Valenth's EARLY CALLS for College Football 2018-19 Version...

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's EARLY CALLS for College Football 2018-19 Version...

Post by Valenth »

I'm back after a medical hiatus and I'm glad to be back to share some College Football intel with everyone.

I am going to Show MY TOP 5 Ranked TEAMS in each Conference
And I will share my TOP 5 GROUP OF 5 TEAMS that I think will do well this year.

ACC Teams to Watch
1. Virginia Tech
2. Clemson
3. Miami FL
4. Florida State
5. Louisville

B1G Teams to Watch
1. Ohio State
2. Wisconsin
3. Penn State
4. Michigan
5. Michigan State

BIG XII Teams to Watch
1. TCU
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Oklahoma State
5. West Virginia

PAC12 Teams to Watch
1. USC
2. Stanford
3. Washington
4. UCLA
5. Washington State

SEC Teams to Watch
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. LSU
5. Texas A&M

GROUP of 5 Teams to Watch
1. Notre Dame
2. Navy
3. USF (Southern Florida)
4. Boise State
5. Houston

Thoughts? Share...
Last edited by Valenth on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's EARLY CALLS for College Football 2018-19 Version...

Post by Omega »

Welcome back Valenth and hope you are hale and hearty. Your CFB posts are always interesting.

The only omission I see is Clemson in the ACC. Sleepers would be South Carolina, Nebraska, and Purdue. Muschamp has quietly assembled good talent at USC. Frost brings his magic to the Huskers while Brohm should continue Purdue's resurgence.

Alabama is a clear favorite to make the CFP with a bunch of two loss teams vying for the other three spots.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Totally forgot Clemson. They should be at Number 2. I'm still recovering here.. 😂

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Welcome back

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great to have you back friend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good stuff, good to have you back.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

It's way too early, but here's who I'm picking to win each and every conference:

AAC - Central Florida
ACC - Clemson
Big Ten - Ohio State
Big 12 - Oklahoma
C USA - Florida Atlantic
MAC - Ohio
Mountain West - Boise State
Pac 12 - USC
SEC - Georgia
Sun Belt - Appalachian State

Best Independent Team - Notre Dame

Playoff teams in no particular order:
Clemson
Ohio State
USC
Georgia

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that looks good to me chief.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Thank you all for the kind words 😊

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think the following system works so much better for the CFP system:

8 team playoff

Top 4 ranked teams by the CFP Committee host the first round (bring some of the southern schools up north if thats how it shakes out and the committee ranking of the top 4 still matter. The hosting universities would make the profit on hosting the first round games.

The major bowls would host the 2nd round and the Championship game.

Winners of each Power 5 conference have automatic berth (make the conference championship worth what it used to be)
3 at large bids to be chosen by the CFP Committee (gives the Central Florida's of the world a chance to play while also taking the 2 second best teams from the power 5 conferences who lost in their conference championship game).

This also eliminates the down time of nearly 3 weeks between conference championship Saturday and the first Playoff game, while still giving the top 8 teams a good 2 weeks before the first playoff game to heal up.

I think that the NCAA will move toward this in the near future. It just makes too much sense.

To have 5 power conferences and 4 playoff spots is the dumbest thing the NCAA has ever done. They set themselves up for failure every year in the fact that the top teams from each power 5 conference could have the exact same record (no losses, one loss or even 2 losses) and the committee made up of humans would have to pick who to exclude from the top 4.

The current system makes no sense.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I totally agree Red! It is so stupid to only have 4 teams with 5 conferences. Unfortunately every time I see the chairman of the playoff committee being interviewed he acts like they are perfectly happy with 4 teams and no plans to change in the future. Probably take a team like Bammer to get left out then ol Nick would get the ball rolling.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

We'll find out week one just how good FAU and Oklahoma are as they open with each other. I'm glad Lane Kiffin has a big mouth, that way the Sooners can drop some crap down it.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

When you go to 8 you are very soon going to have to go to 16. Right now at 4 you haven’t totally messed up the bowl structure you begin to go past that. Then that is a lot of money that goes to NCAA and schools from all these companies for Bowl sponsorship. You get to 8. Now I am not sure how your going to make it work without blowup the current bowls.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

svac83 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:50 pm When you go to 8 you are very soon going to have to go to 16. Right now at 4 you haven’t totally messed up the bowl structure you begin to go past that. Then that is a lot of money that goes to NCAA and schools from all these companies for Bowl sponsorship. You get to 8. Now I am not sure how your going to make it work without blowup the current bowls.
No....you dont have to go to 16. Ever.

I just explained how it would work with 8 in my post. Read it.

It changes nothing to go to 8 as far as the current bowl system. You could actually increase the number of bowl sponsors because the first round of 8 teams could pick up additional bowl sponsors, although I still like the idea of having the top 4 host the first round. Get some of these southern schools coming up north and appease the committee so their top 4 rankings are still very important.

It would also mean mega $$$ for the top 4 ranked schools who would be hosting a first round game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Good post Red, agree again! The main reason I have heard from the chairman and other people is they don't want to diminish the importance of the regular season. I get where they are coming from because the basketball regular season sucks! I don't think it would diminish it in football with 8 teams. There was some concern when they went to 4 teams it would but it didn't happen. As far as I'm concerned they could do away with them silly conference championship games and that would assure the regular season would remain important!

svac83
SE

Re: Valenth's EARLY CALLS for College Football 2018-19 Version...r

Post by svac83 »

Ok don’t think you get my point. If you go to that many more teams. Then Poland weater is not going no to pay 600k to sponsor the Poland weed eater bowl. And a bunch of those bowls. Going to 8 would totally change the way the NCAA would have to look at dividing that money. Not so much for the power 5 maybe but for the mountain west and MAC and all the smaller conferences those conferences unless the NCAA just demanded each conference shared the bounty. Would basically break a part in football. I am not saying it is a bad thing. I am just saying it would be a thing.

Because your a sponsor do you want to put up a million for the 5th team in ACC vs Big 10 6 th place team. Or would or would you double that to get a first round game.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

But with that being said I would be all for 16 teams getting in and scratching the current bowl system and go to a payout system similar to the NCAA tourney. I think you would bring in more total revenue. And have a much more meaningful December.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Heres the best playoff idea... 6 teams. 1 for Each Power 5 Conference and one at large for the Group of Five Conferences. Seeds 1 and 2 get Byes... 3 seed plays 6 seed and 5 seed plays 4 seed... Then you have the True final 4. That's my Top priority on a playoff redo.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Valenth wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 pm Heres the best playoff idea... 6 teams. 1 for Each Power 5 Conference and one at large for the Group of Five Conferences. Seeds 1 and 2 get Byes... 3 seed plays 6 seed and 5 seed plays 4 seed... Then you have the True final 4. That's my Top priority on a playoff redo.
100% agree. If it does expand, it should be this, and nothing else.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

purpleblood1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:39 pm We'll find out week one just how good FAU and Oklahoma are as they open with each other. I'm glad Lane Kiffin has a big mouth, that way the Sooners can drop some crap down it.
Well said purpleblood!!! I can't stand Kiffin...his dad was a good man.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “College Sports”