Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

greeny
Waterboy

Re: Who will replace Ed Fry at Meigs?

Post by greeny »

Chuck Finley wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am I don’t know who to feel sorry for in this scenario. Coach Hill who is coming to Meigs for a “do over” for his coaching career as he mentioned in the paper. A school where most coaches don’t last four years. Or. Meigs whose athletic supporters ran off a coach who actually won there and averaged 13 wins a season for a new coach averaging 6 wins per season.
I feel bad for Meigs fans because they are getting the worst coach to ever walk through the doors of Eastern High School and yes even worse than Pammy.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

greeny wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 pm
Chuck Finley wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am I don’t know who to feel sorry for in this scenario. Coach Hill who is coming to Meigs for a “do over” for his coaching career as he mentioned in the paper. A school where most coaches don’t last four years. Or. Meigs whose athletic supporters ran off a coach who actually won there and averaged 13 wins a season for a new coach averaging 6 wins per season.
I feel bad for Meigs fans because they are getting the worst coach to ever walk through the doors of Eastern High School and yes even worse than Pammy.
You must have forgotten that Tony Deem once coached at Eastern. Not to mention, Pammy made a trip or three to the final four, so she's definitely one of the best to "walk through the doors..."

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

eagle25 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 pm
You must have forgotten that Tony Deem once coached at Eastern. Not to mention, Pammy made a trip or three to the final four, so she's definitely one of the best to "walk through the doors..."
Deem was a sorry coach. My boy put some whippings on him with those Racine teams. The Eastern bunch got tired of that and recruited Howie, and they paid well to get him. They'll have to match that and then some if they want to get him back.

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

greeny, I don’t think you’ve been around long enough to see some of the worse coaches Eastern has ever had!! I think in the end, Meigs will be glad they have Coach Hill, and Eastern will regret losing him! A few parents ar Eastern ran him out and their kids wouldn’t respond to him because of it. I may be wrong, but I think he deserves a chance and at least at Meigs he’ll have some kids with some talent and hopefully a better attitude! Now! If the parents at Meigs will just behave and not act like a bunch of jerks!!

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Parents know best
If the parent was good little Johnny is probably pretty good too
Gallia County has shown that time and again
I think a big first step would be for the new coach to call all the parents in and get some insight on what offense and defense they should be running

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

MarauderMadness wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:48 pm Parents know best
I think a big first step would be for the new coach to call all the parents in and get some insight on what offense and defense they should be running
Hill already said in the newspaper he would run run a man-To-man defense and not a 1-3-1 zone. Meigs fanss do not like the 1-3-1 zone.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Chuck Finley wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:00 am
Hill already said in the newspaper he would run run a man-To-man defense and not a 1-3-1 zone. Meigs fanss do not like the 1-3-1 zone.
So, he's already caving to the fans/parents huh? See, they should have hired Bart.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Jim Ryan wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:52 pm
So, he's already caving to the fans/parents huh? See, they should have hired Bart.
Not winning and attendance going down Bart needs to focus on football

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

That 1-3-1 is what made them tough to play no matter who you are! I prefer man, but don’t hate just to hate! You ran off a good coach now prepare to face the consequences.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Sports101 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:33 am
That 1-3-1 is what made them tough to play no matter who you are! I prefer man, but don’t hate just to hate! You ran off a good coach now prepare to face the consequences.
I wish them Meigs Central boys would play us. We was second in the state a few years ago so that's must be why they keep ducking us.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Wasn’t he the pressurer? Lol

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

Sports101 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:33 am
Everybody knows if you want to win in basketball you gotta play a 3-2 zone and a little man . Plus you gotta run the wheel on offense. I did that at eastern in biddy ball and we was county champs.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Don't get caught watching the paint dry!!!!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Chuck Finley wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 am

Wasn’t he the pressurer? Lol
:lol: :mrgreen: :idea:

Return to “Boys Basketball”