2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:54 pm
ITSYABOY72 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Sorry dude. Your written vernacular is too sophisticated for this forum. Your above statement should have said, “I have read a bunch of crap on this topic and no one seems to have any proof of anything that would change my mind that Burg wouldn’t throttle ironton again.”
So what do you think these conclusions from Ironton are based on?
Hope and work ethic.
So basically speculation per general optimism

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ITSYABOY72 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:58 pm
ITSYABOY72 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:43 pm
So what do you think these conclusions from Ironton are based on?
Hope and work ethic.
I'm sorry but I don't understand that language. Maybe you should go back in the thread and adapt yourself to the Appalachian dialect. You will notice one poster write in all CAPS, making sure you read it out loud and take him serious. You will also notice many who find it unnecessary to correct their posts grammatically. You may have to rearrange some words but eventually you figure it out.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Perhaps the most detailed description of Ironton in this interminable thread was the recent post from countrywide35, who is not an Ironton fan. In fact, the largest percentage of his posts are about Jackson 8th grade basketball. His conclusions were based upon his own personal observation of Ironton at a 7-on-7 event in Jackson. Personal observations do incorporate perception, but his first-hand reporting counts for more than most of the hearsay scribbled herein by posters who have no clue about anything other than how to digitally pollute the internet with their own incessant, personal-agenda-based opinions. That said, I would agree that actual game results will be the ultimate proof of Pendleton's abilities. Until then, I would inveigh against any premature judgments one way or the other about this young man. I can only hope that everyone in the community grants Coach Pendleton a fair opportunity to do the job he has been entrusted to perform. It is the only moral way to behave.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

pembrook burrows III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:14 pm Perhaps the most detailed description of Ironton in this interminable thread was the recent post from countrywide35, who is not an Ironton fan. In fact, the largest percentage of his posts are about Jackson 8th grade basketball. His conclusions were based upon his own personal observation of Ironton at a 7-on-7 event in Jackson. Personal observations do incorporate perception, but his first-hand reporting counts for more than most of the hearsay scribbled herein by posters who have no clue about anything other than how to digitally pollute the internet with their own incessant, personal-agenda-based opinions. That said, I would agree that actual game results will be the ultimate proof of Pendleton's abilities. Until then, I would inveigh against any premature judgments one way or the other about this young man. I can only hope that everyone in the community grants Coach Pendleton a fair opportunity to do the job he has been entrusted to perform. It is the only moral way to behave.
Well that's the key. What will be considered success? Coach Vass had a couple of bad seasons, but he also had some good seasons as well. It's obvious that the Ironton district has changed, and their athletics have reflected that. My only concern is the longevity of stay with Coach Pendleton.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

once again all these haters talking about what Ironton is not going to be. Yet they stay on Ironton posts and tell us how burg lost 16 seniors and will still be favorites to win it all. But Ironton fans are crazy right. Under Vass no excitement or fire just going through the motions. Ironton people see the difference because we watched more than just the burg game the last 5 years.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

tigerfan98 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm once again all these haters talking about what Ironton is not going to be. Yet they stay on Ironton posts and tell us how burg lost 16 seniors and will still be favorites to win it all. But Ironton fans are crazy right. Under Vass no excitement or fire just going through the motions. Ironton people see the difference because we watched more than just the burg game the last 5 years.
I don’t think burg is the favorite to win it all but they return around 20 juniors now seniors. Quite a few of those saw starting or significant time. So they will be talented to have a chance. I believe what ironton fans are saying about excitement. Time will tell if that’s going to translate to wins.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg posters do seem to have an unhealthy fascination with Ironton football. I’ve yet to hear any Tiger poster say they would beat wheelersburg. That’s from an outsider .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:05 pm
ITSYABOY72 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Hope and work ethic.
I'm sorry but I don't understand that language. Maybe you should go back in the thread and adapt yourself to the Appalachian dialect. You will notice one poster write in all CAPS, making sure you read it out loud and take him serious. You will also notice many who find it unnecessary to correct their posts grammatically. You may have to rearrange some words but eventually you figure it out.
oh my garsh, I like to pee peed my brand new hanes underwear, that was awesome.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

ITSYABOY72 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:11 pm Final observation.
As it concerns week one vs Wheelersburg.

Ironton has added new talent? That is the only thing I can logically come up with that would indicate much deviation from the former staffs results vs Wheelersburg because it is clear, without prejudice or nuance, that Ironton does NOT have the same or a comparable grade of talent that Wheelersburg currently enjoys on either side of the ball. Nor do they have the depth at ANY position that Wheelersburg currently enjoys. What can we or should we be looking at that would indicate or support maybe theorizing that we could possibly see any different result?
Aah the return of BigCarl...there will never be "a final observation"

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Gone Country wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:32 am
ITSYABOY72 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:11 pm Final observation.
As it concerns week one vs Wheelersburg.

Ironton has added new talent? That is the only thing I can logically come up with that would indicate much deviation from the former staffs results vs Wheelersburg because it is clear, without prejudice or nuance, that Ironton does NOT have the same or a comparable grade of talent that Wheelersburg currently enjoys on either side of the ball. Nor do they have the depth at ANY position that Wheelersburg currently enjoys. What can we or should we be looking at that would indicate or support maybe theorizing that we could possibly see any different result?
Aah the return of BigCarl...there will never be "a final observation"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I thought the same thing!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Well I took a trip down to the Valley from up north here just to see the 7 0n 7 and see if there is a change in the Tigers. Well yes there is a change from what I seen at the Valley 7 0n 7. Ironton had about 30 kids there so that was good numbers. They were paying attention to what was going on and no horse playing around. The QB can throw the ball good but need some people to hang on to it. They look like they were in pretty good shape no big bellies on them but this was half backs QB's and receivers. I think they will be better than last year but I have not seen there linemen yet and that's what makes a real team. I might have to sneak down there to Ironton and put an eyeball on them and if they look anything like the Backs and Ends and no big bellies than they just might do something good this year. I sure hope so cause I missed going to all there games last year but on the other hand I loved watching the MAC teams play. It's early and wondering how long can these players keep that high tense go get it done attitude. We will find out when they put on the pads and start kicking ass who is real and who is for show. It will be interesting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GET AHOLD OF ME ONE FRIDAY, WE'LL GO DOWN TOGETHER FRIEND.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:28 am GET AHOLD OF ME ONE FRIDAY, WE'LL GO DOWN TOGETHER FRIEND.
Yes we will have to do that..

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anytime brother.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

knightruner wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:55 pm Well I took a trip down to the Valley from up north here just to see the 7 0n 7 and see if there is a change in the Tigers. Well yes there is a change from what I seen at the Valley 7 0n 7. Ironton had about 30 kids there so that was good numbers. They were paying attention to what was going on and no horse playing around. The QB can throw the ball good but need some people to hang on to it. They look like they were in pretty good shape no big bellies on them but this was half backs QB's and receivers. I think they will be better than last year but I have not seen there linemen yet and that's what makes a real team. I might have to sneak down there to Ironton and put an eyeball on them and if they look anything like the Backs and Ends and no big bellies than they just might do something good this year. I sure hope so cause I missed going to all there games last year but on the other hand I loved watching the MAC teams play. It's early and wondering how long can these players keep that high tense go get it done attitude. We will find out when they put on the pads and start kicking ass who is real and who is for show. It will be interesting.

at least somebody else was impressed as well with the way the Ironton Fighting Tigers looked at a 7-7......so true about putting the pads on but I agree with you.....the high tense energy and get it done attitude was seen as well that night in Jackson.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that sounds awesome.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I finally got to see the Fighting Tigers in the Passing event on Bob Lutz field at Tanks Memorial Stadium today. They looked pretty good, looks like the passing game is shaping up. The QB has a very nice arm, Receivers looked good with some nice catches. There’s still some work to do, but all in all, I was pleasantly surprised. The Backs, QB’s and Receiers definitely look to be in pretty good shape and hustled after each play. The Coaches were doing a great job teaching after each play as well. If the Lineman are working as hard, this should be a much improved Team.

Go Fighting Tigers.....

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:13 pm I finally got to see the Fighting Tigers in the Passing event on Bob Lutz field at Tanks Memorial Stadium today. They looked pretty good, looks like the passing game is shaping up. The QB has a very nice arm, Receivers looked good with some nice catches. There’s still some work to do, but all in all, I was pleasantly surprised. The Backs, QB’s and Receiers definitely look to be in pretty good shape and hustled after each play. The Coaches were doing a great job teaching after each play as well. If the Lineman are working as hard, this should be a much improved Team.

Go Fighting Tigers.....
The linemen are working their butts off too! It’s hard to really tell about a team with 7 on 7’s. The coaches are doing a great job with the boys. Can’t wait to see an actual scrimmage.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sounds great man.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Pendleton on the sports news last night locally.

Return to “Football”