2018 Jackson Ironmen Football Outlook

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: 2018 Jackson Ironmen Football Outlook

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The Spires family was very upset and had concerns that they felt like wasn't addressed. Therefore, they have left Vinton County.

Jaden will be a junior and was a dominate player for us last year on both sides of the ball. In my opinion, he was a better linebacker than an offensive player. However, as a freshman he broke several records receiving and he garnished a lot of yards carrying the ball also. It will be interesting to see how Coach Hall will use him. He is the quintessential football player.

Evan will be a freshman and in my opinion the more athletic of the two. At six foot and approximately 180 pounds he has great size and room to grow and a strong arm. He is an excellent quarterback. But I was extremely excited to see him on the basketball court. He could have been a major contributor to our varsity program this year. He has a lot of the tools that he could have excelled on the court. He could have easily, if he stayed healthy, our next 1,000 point scorer. So it will be interesting how Coach Morrow will use him.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:24 pm Spires brothers are enrolled. Welcome to Jackson
Must be nice to have property in multiple places to get around the rules. Go wherever you want with no penalty. Teach these kids how life really works. You can’t always move away from a situation you don’t like. Sometimes you buckle down and persevere. Oh well... lesson not learned I guess.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

The bigger question is how are the parents of the kids of all the transfers going to react to their kids not getting to play? Jackson could have an entire backfield of transfers. QB is a transfer from Point Pleasant, two Spires kids, and Yates. That's a lot of Jackson kids sitting on the bench that should be playing. If I was a parent I wouldn't be too happy.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:07 pm The bigger question is how are the parents of the kids of all the transfers going to react to their kids not getting to play? Jackson could have an entire backfield of transfers. QB is a transfer from Point Pleasant, two Spires kids, and Yates. That's a lot of Jackson kids sitting on the bench that should be playing. If I was a parent I wouldn't be too happy.
That is certainly part of it. That falls on the coaching staff to communicate (often more than they think is necessary) to each kid in the program. My son will be one of the ones passed on the bball court. He will work hard to do what the coaches want and cheer on those playing above him. I can’t speak for how others will respond.

90'sviking
Waterboy

Post by 90'sviking »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:23 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:24 pm Spires brothers are enrolled. Welcome to Jackson
Must be nice to have property in multiple places to get around the rules. Go wherever you want with no penalty. Teach these kids how life really works. You can’t always move away from a situation you don’t like. Sometimes you buckle down and persevere. Oh well... lesson not learned I guess.
Why is it an issue for anyone if the family feels as if they can better there situation? If the family doesnt think the situation at VC is good for them and they can make it better by going somewhere else what is the problem?
In my mind it is no different than changing jobs for whatever reason is better for you and your family. Have you ever changed jobs Dundas? If so what was the reasoning? In all seriousness im interested to know how life really works in your world?
As we all should realize it is a short life we live, and if at any time a person is capable and have the means available to make your life a little better i say go for it!!

notsurprised
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised »

I heard today that the Brown brothers are now enrolled in Wellston. Both famlilies Brown and Spires gave of there time and money in support of VC athletics. Great families!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

notsurprised wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:59 pm I heard today that the Brown brothers are now enrolled in Wellston. Both famlilies Brown and Spires gave of there time and money in support of VC athletics. Great families!!
I believe the Browns were playing for Wellston last night at summer league (I could be mistaken though)

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

I’m curious, how is it that kids can go play for another district (one in which they do not live), use an address that they do not live at to get approved by the ohsaa for the transfer and yet not have to take a penalty for it? This is a serious question btw. I wonder if coach hall will sit spires for the second half and playoffs this year just to be safe because we all know what happened to Ny when they got dinged a few years back. Forfeits are never fun. Oh well, either way, good luck to the university of Jackson this year. Well except for week 1 anyway.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm I’m curious, how is it that kids can go play for another district (one in which they do not live), use an address that they do not live at to get approved by the ohsaa for the transfer and yet not have to take a penalty for it? This is a serious question btw. I wonder if coach hall will sit spires for the second half and playoffs this year just to be safe because we all know what happened to Ny when they got dinged a few years back. Forfeits are never fun. Oh well, either way, good luck to the university of Jackson this year. Well except for week 1 anyway.
Our A.D. will make sure things are legal all the way around. There are a lot of rules and stipulations to follow....they will be followed.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:31 pm
WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm I’m curious, how is it that kids can go play for another district (one in which they do not live), use an address that they do not live at to get approved by the ohsaa for the transfer and yet not have to take a penalty for it? This is a serious question btw. I wonder if coach hall will sit spires for the second half and playoffs this year just to be safe because we all know what happened to Ny when they got dinged a few years back. Forfeits are never fun. Oh well, either way, good luck to the university of Jackson this year. Well except for week 1 anyway.
Our A.D. will make sure things are legal all the way around. There are a lot of rules and stipulations to follow....they will be followed.

Just like in the past. Lol

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Let me rephrase that. Just like when a boy that lived in Hamden and tranferred to Wellston and then to Jackson while still living in Hamden but sat out zero games? Lol I’m sure everything will be legal on paper though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Man, I don’t know. Pat Stevens WILL follow the rules and protocol. I’m not sure of the rules myself. In my head to play for Jackson football this fall they must be living in Jackson school District this fall. I’m probably wrong, not my area. It’s much stricter than back when you are speaking of. I don’t know where people currently live but I do believe if a transfer has to be physically living in our district then they will be and it will be randomly checked upon.

If I’m proven to be wrong I’ll be back on here to admit.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

From reading the accounts above sounds like some "athlete" type kids moving into the program from MS-HS, that will help. My perception of the Ironmen are that they are "bangers", sort of the Michigan State type of team that is always fundamentally physical but not necessarily blessed with a lot of playmakers to go along with that physicality. And I mean no disrespect or cast any dispersions, clearly they have good players just trying to make a general point about the "type" of team they always seem to have. Heavy run offense and physical defense. The addition, if the descriptions are true, of some younger and older athlete type kids moving in should help them round out and be more balanced. Just my opinion.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Abe you are correct.....There is quite a few younger kids coming up that are pure athletes....big, fast, strong , quick feet, catch the ball , smart, and physical......three were mentioned but there's a few more that will contribute to this team in the coming years that will have a threat at every position in the years to come......should be fun to watch these kids mold into a contender

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sounds like Yates has been cleared.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yates has enrolled. Welcome to Jackson

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Nothin like putin on the red n white under the lights of Friday night!! welcome to the tradition

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

Yes, welcome to the tradition. Just wait until he plays in front of some Jackson parents kid. I have been here forever, and some of these people have spent money, time, gas, eating out, just so their kid could be an Ironman and now one just moves in, for one year? This ain't going to go over well.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Solomon wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:46 am Yes, welcome to the tradition. Just wait until he plays in front of some Jackson parents kid. I have been here forever, and some of these people have spent money, time, gas, eating out, just so their kid could be an Ironman and now one just moves in, for one year? This ain't going to go over well.
Why don't they just cry a river then? "Boohoo my little Johnny aint no good but we ate out after the games so he should start..." Well the coach wants to win so he'll play whoever can help his team win. And that's a fact of life mommy. Get over it or move little John boy to VC. :mrgreen:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

There will be no division on the Ironmen. There are 22 positions on a football team , not to mention special teams and subs . If a kid has put in the work in the off season and the summer months he will have a role on the team. Still a lot of work to do before week 1 vs wellston . That is the only focus right now

Return to “Football”