2018/19 Nelsonville-York Buckeyes viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69722
2018/19 River Valley Raiders viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69723
2018/19 Vinton County Vikings viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69724
2018/19 Wellston Golden Rockets viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69725

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Hocking and Ohio predictions

Post by goinbroke »

I cannot comment so much on the Hocking as I haven't seen very many of those teams play. Obviously Waterford loses a ton. Your Fed team may be the ones to beat now.

In the Ohio, it should be interesting.
I hear VC has some Logan transfers coming in. Not verified nor do I know the impact. The Davis kid would contribute, but depends on whether she lives in-district or not as to the total impact since OHSAA's rule change on open enrollment means players sit out the last half of the season now. This will be Bentley's team as she is one of the better players in the TVC.
Meigs will continue to improve. Most of the senior class has been the backbone for that team since freshmen. They're welcoming in a nice skilled freshman with size this year too. Lots of experience and talented athletes.
Like VC, I'm hearing Athens may get a Logan transfer. Regardless, I expect they too will be much improved. They have a new coach, so there may be a learning curve.
Alexander should be near the top. They only lost one player total from last years team that gave Minford a fight in the Districts. They've added some freshmen that should contribute right away. Their downside is lack of size.
On first glance you'd think NY would be down with the loss of Addis and Fick, but after watching them play this summer, their coach has instilled some confidence in the returners and with the freshman Hurd girl, they looked pretty good. The older Hurd girl is working hard and doing her part and Mary Kate is playing like she's a leader instead of an afterthought. They look much more like a team than last year. However, losing Addis and Fick hurts.
Wellston could make some more noise this year too. They may sneak in and steal some wins if they were to get hot.
I don't expect much improvement for RV over last year.

My predictions are:
Alex
VC
Meigs
NY
Athens
Wellston
RV

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

VC Guard trio of Bently, Bartoe and Davis are going to be tough, and sitting out doesn't apply if you physically move into the district and does so legaqlly, ie. Driver's license, voting registration,etc.
and the Alexanders trio of Richardson, Rice and Grinstead will also be tough, should be a battle between those two for the top spot.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Vinton County will be solid again. They are pretty fun to watch play. They shoot the ball lights out and play good defense.

Nelsonville-York will be very very good this year.
This is Mary-Kates team and she will step up and be an excellent leader for our Lady Buckeyes.
Defense will be solid, shooting percentage will go up. I think they will play solid team basketball.

Alexander, should be pretty good. They have a few very good players who get after it at both ends.

Meigs, Meigs should be decent this year. They will be a middle of the pack team who will get a win or 2 that no one expects

Wellston, I'm not sure they will finish better than they did last year.

Athens, They are slowly but surely improving. If they can manage to finish 3rd in the league I'd consider that a very successful season for the Dawgs.

River Valley, I think they will struggle to get wins.

My completely inaccurate wild guess of where teams will finish.....

1 Nelsonville-York/Vinton County
2 Alexander
3 Meigs
4 Athens
5 Wellston
6 River Valley

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

2018/2019 TVC Ohio

Practice has started and scrimmages are right around the corner!
What are your thoughts on the TVC Ohio this year?

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2018/2019 TVC Ohio!

This should be a really competitive year.
VC, is the champ until someone knocks them off the mountain. Great shooting team and they should continue their success.
Alexander, Always solid year in and year out. You have to show up and play your best to beat the Spartans.
Nelsonville-York, the Buckeyes graduated the schools all time scoring leader (boys or girls) but bring back a very strong nucleus as well as adding freshman Makenzie Hurd. They should be very very good this year.
Meigs, this is a team who will compete for the TVC crown. Always tough to play.
Athens, The Bulldogs have been steadily improving the last couple of years and I think will surprise some folks this year.
Wellston, I don't see a lot of improvement from these young ladies this year.
River Valley, I think they will end up in the bottom half of the league this year.

So..... My completely bias uneducated prediction.
1 Nelsonville-York
2 Vinton County
3 Alexander, Meigs
5 Athens
6 Wellston
7 River Valley

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

Least you are honest..lol..

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Vc's freshman class has a couple players who can flat out play, and a transfer from Logan who can hold her own as well. Morgan Bentley will be the best player in the league IMO. I think it will take a lot to knock off the lady vikings this season.

thetitanic
Riding the Bench

Post by thetitanic »

Waterford will be first in the hocking. Second will be eastern

CourtStreetShuffle
Waterboy

Post by CourtStreetShuffle »

Two team race between Alexander and Vinton County. Who may be the best two teams in southern Ohio this year

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2018/19 TVC-Ohio

The TVC preview is this Saturday at Nelsonville-Yorks Been Wagner gymnasium!
Doors open at 1. Come on out everyone.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Girls Basketball”