Eastern High School Head Coach Search?

Ballboy
Waterboy

Re: Eastern High School Head Coach Search?

Post by Ballboy »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 am
Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am
Vito Corleone wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am Just saying...Hasn't had much to work with. And if there isn't anything coming up I'm sure you'll be the first person to bash the next coach too.
Junior class won all the way up through freshman year. Then when coach hill took them over on the varsity level half of them quit and now they can't win a game. He is the death of Eastern basketball.
No.. Kids quitting because they didn't like a coach and parents justifying it has been the death of Eastern Basketball.
Bbjunky, you’re right also!! The parents are probably at the root of it! Little Johnny won in biddy league so it must be the coach’s fault!

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Ballboy wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:16 am
Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am
Vito Corleone wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am Just saying...Hasn't had much to work with. And if there isn't anything coming up I'm sure you'll be the first person to bash the next coach too.
Junior class won all the way up through freshman year. Then when coach hill took them over on the varsity level half of them quit and now they can't win a game. He is the death of Eastern basketball.
Go back to study hall, Ol Bud! Vito is right, not much to work with and if the next guy doesn’t win, you will be the first to bash him! Also, you don’t know much about the history of Eastern basketball!!
I know that JIm Riley was the greatest coach in the history of Eastern basketball

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Junior Class? Who in that class quit after playing their freshman year? Nick and Noah Browning? What sport haven't they quit? Nate Durst? Good kid, may have made an impact by his senior year. As for winning all the way up until Hill got them...There does not seem to be a trophy in the case from 7th grade and none from 8th grade. They may have won 13-14 games their freshman year on the JV. Please tell me that you are aware that a varsity consists of the best players from grades 9-12, which means these juniors are not competing against the other kids they have previously "dominated" all the way up through. Answer this question, of the mentioned juniors, who could have actually started for Trimble this past season? Waterford? Southern? Miller? Belpre?

Radar
Waterboy

Post by Radar »

Talent left Eastern all because of certain Parents who want to control things. If you know so much why aren’t you coaching. You can coach but you must have some talent and brains to win. Howie as always followed Talent and recruited talent at both Eastern and Southern. What if he would have not been able to recruit, would he have won? Carl Wolfe had talent at Southern and won without recruits but after he left he was just a .500 coach.

Cypress
Waterboy

Post by Cypress »

Possible candidates for this position..?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach Kight deserves a shot of he even wants it. If he does, I'd hire him in a heartbeat. He's in a much better place to be a good, focused head coach now than he was at Meigs. Not knowing the game is something I've never heard Coach Kight be accused of. Like I said, all of this depends on if he would even want it.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

JOHN B IS THE GREATEST ALL TIME EASTERN COACH. NOW THAT HIS DAUGHTER IS WINDING DOWN CAREER AT Dayton. I'd go after him. He can win with boys too. Guy can coach

watermeloncrawl
Waterboy

Post by watermeloncrawl »

EASTERN NEEDS JOHN BURDETTE

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

I keep hearing Howie's name come up. If he takes it two players will immediately show up from a neighbor is what's being said. Looks like Eastern is the place to be in the county for baseball, and now maybe basketball again too.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

koondoger wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:13 pm I keep hearing Howie's name come up. If he takes it two players will immediately show up from a neighbor is what's being said. Looks like Eastern is the place to be in the county for baseball, and now maybe basketball again too.
No thank you to Howdee. He hates football, and is not too fond of Summerfields either, from what I've been told. ;) :mrgreen:

Alpha Eagle
Waterboy

Post by Alpha Eagle »

eagle25 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:39 pm
koondoger wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:13 pm I keep hearing Howie's name come up. If he takes it two players will immediately show up from a neighbor is what's being said. Looks like Eastern is the place to be in the county for baseball, and now maybe basketball again too.
No thank you to Howdee. He hates football, and is not too fond of Summerfields either, from what I've been told. ;) :mrgreen:
No one at Eastern cares about football... just look who's coaching

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Wow! Surprises in that article not dealing with Coach Hill. Congrats by the way Coach.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

This would be great news

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

Howie Caldwell is not coming back to Eastern!! Not enough talent there! That is why he left in the first place!!

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Does Howie still teach? If so, where at?

yoblood3
Waterboy

Post by yoblood3 »

has anybody heard anything else????

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

yoblood3 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am has anybody heard anything else????
Word out of Reedsville is they're going to try what Meigs should have done, and have the football coach take over the basketball program too. Since his son is the best player that makes sense. :o

yoblood3
Waterboy

Post by yoblood3 »

Jim Ryan wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:44 pm
Word out of Reedsville is they're going to try what Meigs should have done, and have the football coach take over the basketball program too. Since his son is the best player that makes sense. :o
that doesnt make any sense at all.

greeny
Waterboy

Post by greeny »

Jim Ryan wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:44 pm
This is just stupid.

Return to “Boys Basketball”