Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Post by dazed&confused »

Look, OSU can keep Meyer by doing some legal gymnastics but the damage is done. What do you think other schools will be saying on the recruiting trail? The Buckeyes are going to eat a sh!t sandwich regardless of the outcome of the investigation. Welcome to 9-3 and Capital One bowls for the next five years

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I think the best thing would be to settle with Urban, make Day the head coach and limit the damage to recruiting. OSU gets credit for tackling the issue head on and has a dynamic new coach who can still retain recruits. Let the legal system take care of the domestic abuse issue.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:16 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 pm
Do you know anyone who has been a victim of spousal abuse? I do. It's not pretty. The spouse is mentally manipulated. Spare me the he man stuff
Spare me that you know the facts of "allegations".

Want to respond to the meat and potatoes of why all of a sudden Urban is to blame once she lost her alimony paycheck? Enlighten me since you know all the facts around this case.

And yes I know several. I also know several women who falsified stories to try and get attention and money.

Welcome to the world of money and sports
There are police reports, document trails and pictures of her with bruises. Your attitude is why a lot of victims of domestic violence don't come forward. We'll find the truth but dismissing this out of hand is ridiculous.
My attitude is that these are all "ALLEGATIONS" and people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. I never once said that I condoned any type of abuse.

Her entire story is shaky at best. Its all about getting paid dude. Spare me. If this was such a big deal before she would have blown the top off this months ago. Instead she did it once her ex got fired and has no income coming in to pay her alimony.

Wake up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:42 am Let the legal system take care of the domestic abuse issue.
Which is what the gold digger should have done in the first place. If someone is breaking into your house with a gun in Columbus, who are you going to call? Urban? Or the police......

Oh thats right. She called the police. Who found absolutely nothing each and every time they went to her residence. No bruises, no scratches, nothing.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 am
dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:16 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 pm
Spare me that you know the facts of "allegations".

Want to respond to the meat and potatoes of why all of a sudden Urban is to blame once she lost her alimony paycheck? Enlighten me since you know all the facts around this case.

And yes I know several. I also know several women who falsified stories to try and get attention and money.

Welcome to the world of money and sports
There are police reports, document trails and pictures of her with bruises. Your attitude is why a lot of victims of domestic violence don't come forward. We'll find the truth but dismissing this out of hand is ridiculous.
My attitude is that these are all "ALLEGATIONS" and people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. I never once said that I condoned any type of abuse.

Her entire story is shaky at best. Its all about getting paid dude. Spare me. If this was such a big deal before she would have blown the top off this months ago. Instead she did it once her ex got fired and has no income coming in to pay her alimony.

Wake up.
I'd prefer not being referred to as "dude." There are too many "dudes" in athletics. Never been an athlete and I'm not a proponent of elevating athletics above righteousness. I'm an OSU fan. Never attended the school and darn sure don't wear scarlet and gray glasses.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Dazed- please explain this to me:

2015: Ms Smith still married to Zach. Doesnt work and lives off the husbands big income. Called police and no charges were ever filed because there were zero signs of domestic abuse.
2016: Still married to Zach and still living off husband's big income. Gets divorced and gets a big alimony/child support check
2017: Still living off big alimony/child support check
2018: Still living off big alimony/child support check
late July 2018: Ex husband gets fired for a "non domestic abuse charge" and gets fired. Uh oh.....no more big alimony/child support check. She realizes that she can supplement that income by going in front of liberal news media and blaming it all on Urban and OSU. Realizes that she can get paid handily for doing so. Also realizes that OSU is the cash cow in all of this and Urban is the big stone to step on in doing so.

Says that she "Feared for her life and her kid's lives" on national tv, but she never did so to the point of ever pressing charges. Said that "Urban should have done something as the football coach". Said "This is not the type of person that should be around young men" even though from 2016-May 2018 she was just fine having their kids in his sole possession as long as he was not at her residence.

Please explain how this is not about money.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And I dont wear scarlet and gray glasses either.....dont need them to see some ex wife trying to hit the OSU lottery once the alimony/child support money runs out.......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow this is crazy, as for me. I have no opinion that I'd state publically until I know more details. but if I had a neighbor that the same thing was alledged of him i'd feel the same way. the wife may tell my wife the same thing. but if I see no signs of it, and nor do the police. how can they hold me responsible because I'm his neighbor.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

even if there was bruising how do I know she did not do that to herself. divorces are crazy, I been through one 37 years ago. it's a crazy world out there. and then you throw money into the mix, and it can get crazy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:31 am And I dont wear scarlet and gray glasses either.....dont need them to see some ex wife trying to hit the OSU lottery once the alimony/child support money runs out.......
Just a question...how is she hitting the lottery? She's not going to get anything out of this. I'm not judge and jury but.....don't say you didn't know ANYTHING about this in public if you (probably) did? No one is above the law. This ain't Woody in the 60s. It's a new era. Now you can lament that fact but you can't deny it. Time to move on.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 am even if there was bruising how do I know she did not do that to herself. divorces are crazy, I been through one 37 years ago. it's a crazy world out there. and then you throw money into the mix, and it can get crazy.
Oh Bait, I want to give you benefit of the doubt. I don't want to go into too many details but in my personal life I know how women are controlled and terrified. Do you really think she would inflict bruises on herself? To what purpose would she do that? I think this deserves a day in court and I'm willing to wait for that but tOSU can't wait for that. In today's environment, they must act immediately to insulate themselves and provide time for a proper investigation. I hope the worst is not true in this but we must believe it is possible until proven otherwise. Like i said, we ain't dealing with the Woody era anymore. Do you want to be the next Penn St.?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:12 am If Shelly knew about the abuse and supposedly there are texts to back that up, it strains credibility to believe she didn't talk about it to Urban. If she knew and somehow didn't tell Urban, she is in violation of Title IX. She is an employee of tOSU. Either way, the BIGGEST problem is Urban standing up in front of the media in Chicago last week and doing his impression of Sgt. Schulz.
Shelley might have "legal" problems of her own in failing to report the alleged abuse. She is a university employee at the hospital/medical school and is subject to "must report" rules of not only the University but the State of Ohio. This might be where coach Meyer falls upon his sword to save his wife from harm. Plea bargaining if you will.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Correct. I'm looking at this from a legal and HR perspective. OSU football is a public entity subject to any and all laws and regulations. The legal system will deal with the domestic abuse part of this. OSU must deal with the institutional part of it.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Jim Harbuagh- Hey NE Ohio, how about coming to Michigan😯

John Cooper- How do you like me now?😂

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The most damning thing of this situation is the rule under Title IX.. If Urban Meyers wife knew of the abuse she's required by Title IX to report that. Because she also is employed by Ohio State I believe. Regardless, all of this is a huge mess and makes Ohio State look really bad.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:09 am wow this is crazy, as for me. I have no opinion that I'd state publically until I know more details. but if I had a neighbor that the same thing was alledged of him i'd feel the same way. the wife may tell my wife the same thing. but if I see no signs of it, and nor do the police. how can they hold me responsible because I'm his neighbor.
The issue has devolved from one of is there evidence of actual abuse that would support a conviction in a criminal court of law to one of failure to report suspected abuse to the University or other appropriate authority. The key phrase here is suspected abuse. Urban was/is required to report even suspected abuse under his contract and both Meyer and his wife are required to report even suspected abuse under University policy.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I think money probably did play a roll but I also think Meyer knew something was going on. This didn't just start in 2015 it goes all the way back to 2009 when they were at Florida together. It was reported he was arrested many times for domestic issues but ultimately was never charged for whatever reasons. I agree with omega I think he could resign just to spare his wife the stress of knowing this is coming down on her.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I feel OSU did what they had to to stop the bleeding after this exploded on media yesterday. Yes, they are going to do an investigation but also probably keeping their finger in the wind to see if events unfold that will allow this to cool off to the point they can work something out short of firing Meyer. I'm sure they're on the phone to the NCAA and have legal counsel on speed dial.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

when it rains it pours

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion