Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by Kicker. »

seeing people slandering burgs stadium, I think it's great, a nice football atmosphere, great scenery I like the locker rooms and the crows nest, imo one of my favorite stadiums around

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

TOUGH wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:04 pm Does anyone know all the teams attending the Ironton 7 on 7 tournament Saturday? I’m hoping to make it to over to watch. I’ve got the football itch again.
I don’t know who all will be there. It may be on the Facebook page for Ironton Football. Or you could probably message one of the football players or a coach. I would guess it will just be local teams, but I have no idea just guessing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:33 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:17 pm man I do too bad. hope to make more games this year.
1 game would be more than last year, wouldn't it?! Lol

Seriously though, I'd like to watch the west and Ironton scrimmage.
IT TAKES A SPECIAL KIND OF STUPID TO MAKE FUN OF A HANDICAPPED PERSON, I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:30 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:17 pm man I do too bad. hope to make more games this year.

IT TAKES A SPECIAL KIND OF STUPID TO MAKE FUN OF A HANDICAPPED PERSON, I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT.

is it anything like when you pretend your God likes certain coaches and people more than He likes other coaches and people!

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 am seeing people slandering burgs stadium, I think it's great, a nice football atmosphere, great scenery I like the locker rooms and the crows nest, imo one of my favorite stadiums around
I'm not slandering their stadium. In my opinion it's a bottle neck getting out of,as for the seating on the visitors side you have very little bleacher searing,yes I know you have the "grassy knolls" which is usually covered with people from the Burg,thus not enough seating. Everything else may be peachy. I'll listen on the headphones and take in another game,no biggie

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

12gauge wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:16 pm
Kicker. wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 am seeing people slandering burgs stadium, I think it's great, a nice football atmosphere, great scenery I like the locker rooms and the crows nest, imo one of my favorite stadiums around
I'm not slandering their stadium. In my opinion it's a bottle neck getting out of,as for the seating on the visitors side you have very little bleacher searing,yes I know you have the "grassy knolls" which is usually covered with people from the Burg,thus not enough seating. Everything else may be peachy. I'll listen on the headphones and take in another game,no biggie
Is there a stadium that has great visitor section. Ironton has to be the top of the list for bottle neck especially in the parking department, but both have good atmospheres because there’s no track around either one.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ironton probably has some of the best parking around. The Unvivesity and the Church will hold a ton of cars and you can walk to the stadium in 5 minutes or less.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Game day wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:53 pm Ironton probably has some of the best parking around. The Unvivesity and the Church will hold a ton of cars and you can walk to the stadium in 5 minutes or less.
I disagree. That parking is a bottle neck nightmare. Lucasville valley has the best parking

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Truthfully most highschool fields don’t have enough visitor stands for big games and it’s going to take a little bit to get out of the parking lots. I’m not sure I would ever use either as an excuse to miss a big game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:33 pm Truthfully most highschool fields don’t have enough visitor stands for big games and it’s going to take a little bit to get out of the parking lots. I’m not sure I would ever use either as an excuse to miss a big game.
Agree

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton has the Ohio University parking lot, ironton high lot, and Central Christian with several different outs. Coal grove exit, Russell exit, 93 exit, truck stop exit. Burg stadium is awesome for Burg. Sucks for visitors. Not enough seats and concession is awful.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

tigerfan98 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:15 am Ironton has the Ohio University parking lot, ironton high lot, and Central Christian with several different outs. Coal grove exit, Russell exit, 93 exit, truck stop exit. Burg stadium is awesome for Burg. Sucks for visitors. Not enough seats and concession is awful.
There are different outs but are they good ones, I don’t think so. Very congested. Burg used to be pretty bad but since the school was moved, it made the parking a lot better but you just had to walk a mile to get out easily. Park by the stadium and your sitting. I always try to park at the funeral home at the bottom.

Now when you say concession, are you saying it’s bad because of location and access? Then I would agree. But if your saying food, I’d disagree enormously. Bub’s pasta and the radar burger are up there for the late Friday night enjoying.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

lol I guess after 15 pages and not even into August yet it was time to bitch about the visitor's stands and the parking lol.

Eh, we may cramp you a bit on the visitor side, but the atmosphere is fantastic for a Friday night HS football contest. Squeeze up next to your neighbor and enjoy yourself. I don't expect there will be a lot of getting up and down and cheering ;) on that side. Better bring your earplugs though you coming to the State Champion Wheelersburg Pirates baby. Parking and leaving after the game shouldn't be an issue as fans will disperse from after halftime through the early 4th quarter ;) making for not a lot of traffic congestion.

And I agree with the above lol, Valley and Jackson probably has the best visitor and parking accommodations, last year literally parked in the grass 75 yards from the entrance in Jackson.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I still say Ironton has the best parking not even 50 yards from the field and many ways to get to the highway. Valley for a big game you park in the grass and when you leave it is totally dark and sometimes you are quarter mile away. I do love Valleys football facility.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

I guess you win the State Championship it entitles you to be arrogant as hell. It seems the Burg has the best of everything, lol

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:02 pm I guess you win the State Championship it entitles you to be arrogant as hell. It seems the Burg has the best of everything, lol
Some would say we were arrogant long before the state championship :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:02 pm I guess you win the State Championship it entitles you to be arrogant as hell. It seems the Burg has the best of everything, lol
Nobody said burg was better. Just disagreement on parking.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

:lol: that’s funny Abe! By the way...about burg having the best of everything...how bout them little league softball girls team from Wheelersburg winning the central region championship! GOING TO THE LL WORLD SERIES!!! Headed to Portland, Oregon!!! Yea baby! Go Burg!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:42 am
TOUGH wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:04 pm Does anyone know all the teams attending the Ironton 7 on 7 tournament Saturday? I’m hoping to make it to over to watch. I’ve got the football itch again.
I don’t know who all will be there. It may be on the Facebook page for Ironton Football. Or you could probably message one of the football players or a coach. I would guess it will just be local teams, but I have no idea just guessing.
Fairland, Western Brown, Green and Minford was there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Truthful wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:14 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:30 am

is it anything like when you pretend your God likes certain coaches and people more than He likes other coaches and people!
I really have to scratch my head about this. if you know anything about god. he already knew who was going to be the coach. this time, last time, when lutz n bruney and carl white were there. god already knew. I was referring to the debacle of the hiring process, and welcoming our new coach in an uplifting way to let him know we welcome him. not that he was superior in god's eyes in anyway. the point and the reality is god already knew, when we didn't. I can't help the previous regime is gone and you are taking it so personal. life is about changes. and you seem as lost as last years easter eggs lady.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”