2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Post by falcon117 »

14U wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am You figure if your wife is making the schedule she would be getting home games and games you can win for computer points. Like KY and WV teams, big school but not good enough to beat you!! Back in the 90’s and 2000’s up until 2010 Ironton, Portsmouth and Burg did it and got huge points!! Also how does ur wife hire you being athletic director? Or did she step down until he was hired then came back as his boss? I heard a lot of things are going on behind the doors no control on players. Last year in locker room and showers and again this year. That’s what you get when your wife is ur boss and don’t come down hard on you, just slap hands!! I know this is true because it was on social media and it’s happening again this year.i was shown, sad, 2 years in a row. I know Matiz will not take that crap and there will be discipline. He is ur old school kind of guy, great man!
"I know this is true because it was on social media" might be the best comment I have seen on here. Social media never lies....

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Any idea on who the QB will be from practices/ 7v7?*

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

falcon117 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:08 am
14U wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am You figure if your wife is making the schedule she would be getting home games and games you can win for computer points. Like KY and WV teams, big school but not good enough to beat you!! Back in the 90’s and 2000’s up until 2010 Ironton, Portsmouth and Burg did it and got huge points!! Also how does ur wife hire you being athletic director? Or did she step down until he was hired then came back as his boss? I heard a lot of things are going on behind the doors no control on players. Last year in locker room and showers and again this year. That’s what you get when your wife is ur boss and don’t come down hard on you, just slap hands!! I know this is true because it was on social media and it’s happening again this year.i was shown, sad, 2 years in a row. I know Matiz will not take that crap and there will be discipline. He is ur old school kind of guy, great man!
"I know this is true because it was on social media" might be the best comment I have seen on here. Social media never lies....
I was thinking the same thing! I heard from players in person that this year much more structured and disciplined and conditioning is more strenuous. Sounds like 14u is a upset parent and the season hasn’t started yet. And the four homes games happened because of a contract signed by minford and rock hill under Daniels. Also you have no idea how scheduling works both squads have to have open dates and want to play It’s alot harder than you realize.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 am Any idea on who the QB will be from practices/ 7v7?*
As of right now, it appears to be an even battle between Kelly and Vogelsong-Lewis. If I had to guess, they won't have a starter picked out until after the 2nd scrimmage.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

I like they are competing for the job, I just feel like Kelly's talent is outside getting touches at another skill position. Best of luck to both young men.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm
I was thinking the same thing! I heard from players in person that this year much more structured and disciplined and conditioning is more strenuous. Sounds like 14u is a upset parent and the season hasn’t started yet. And the four homes games happened because of a contract signed by minford and rock hill under Daniels. Also you have no idea how scheduling works both squads have to have open dates and want to play It’s alot harder than you realize.
You got me!! Concerned parent. When it’s on social media that’s bad. I know schedules are made years ahead but just couple years back she was hunting for games and was told to look in Ky or Wv for big points. Those two states are not football states and mega computer points!! I wish our boys the best but if they don’t start getting discipline it’s over before it starts, running the show not parents, putting players in the position they need to be in etc!! Or it’s going to be a 4-6 season.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

You got that right!! When the players pics are on there and put the schools name, sad! Thought after last year it wouldn’t happen again but it is or was. During weights one player got hurt in face because of the horse play. I just hope they got it under control..

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

14U wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:26 am
You got that right!! When the players pics are on there and put the schools name, sad! Thought after last year it wouldn’t happen again but it is or was. During weights one player got hurt in face because of the horse play. I just hope they got it under control..
That last sentence is 100% false. And you can’t make other schools play you if they don’t have openings or they don’t want too.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I really hope Minford makes strides in the right direction this year. But as seen on SEOPS the constant bickering back and forth is the exact thing that has this program where it is today. When kids hear it from their parents at home, it bleeds into the locker room. Just support whoever is starting over your kid. Push your kid to win the spot back. But it seems kind of impossible with the atmosphere in that community.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 pm I really hope Minford makes strides in the right direction this year. But as seen on SEOPS the constant bickering back and forth is the exact thing that has this program where it is today. When kids hear it from their parents at home, it bleeds into the locker room. Just support whoever is starting over your kid. Push your kid to win the spot back. But it seems kind of impossible with the atmosphere in that community.
For one, SEOPS has absolutely no influence on a football program. Mostly because the people on here have nothing to do with the program itself. The success/failure of a program solely lies at the leadership up top and the environment they choose for their program. Some coaches have the capability to get every kid to buy into a system even if they are not going to touch the field. Other coaches struggle with that. Before parents complain about playing time or other nonsense they have no idea about, they need to realize that they themselves are not at practice, summer weights, conditioning, film time, etc. Minford practices are not open for the public to come watch, and no parents are trying very hard to get a glimpse either. You have based your opinion and statement about an entire community around a few people on a public blog that ANYONE can say WHATEVER they want.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

falcon117 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 pm I really hope Minford makes strides in the right direction this year. But as seen on SEOPS the constant bickering back and forth is the exact thing that has this program where it is today. When kids hear it from their parents at home, it bleeds into the locker room. Just support whoever is starting over your kid. Push your kid to win the spot back. But it seems kind of impossible with the atmosphere in that community.
For one, SEOPS has absolutely no influence on a football program. Mostly because the people on here have nothing to do with the program itself. The success/failure of a program solely lies at the leadership up top and the environment they choose for their program. Some coaches have the capability to get every kid to buy into a system even if they are not going to touch the field. Other coaches struggle with that. Before parents complain about playing time or other nonsense they have no idea about, they need to realize that they themselves are not at practice, summer weights, conditioning, film time, etc. Minford practices are not open for the public to come watch, and no parents are trying very hard to get a glimpse either. You have based your opinion and statement about an entire community around a few people on a public blog that ANYONE can say WHATEVER they want.
No, SEOPS doesn’t. You are correct. But as I said previously, the comments on here are the same ones being made in the community. It’s daddy ball. Not saying the coaches kid or whatever. I’m saying the coaches friends kid. The clicks. That’s how it’s all ran. From top to bottom. Only worrying about certain kids. That’s why you don’t have kids bought in. That’s the cancer. Why should they try, knowing it doesn’t really matter?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

While I agree with the point of "team" mentality that your post was trying to illustrate, I hardly think there is constant "bickering" among the Minford fans on here or in the community. The Minford program took a complete nosedive when Ruby took over. To single it out on one particular issue is not fair as we saw a decline in the overall coaching staff, weight program, etc. This year the coaching staff is much improved to what Ruby had the past 2 years. I know they have changed the weight/conditioning philosophy as well and it is apparent in the look of some of the kids after only one offseason.

They are still dealing with 14-18 year old kids in Minford, far different than the 18-21 year olds that roam the gridiron at Burg :lol: :lol:
So we will just call it a difference in maturity.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Ruby on the hot seat? And here we go again with the age crap, jealous ones still envy I guess. :lol:

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:37 am
While I agree with the point of "team" mentality that your post was trying to illustrate, I hardly think there is constant "bickering" among the Minford fans on here or in the community. The Minford program took a complete nosedive when Ruby took over. To single it out on one particular issue is not fair as we saw a decline in the overall coaching staff, weight program, etc. This year the coaching staff is much improved to what Ruby had the past 2 years. I know they have changed the weight/conditioning philosophy as well and it is apparent in the look of some of the kids after only one offseason.

They are still dealing with 14-18 year old kids in Minford, far different than the 18-21 year olds that roam the gridiron at Burg :lol: :lol:
According to the OHSAA Regulations on age, it states that where a high school student (grades 9-12) turns 20 years of age, he/she becomes ineligible for interscholastic athletics. So , therefore there are not any 20 or 21 year olds roaming the gridiron at Burg.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

😂😂 touché.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

2quick2catch wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 am Ruby on the hot seat? And here we go again with the age crap, jealous ones still envy I guess. :lol:
Just facts. Not jealousy. I guess we have 20 year old juniors at Minford too......college juniors that is.

I am in favor of the new age rule. Once you hit 20, you're done.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

a_c_m wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:03 am

According to the OHSAA Regulations on age, it states that where a high school student (grades 9-12) turns 20 years of age, he/she becomes ineligible for interscholastic athletics. So , therefore there are not any 20 or 21 year olds roaming the gridiron at Burg.
There definitely was last year, and the previous year, and the year before that.....etc etc.

Want to dispute? I am sure it would only take me a few minutes to throw a large list together.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

there has NEVER i repeat NEVER been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere. saying otherwise is STUPID and WRONG. the new rule allows the oldest players in history!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Blitz wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 am there has NEVER i repeat NEVER been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere. saying otherwise is STUPID and WRONG. the new rule allows the oldest players in history!
I wouldn’t say “never” but really even if they are 19 during a season it makes a big difference especially in boys.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm
Blitz wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 am there has NEVER i repeat NEVER been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere. saying otherwise is STUPID and WRONG. the new rule allows the oldest players in history!
I wouldn’t say “never” but really even if they are 19 during a season it makes a big difference especially in boys.
I 110% agree it makes a difference. I just get tired of all the idiots claiming Burg and other schools have 20 somethings playing sports.... it's just STUPID and incorrect. Playing at 19 is the rule so why complain about a team following the rules.... again it's just stupid. i am willing to bet that every SOC II team has 19 year old on their team.... some more than others ;)

Return to “Football”