Open Coaching Jobs

E High
All State

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by E High »

Is Marietta close to hiring someone or are they still waiting to get a better candidate then what they have ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Marietta situation is unbelievable ... an outstanding candidate, Washington County native, a coach in one of the most successful programs of the last 20 years has interviewed for the Tiger position ... the candidate does not require there to be a teaching opening , the candidate KNOWS the players, has coached against the players on the team, would probable get players/athletes that have been on the sidelines for MHS to come back out to the hardwood ... UNBELIEVABLE ...

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I was referring to the Lucasville Valley job. I heard that it was open. Is it not open?

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Marietta being D-2 could be a really good job. A couple Jr and Sr to be that didn't play last year could be big going forward with the right coach !

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:49 pm I was referring to the Lucasville Valley job. I heard that it was open. Is it not open?
Really? I haven’t heard that. Maybe someone can help us with this. Bbjunky have you heard anything on this?

Making offers you can't refuse
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Vito Corleone wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:16 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:49 pm I was referring to the Lucasville Valley job. I heard that it was open. Is it not open?
Really? I haven’t heard that. Maybe someone can help us with this. Bbjunky have you heard anything on this?
I’m pretty certain Lucasville Valley is not open. River Valley and Paint Valley, yes, but not Lucasville

Watching SE Ohio basketball
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I heard yesterday that the Lucasville Valley job is open. Also only heard 2 names applied, but hard to get applicants when no one knows its open.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

transplant wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:10 am I heard yesterday that the Lucasville Valley job is open. Also only heard 2 names applied, but hard to get applicants when no one knows its open.
They might of only wanted true "Valley" guys and/or those well connected to the program.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

well, neither applicant was/is a current assistant, so who knows. Both did graduate from Valley, but that's the only connection they have to the program currently.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

transplant wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:05 am well, neither applicant was/is a current assistant, so who knows. Both did graduate from Valley, but that's the only connection they have to the program currently.
That is what I mean, they were still that connected to it, they were aware of the opening.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I wouldn't go as far as saying "connected" but I know what you mean. But good luck in finding the right coach.

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

Not sure if it's board official, but Joe B Stewart will be next coach at McClain.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Preacher Purl wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 am Not sure if it's board official, but Joe B Stewart will be next coach at McClain.
If this is true that is an absolute GRAND SLAM hire for McClain.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

This news is true about the McClain job.

The Paint Valley job has also been filled. It isn't my place the release the name though. I'm guessing it will be made public soon.

thetruthhurts
Waterboy

Post by thetruthhurts »

pfloyd wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:15 pm The Marietta situation is unbelievable ... an outstanding candidate, Washington County native, a coach in one of the most successful programs of the last 20 years has interviewed for the Tiger position ... the candidate does not require there to be a teaching opening , the candidate KNOWS the players, has coached against the players on the team, would probable get players/athletes that have been on the sidelines for MHS to come back out to the hardwood ... UNBELIEVABLE ...
lol!!! A puppet!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

thetruthhurts wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:15 pm The Marietta situation is unbelievable ... an outstanding candidate, Washington County native, a coach in one of the most successful programs of the last 20 years has interviewed for the Tiger position ... the candidate does not require there to be a teaching opening , the candidate KNOWS the players, has coached against the players on the team, would probable get players/athletes that have been on the sidelines for MHS to come back out to the hardwood ... UNBELIEVABLE ...
lol!!! A puppet!
Explain ...

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

What a great hire for McClain, Coach Stewart will create a culture of doing things the right way that will pay dividends to current and future Tigers alike.

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

My sources tell me the coaching search is over at Marietta and the mighty Tigers..........after long EXTENSIVE, THOROUGH search.........have finally landed the man that is to lead this group of young men into the uncharted territory. Gotta give it up to the great AD Richard Guimond for sticking to his guns and landing his guy.

Ladies and gentlemen....... I present to you......the one.........the only...........

JD Secrest ( google his resumé folks.....it’s rather impressive)

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

tigerblue wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:58 pm My sources tell me the coaching search is over at Marietta and the mighty Tigers..........after long EXTENSIVE, THOROUGH search.........have finally landed the man that is to lead this group of young men into the uncharted territory. Gotta give it up to the great AD Richard Guimond for sticking to his guns and landing his guy.

Ladies and gentlemen....... I present to you......the one.........the only...........

JD Secrest ( google his resumé folks.....it’s rather impressive)
I assume this is sarcasm.

Return to “Boys Basketball”