Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Cattywampus »

Trimble.

Raider
Waterboy

Post by Raider »

Looking at the top teams from last yr.
Danville will be down, lost a lot to graduation, plus tough schedule, good chance to not host rd1, should finish 5th-10th in region. If they win some close games they might slip into 4th.
Waterford should be tough, looking at them hosting in 1st Rd, probably 3rd in region
Harvest Prep lost a big piece of their offense to graduation but should end up in top 5 in region. Maybe hosting, maybe not. Don't count them out, they could make a run.
Lucas lost a top RB & players off OL to graduation but have a lot coming back. A lot of expereience returning. Should be fighting with Trimble for top spot. Would be a rematch of Rd 1 last yr.
Trimble should be the favorite to win region. They were a young team last yr & return almost everyone and have expexperience vs Lucas & Danville. This is their yr.
River lost a lot to graduation, I don't see them doing much.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

Raider wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:56 am Looking at the top teams from last yr.
Danville will be down, lost a lot to graduation, plus tough schedule, good chance to not host rd1, should finish 5th-10th in region. If they win some close games they might slip into 4th.
Waterford should be tough, looking at them hosting in 1st Rd, probably 3rd in region
Harvest Prep lost a big piece of their offense to graduation but should end up in top 5 in region. Maybe hosting, maybe not. Don't count them out, they could make a run.
Lucas lost a top RB & players off OL to graduation but have a lot coming back. A lot of expereience returning. Should be fighting with Trimble for top spot. Would be a rematch of Rd 1 last yr.
Trimble should be the favorite to win region. They were a young team last yr & return almost everyone and have expexperience vs Lucas & Danville. This is their yr.
I see Trimble and Waterford playing in regional final this year. It would be a blood bath.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:13 am
I see Trimble and Waterford playing in regional final this year. It would be a blood bath.

Definitely could see this happen because with high school kids, you just never know. I don't know a whole lot about Waterford, can you give me a quick breakdown? I know they got upset in the playoffs last season. Do they have a lot of talent coming back?

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

MillSt wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Definitely could see this happen because with high school kids, you just never know. I don't know a whole lot about Waterford, can you give me a quick breakdown? I know they got upset in the playoffs last season. Do they have a lot of talent coming back?
In a sense yes. RB Braden Bellville is the standout returner. Approx. 1800yds rushing 30td last year. But they also have returning QB Peyten Stephens, WR/QB Zane Heiss, WR George Pantelidas. I believe 4 returning lineman who started at least 5 games last year. Colin Jackson, Brock Hayes, Ethan Hinton, Hayden Reynolds. Most of those players also played both ways last year. So returning a good bit and they have nearly a 40 man roster.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:35 pm

In a sense yes. RB Braden Bellville is the standout returner. Approx. 1800yds rushing 30td last year. But they also have returning QB Peyten Stephens, WR/QB Zane Heiss, WR George Pantelidas. I believe 4 returning lineman who started at least 5 games last year. Colin Jackson, Brock Hayes, Ethan Hinton, Hayden Reynolds. Most of those players also played both ways last year. So returning a good bit and they have nearly a 40 man roster.

That sounds like a lot of experience returning for sure. How has Waterford looked in their scrimmages?

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

I agree, it will be a Lucas-Trimble Region 27 final. Both teams are returning a lot of talent. I attended last year's first round playoff game and it easily could have went either way. This year, in a rematch, and for the Region 27 crown......In a barn burner, I'll take Lucas to get to the Final 4. As for River and Danville, they both lost a ton including All-Ohio QBs.
formerfcfan wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 pm Logical brain says: Lucas or Trimble

Drunk brain says: Fisher about to hang 50 on everyone in the playoffs

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

After week one there's always a lot of questions remaining. I was at the Trimble game and they look TOUGH but NY didn't impress me, they look unorganized and blew a lot of opportunities. Waterford got a little revenge on Sciotoville East, beating them badly but I wonder how good East will be this yr. Lucas beat Danville (the 2017 Region 27 winner) but did Danville graduate the farm? Harvest Prep beat Bexley but Bex was 0-10 last yr. And Rosecrans won but that matchup looks to be along the same lines as HP. We'll have to wait and see I guess. I love this time of year! Can't wait for week 2

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Harvest Prep will be a tough out in this region. They'll play Franklin Heights and Mifflin the next two weeks, both of them are D2.

InReality
Riding the Bench

Post by InReality »

MillSt wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:53 am
bbtrucking.inc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:35 pm

That sounds like a lot of experience returning for sure. How has Waterford looked in their scrimmages?
Little late on a response... Waterford played even in scrimmages against Bishop Rosecrans and Crooksville... looked like a basic offense. First game was 55-0 against sciotoville east. We have one crazy game on our hands week 6. (Waterford vs. Trimble)

InReality
Riding the Bench

Post by InReality »

Waterford or Trimble should take the crown this year.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

It’s too early to tell if Fisher is going to be good enough to make it after a 12-year absence, let alone good enough to give people fits in week 11.

I will say, however, that last Friday night was very exciting and encouraging. Pure domination. If we can keep improving, week-by-week, keep up the solid work and continue to be stingy on defense, I think that the Region 27 picture just got one team deeper. One week, at a time, though.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

I agree, too early to tell. I'm not ready to jump on Fisher Catholic as a top tier team yet. I know its a catholic school and things happen but going 0-10 last yr to becoming a dominate force? I'd think it'd take more than 1 off-season, but we really won't know until week 9 and 10, (Harvest Prep & Rosecrans). I think their schedule is pretty soft for the most part until then. My money is on Trimble. I think they'll beat Waterford week 6 and will be 10-0 heading into playoffs. Lucas is another one that i like. Have you seen their schedule? They play a lot of schools outside of D7. It'll be interesting to see how they do. That schedule could give Lucas a lot of points.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

I'm telling you boys, Lucas v Trimble for the Region 27 crown. Lucas could have dropped 40+ on last years champ. Held them to 100 yards of offense. This team is motivated after last years one point loss to Trimble. They have the schedule to get the #1 seed as well.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MillSt wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:38 am I agree, too early to tell. I'm not ready to jump on Fisher Catholic as a top tier team yet. I know its a catholic school and things happen but going 0-10 last yr to becoming a dominate force? I'd think it'd take more than 1 off-season, but we really won't know until week 9 and 10, (Harvest Prep & Rosecrans). I think their schedule is pretty soft for the most part until then.My money is on Trimble. I think they'll beat Waterford week 6 and will be 10-0 heading into playoffs. Lucas is another one that i like. Have you seen their schedule? They play a lot of schools outside of D7. It'll be interesting to see how they do. That schedule could give Lucas a lot of points.
Yeah, I don’t agree on the bolded.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:35 pm
MillSt wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:38 am I agree, too early to tell. I'm not ready to jump on Fisher Catholic as a top tier team yet. I know its a catholic school and things happen but going 0-10 last yr to becoming a dominate force? I'd think it'd take more than 1 off-season, but we really won't know until week 9 and 10, (Harvest Prep & Rosecrans). I think their schedule is pretty soft for the most part until then.My money is on Trimble. I think they'll beat Waterford week 6 and will be 10-0 heading into playoffs. Lucas is another one that i like. Have you seen their schedule? They play a lot of schools outside of D7. It'll be interesting to see how they do. That schedule could give Lucas a lot of points.
Yeah, I don’t agree on the bolded.

I respect your point of view but I'm basing my comment on how many of the teams on Fishers schedule will even sniff the playoffs. I see 2, HP and Rosecrans

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

That’s fair. One storyline that will be interesting in Region 27 is the MSL-Cardinal vs non-league. 6-0 in week 1/5-0 of the MSL teams who are in Region 27 (not counting FCA sh***ing the bed versus the club team — no points either way.) Grove City Christian may go 4-0 out of conference. Berne Union has a questionable game vs Columbus South, but should beat Newcomerstown. Rosecrans will beat Ports ND, dunno about Grandview (prob not?) HP vs their opponents - who knows?? Going to be great for the league to rack up as many L1’s as possible before conference play starts.

I’m getting ahead of myself with playoff talk, lmao. We gotta take care of business against a curious Crestline team (they have two WR’s 6’5”+, but appear to be a mediocre to average D7.)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I’ve seen Rosecrans mentioned before, but not too in depth.

I admire, respect and fear the Rosecrans program for how competitive they are and how well they play the game.

But, Rosecrans only has 16 players (per the Zanesville Times-Recorder.) Week 10 vs us, well... who knows what could happen between then and now.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

Max Prep OH Division VII High School Football Rankings
Rankings updated: Tuesday, Last update: 8/26/2018
1. Minster, 1-0
2. Crestview (Convoy), 1-0
3. St. Paul (Norwalk), 1-0
4. Cuyahoga Heights (Cleveland), 1-0
5. East Canton, 1-0
6. St. John's (Delphos), 1-0
7. New Bremen, 1-0
8. Leipsic, 1-0
9. Calvert (Tiffin), 1-0
10. Pandora-Gilboa (Pandora), 1-0
11. Lucas, 1-0 (REGION 27)
12. Trimble (Glouster), 1-0 (REGION 27)
13. Arlington, 1-0
14. Edgerton, 1-0
15. Lehman Catholic (Sidney), 0-1
16. McComb, 1-0
17. Mohawk (Sycamore), 1-0
18. Danville, 0-1 (REGION 27)
19. Dalton, 0-1
20. Fort Loramie, 0-1
21. Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester), 1-0 (REGION 27)
22. Valley Christian (Youngstown), 1-0
23. Waterford, 1-0 (REGION 27)
24. Monroeville, 0-1
25. Plymouth, 1-0

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Division VII rankings
Updated 27-Aug-2018 9:07AM
Week 1 complete
Scores & schedules courtesy of Joe Eitel

1. #143 Minster (1-0 D7 R28)
2. #174 Cuyahoga Heights (1-0 D7 R25)
3. #235 Delphos St John's (1-0 D7 R28)
4. #239 Norwalk St Paul (1-0 D7 R26)
5. #255 Convoy Crestview (1-0 D7 R28)
6. #287 McComb (1-0 D7 R26)
7. #295 Glouster Trimble (1-0 D7 R27)
8. #336 Lucas (1-0 D7 R27)
9. #344 East Canton (1-0 D7 R25)
10. #357 Pandora-Gilboa (1-0 D7 R26)
11. #370 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep (1-0 D7 R27)
12. #375 Tiffin Calvert (1-0 D7 R26)
13. #381 Sidney Lehman Catholic (0-1 D7 R28)
14. #384 Sycamore Mohawk (1-0 D7 R26)
15. #397 New Bremen (1-0 D7 R28)
16. #403 Leipsic (1-0 D7 R26)
17. #415 Arlington (1-0 D7 R26)
18. #432 Bascom Hopewell-Loudon (1-0 D7 R26)
19. #439 Fort Loramie (0-1 D7 R28)
20. #443 Edgerton (1-0 D7 R26)
21. #458 Dalton (0-1 D7 R25)
22. #461 Hamler Patrick Henry (0-1 D7 R26)
23. #469 Lisbon David Anderson (1-0 D7 R25)
24. #470 Danville (0-1 D7 R27)
25. #479 Warren John F Kennedy (1-0 D7 R25)

Return to “Football”