Coaching changes

OVC
JV Team

Coaching changes

Post by OVC »

Who will have a changing in the guard for next season? I read where Gallia Academy's coach stepped down.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Tank14
Waterboy

Re: Coaching changes

Post by Tank14 »

Been hearing coach Mader is stepping down at coal grove

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach Bissell at Meigs has resigned. That's a good job I believe.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I was told they have someone in-house that will be pushed to take the Meigs job. Who that would be, I have no clue honestly. Guess time will tell, Meigs seems to wait to hire coaches until closer to season.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:01 pm I was told they have someone in-house that will be pushed to take the Meigs job. Who that would be, I have no clue honestly. Guess time will tell, Meigs seems to wait to hire coaches until closer to season.
Probably the new hire they got with plenty of coaching experience.

seops2018
Waterboy

Post by seops2018 »

I think the Meigs job will go to someone outside of the school. Probably someone in the community that wants to see a change in the culture. That would be my best guess.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

I just saw this and had not seen it discussed on here.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Flush wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:00 am I just saw this and had not seen it discussed on here.
128-135 since 2009, but I would guess that Piketon hasn’t won that many games in a 10 year span ever in baseball. 2 District Championships, an SVC Championship (2nd ever for Piketon), a Regional Runner-Up. And that’s just on the field things, he did countless hours of fundraising and promotion of the program.

Yes, it helped to have a kid like Zach Farmer, but Gene still put those kids in position to succeed.

I just hope that whoever they hire next will be all in on Piketon Baseball like Coach Bumgardner was, as that’s what those kids need.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

When did Gene take over at Piketon?
2009 or 2010?
I thought his record was a shade over .500?
Sad thing is people don’t remember how programs were before a coach takes over. Piketon only won about 5 games a year and had numerous different coaches before that.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Will Piketon go after Waverly assistant and Post 142 HC Teeters, who already works for Scioto Valley Local School District?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Nelsonville-York is open.
Coach Dickens wants to enjoy his kids playing softball.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

25th Street NW wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:18 am When did Gene take over at Piketon?
2009 or 2010?
I thought his record was a shade over .500?
Sad thing is people don’t remember how programs were before a coach takes over. Piketon only won about 5 games a year and had numerous different coaches before that.
I thought 2009, but if it was 2010, then he’s over .500. Either way, much better than they had been in years.

Piketon used to be a laughingstock and would roll through coaches constantly. I know the last couple years were rough, but you still had to play well to beat the Streaks. I hope they don’t go back to what they were before Gene.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Why would any coach want to take time away from watching their own children play today?
Coaching is losing a lot of good people because they don't want to deal with unappreciative parents and kids.
Don't tell me it is about the money either which is very minimal pay.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

You are right dani. It was 2009 and your record is correct.

seops2018
Waterboy

Post by seops2018 »

The latest rumor I have heard, again I will say RUMOR, is that Meigs will be looking to get Jason Wright as the baseball coach. If my understanding is correct, he has been coaching at Oak Hill, but is a graduate of Meigs.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

seops2018 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:53 am The latest rumor I have heard, again I will say RUMOR, is that Meigs will be looking to get Jason Wright as the baseball coach. If my understanding is correct, he has been coaching at Oak Hill, but is a graduate of Meigs.
I would find that hard to believe. I will assume we will all be waiting until November-December before we know who will be coaching the Marauders.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

petesweaty wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 am Why would any coach want to take time away from watching their own children play today?
Coaching is losing a lot of good people because they don't want to deal with unappreciative parents and kids.
Don't tell me it is about the money either which is very minimal pay.
Spot on, very much agree about parents and kids!!!

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

Sad to hear about Gene. As a fellow coach (and umpire), he always treated me well. He also did a lot for the Southeast District Baseball Coaches Association - so this is more than Piketon's loss.

Return to “Baseball”