Open Coaching Jobs

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by tigerblue »

Vike73 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:57 am
tigerblue wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:58 pm My sources tell me the coaching search is over at Marietta and the mighty Tigers..........after long EXTENSIVE, THOROUGH search.........have finally landed the man that is to lead this group of young men into the uncharted territory. Gotta give it up to the great AD Richard Guimond for sticking to his guns and landing his guy.

Ladies and gentlemen....... I present to you......the one.........the only...........

JD Secrest ( google his resumé folks.....it’s rather impressive)
I assume this is sarcasm.
Your sarcasm meter is on point, sir.

But he did get the job after passing over 2 better candidates in Jerry Mitchem and Josh Derry. Politics politics politics.

thetruthhurts
Waterboy

Post by thetruthhurts »

my google must not be on point cause it can't seem to find any coaching resume's on the 2 better candidates or Secrest.............

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Derry has experienced at the college level and was also a big player in AAU with the Ohio Valley Hidden Gems.

Mark Twain
Waterboy

Post by Mark Twain »

tigerblue wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:06 am
tigerblue wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:58 pm My sources tell me the coaching search is over at Marietta and the mighty Tigers..........after long EXTENSIVE, THOROUGH search.........have finally landed the man that is to lead this group of young men into the uncharted territory. Gotta give it up to the great AD Richard Guimond for sticking to his guns and landing his guy.

Ladies and gentlemen....... I present to you......the one.........the only...........

But he did get the job after passing over 2 better candidates in Jerry Mitchem and Josh Derry. Politics politics politics.
I don’t understand your craving for Josh Derry. He should not be discussed as a legitimate candidate. In fact it bothers me his name was even “rumored” for this position. Clearly you have no idea about his past history (OVU, WVU-P, and WSCC). That guy would be a disaster for MHS.

Instead of the boring old politics, politics, politics excuse, I would ask you to google him yourself. You’ll see he won SEOAL COY in 2009 and had the Tigers playing inspired basketball down the stretch this year.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Mark Twain wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:45 am

I don’t understand your craving for Josh Derry. He should not be discussed as a legitimate candidate. In fact it bothers me his name was even “rumored” for this position. Clearly you have no idea about his past history (OVU, WVU-P, and WSCC). That guy would be a disaster for MHS.

Instead of the boring old politics, politics, politics excuse, I would ask you to google him yourself. You’ll see he won SEOAL COY in 2009 and had the Tigers playing inspired basketball down the stretch this year.
Ya'll need any games for next year? If so let us know cause we could use a sure win or two on our schedule.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Who got the Lucasville Valley position?

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

Mark Twain wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:45 am

I simply stated Josh Derry as a BETTER candidate, not a craving for.

I had 2 nephews play for JD Secrest back with his first go round with the varsity position. There was always a drug problem on the team. Google (name removed....but this young padult just got sentenced for 6 years pushing drugs). Ex player of his. A couple other players from his teams had drug problems as well. Unfortunately, they lost the drug battle and their lives were cut short. The guy was never in it for the kids. That 6100 paycheck for “coaching”, had more to do with it than anything.

His last 2 years as an “Assistant” should tell you all you need to know about this man. Head Coach Glenn Dawson verbally abused his players on a daily basis (non renewed because of it). JD Secrest stood on the sideline, watched it all go down, and didn’t have the balls to put a stop to it, or report it to the AD. Neither did any of the other coaches. You really want this guy running your program???
Last edited by tigerblue on Wed May 23, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

thetruthhurts wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:21 am my google must not be on point cause it can't seem to find any coaching resume's on the 2 better candidates or Secrest.............
Here is Mitchems........
pfloyd wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:15 pm The Marietta situation is unbelievable ... an outstanding candidate, Washington County native, a coach in one of the most successful programs of the last 20 years has interviewed for the Tiger position ... the candidate does not require there to be a teaching opening , the candidate KNOWS the players, has coached against the players on the team, would probable get players/athletes that have been on the sidelines for MHS to come back out to the hardwood ... UNBELIEVABLE ...

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:01 pm Who got the Lucasville Valley position?
Haven't heard anything yet... just applications as far as I know

thetruthhurts
Waterboy

Post by thetruthhurts »

I don't think it's good to put names and start bashing people/coaches on here with all the slander law suits nowadays. They all probably have kids too. They don't need to read negative stuff about their heroes. I would schedule a meeting w said persons and tell them what is easily said behind a monitor to their face.
Plus, no one coaches for the paycheck anymore. I hope the program does well and becomes respectable instead of a laughing stock.

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

thetruthhurts wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:28 pm I don't think it's good to put names and start bashing people/coaches on here with all the slander law suits nowadays. They all probably have kids too. They don't need to read negative stuff about their heroes. I would schedule a meeting w said persons and tell them what is easily said behind a monitor to their face.
Plus, no one coaches for the paycheck anymore. I hope the program does well and becomes respectable instead of a laughing stock.
Simply stating facts as to why he has no business coaching, for a second time at that. Everything I stated is pretty darn accurate, and have others to back it up. And I have no problem telling this to him face to face.

If you don’t think anyone coaches for the paycheck anymore, then you are sorely mistaken.

.......I did remove the ex players name from my previous post. He has enough problems to deal with.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

If they were smart, they'd talk to some former head coaches who are now assistants in the ECOL. Hire someone who knows the league. If you want to win you need to find a proven winner.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

I'd let you have Mitchum for a can of skoal, doesn't even have to be a new can.

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:58 am

I'd let you have Mitchum for a can of skoal, doesn't even have to be a new can.
We will give you Secrest and just call it even.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Word is Lucasville Valley hired a coach last night. Will wait for an official word before posting anything. Should be interesting...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

transplant wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:34 am Word is Lucasville Valley hired a coach last night. Will wait for an official word before posting anything. Should be interesting...
Hate to see Coach Phillips gone at Valley as I felt like the worm was gonna turn out there in the next few years (solid classes coming from 4th through 7th grades). Losing the transfer to Chillicothe really hurt them last year. Given how quiet this has been, I assume Valley has had someone lined up ever since the job opened. Right now, Valley an attractive job with great facilities...if they ever drop to D4 ala Coal Grove, South Webster, etc., it becomes one of the best jobs around.*

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:58 am
transplant wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:34 am Word is Lucasville Valley hired a coach last night. Will wait for an official word before posting anything. Should be interesting...
Hate to see Coach Phillips gone at Valley as I felt like the worm was gonna turn out there in the next few years (solid classes coming from 4th through 7th grades). Losing the transfer to Chillicothe really hurt them last year. Given how quiet this has been, I assume Valley has had someone lined up ever since the job opened. Right now, Valley an attractive job with great facilities...if they ever drop to D4 ala Coal Grove, South Webster, etc., it becomes one of the best jobs around.*
Agreed, and there is some VERY good talent coming....

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

yeah, the talent will be there again for sure. We will see how the new coach does. But for now, I will keep my opinion to myself.

gonefishin
Waterboy

Post by gonefishin »

If the hire at Valley was a VHS alumni, good for them , time will tell if they are the right choice or not.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

If the name that I heard actually got the Valley job, it sounds like a solid hire. Valley alum that worked under two good coaches. If he bring a little bit of both of those coaches with he, you have to believe it will work out well. Time will tell. Best of luck to Valley and their new coach.

Return to “Boys Basketball”