Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

Touchdown
Waterboy

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by Touchdown »

langra wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:02 pm
Touchdown wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:57 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am

No matter what the rule is, was, or will be, I’m sure coach Woodward and the administration found out and confirmed with OHSAA about eligibility for the sake of the kid and both schools.
I don’t think that Woodward cares if he’s eligible to play or not. If he is great. If not oh well, the Burg didn’t need him to win the State Championship last year. He won’t be able to transfer to another school and play, so he’s stuck where he is. Just my thoughts
You're an angry elf
Angry in what way? Trust me if the rules of OHSAA weren’t so strict, IBTT would have had his son at every school in the tristate. No one is angry that IBTT left. He has been saying every year he’s leaving, but finally got the nerve this past year to do it. Unfortunately Burg won’t get the pleasure of dealing with him for more than one season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fbnut wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 am can we get back to the game. if you are talking about the ironton qb. his family moved to ironton for work is what I was told.
Not who the conversation is about
okay, cool
thanks nut

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Touchdown wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:50 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 am can we get back to the game. if you are talking about the ironton qb. his family moved to ironton for work is what I was told.
Not who the conversation is about and from the endless chatter that you post about here, you have the nerve to say can we get back to talking about the game! SMH 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🙄 the questions were about the game and if a kid is eligible to play.
you'll get that sometimes hoss. have an awesome day.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Aren't you allowed one transfer home without penalty of sitting out?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think we all know what to expect from Wheelersburg in this game, but there's more intrigue with Ironton. How different will coach Pendleton's Fighting Tigers look from years past? Will Ironton be well conditioned, perhaps just as in shape as the Pirates? Will IHS show their nickname if they fall behind by a couple of scores? Can Ironton match the Burg's physicality? Even though WHS is a heavy favorite in this game, and will have the look of a state championship contender, there could be much gleaned about Fighting Tiger football going forward.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Truthful wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:15 pm The cockiness being exhibited by Ironton posters including some TOUGH coaches in here is embarrassing. Better be prepared to eat a lot of crow after week one. Of course the excuses will be many. Pirates will name the score, again.
Do you really think Coach Pendleton or anyone on his staff would get on here and make these predictions. Truthfully, Coach has his hands full turning around a culture that has fallen on hard times. Most of the coaches have never witnessed these guys play a down and the ones that have saw us in complete disarray the last few years. The only ones talking are us diehards that we’re hear during the glory years when we were disciplined and gritty and realize the talent gap isn’t as much as people seem to think it is between now and then. It was the complete loss of discipline and work ethic in off season along with lack of offensive identity ruined the program. I truly believe we still have some of the best athletes and football players around we just lacked leadership. I believe you will see a different Ironton team come august just like in 72 when Coach Lutz took over.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I’m not being disrespectful to Wheelersburg. They have proven they are the top dog now and my Tigers have a lot of work to do to knock them off. Do I think it can be done, you betcha. I’m just stating that with the right coaching staff and leadership these Tigers can return to the top of the food chain. I’ve watched many of these kids play and have relationships with their families and let me tell ya they are a good bunch of hardworking kids that needed guidance and now they got it. I expect a tight game going into the 4th qtr and then we will see how much fight coach Pendleton and Triplett has instilled in them.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TCat wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:48 pm Aren't you allowed one transfer home without penalty of sitting out?
yes, but it sounds like he's happy where he's at according to his Dad.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

One thing that maybe has been mentioned but I'm not for sure since we're on page 9, what offense is Pendleton planning on Ironton running??

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:12 pm
Touchdown wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:08 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 pm

No he will have to sit the second 5 weeks plus the post season.
Why does he have to sit out?
He doesn’t. He transferred during school last year before the implementation of rule.
I just read the Bylaws, unless I misinterpreted them. There is no Grandfather clause and he'll have to sIt out the second half of the season plus the Playoffs. I could be wrong though, those Bylaws can be confusing at times lol.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:39 am One thing that maybe has been mentioned but I'm not for sure since we're on page 9, what offense is Pendleton planning on Ironton running??
I don’t remember an offensive or defensive scheme mentioned either. I’m curious myself if anyone knows.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:48 am
greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:39 am One thing that maybe has been mentioned but I'm not for sure since we're on page 9, what offense is Pendleton planning on Ironton running??
I don’t remember an offensive or defensive scheme mentioned either. I’m curious myself if anyone knows.
Have to think with 7-7 around the corner and some already played that someone has seen the offense. If I'm guessing his roots at P-West and Michigan State play I'd look towards more of a power run game with some spread sprinkled in. Then again I also don't know what type of players he has, maybe he's forced to run a certain offense and defense. Thanks for the info anyone.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Not even July and the attempts to sow hate and discontent are in full swing - as I said yesterday won't work.

Must be some new head game strategy for posters I am unaware of to use since lining up and playing football hasn't worked well for the team over to the east. Taking a page from Putin and the Russian bots trying to infiltrate social media and cause strife amongst the countrymen.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

That's enough talk about this kid and his dad.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am That's enough talk about this kid and his dad.
Thank You..............

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 pm You win games on the line of scrimmage. Wheelersburg is replacing 4 starters on o line and all 4 down lineman.... Remeber that. The young kids at ironton got a lot of valuable experience last year due to injuries ect. Irontons skill guys will be just as good as Wheelersburg’s overall trust me. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ironton doesn’t have the best player on the field come August😳😳😳😳😳😳😳.
Maybe not everyone is aware. I assumed they were. Burg replaces starters every year. They love to start Seniors. For example going into last year's State Championship team. They started with a new DE,DT,DE. On Offense they went into the season with first time starters at C,LG,RG,&RT. Now these were all seniors of course. Which is exactly what they will be doing again this year up front. Juniors on last year's team that would have started anywhere else in the county. Including Wheelersburg in other years . So those young men played last year, and played a lot due to the many blow outs. I'm not going to buy the idea of Burg being down because of replacing starters. That is laugh out loud funny. I honestly thought Burg would overlook this Ironton team. But some of you fans wouldn't let that happen. LOL. now you are going to make me drive up north to watch a legit matchup instead of this P.O.'d Burg team proving a point. New prediction Burg 42-7. Rest a few players in second half for week 2 matchup in Columbus.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

58 days until Pendleton and the Tigers will be quickly reminded of where they are in the pecking order of things. Thanks in advance for the tune up game before Hartley.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

footballelite wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 pm
TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 pm You win games on the line of scrimmage. Wheelersburg is replacing 4 starters on o line and all 4 down lineman.... Remeber that. The young kids at ironton got a lot of valuable experience last year due to injuries ect. Irontons skill guys will be just as good as Wheelersburg’s overall trust me. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ironton doesn’t have the best player on the field come August😳😳😳😳😳😳😳.
Maybe not everyone is aware. I assumed they were. Burg replaces starters every year. They love to start Seniors. For example going into last year's State Championship team. They started with a new DE,DT,DE. On Offense they went into the season with first time starters at C,LG,RG,&RT. Now these were all seniors of course. Which is exactly what they will be doing again this year up front. Juniors on last year's team that would have started anywhere else in the county. Including Wheelersburg in other years . So those young men played last year, and played a lot due to the many blow outs. I'm not going to buy the idea of Burg being down because of replacing starters. That is laugh out loud funny. I honestly thought Burg would overlook this Ironton team. But some of you fans wouldn't let that happen. LOL. now you are going to make me drive up north to watch a legit matchup instead of this P.O.'d Burg team proving a point. New prediction Burg 42-7. Rest a few players in second half for week 2 matchup in Columbus.
Not sure on all those positions and what grade they were in but was Bayland Haywood the center last year? He was a junior then and a senior now

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Man all the Ironton faithful and the banter and boasting of Pendleton and how great he's going to be, and NOONE knows what offense or defense they're going to run. Everyone talked about how great this offseason workout is and conditioning and zero insight to the offensive or defensive side of the ball, makes me wonder about the accuracy of the information posted on Pendleton so far.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

footballelite wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 pm
It’s not the posters on here. It’s because of whoever is running the Ironton Football FB page. Lol. Saying stuff like, best program in Southern Ohio. Bragging about who is on staff and the sorts. It’s comical, but really not what you want to do when you’ve been whipping boy for 12 years. Keep it quiet and try to surprise someone. Instead they wanna bump them gums and have this game over by the end of the 1st quarter.

Return to “Football”