luck with weather and getting more games in next year.

redlegs89
Waterboy

Post by redlegs89 »

Any idea who won the game between Vinton and River Valley last night?

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:07 am
Western 6

I honestly don't see a problem with this seeding. They were one win apart and Western played 3 more games. Should be a congratulations to Paint Valley on the win and better luck with weather and getting more games in next year.
If you read the thread about everyone's thoughts about the seeding, you can see that many people didn't agree with how they came up with the seedings. I think they should come up with a system similar to football in which they look at quality wins in ensure that each team gets the proper seeding. We definitely can agree that Clay was the top seed in D4 in the West but that isn't always the case. I think teams should be rewarded for quality wins and playing bigger and better teams. If you take a look at Clay and ND out of conference schedule, then you will see what I am talking about. Some coaches in the area just like beating up on weaker teams and running the score up. I feel an AD or coach who challenges their team in scheduling should be rewarded like they are in other sports.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

redlegs89 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:13 am Any idea who won the game between Vinton and River Valley last night?
Vinton

SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

Did Minford and Jackson play yesterday? If so, what was the final?

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

SEOhio wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:22 am
Western 6

If you read the thread about everyone's thoughts about the seeding, you can see that many people didn't agree with how they came up with the seedings. I think they should come up with a system similar to football in which they look at quality wins in ensure that each team gets the proper seeding. We definitely can agree that Clay was the top seed in D4 in the West but that isn't always the case. I think teams should be rewarded for quality wins and playing bigger and better teams. If you take a look at Clay and ND out of conference schedule, then you will see what I am talking about. Some coaches in the area just like beating up on weaker teams and running the score up. I feel an AD or coach who challenges their team in scheduling should be rewarded like they are in other sports.
I agree with you that teams should be rewarded and they are.
The seedings are voted on by coaches. Coaches know who is playing who. One school went on 7-2 at seeding time. But I talked to three different coaches who refused to seed them high because they hadn't played anyone.
They also said they were ranking another school high even though the record wasn't great just because they took on all comers.
It's in no way perfect but nothing ever is. Every year someone's upset in football too.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:54 am
SEOhio wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:22 am

I agree with you that teams should be rewarded and they are.
The seedings are voted on by coaches. Coaches know who is playing who. One school went on 7-2 at seeding time. But I talked to three different coaches who refused to seed them high because they hadn't played anyone.
They also said they were ranking another school high even though the record wasn't great just because they took on all comers.
It's in no way perfect but nothing ever is. Every year someone's upset in football too.
What team do you coach? You have knowledge about the seeding and how you voted on the seedings along with what coaches thought.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I talk to coaches. Several coaches all happen to work at the same place around here.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

^ I can only imagine the water cooler discussions at that place ... LOL

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:15 pm ^ I can only imagine the water cooler discussions at that place ... LOL
Haha

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Hope that group isnt guarding nuclear secrets or anything :)

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:33 am I talk to coaches. Several coaches all happen to work at the same place around here.
A mere coincidence that a place in southern Ohio would employ multiple coaches of the same sport from different schools. Do you keep stats too?

Return to “Softball”