Cleveland Browns 2018

farmer
SEOP

Re: Cleveland Browns 2018

Post by farmer »

There you go jumping to conclusions. The ammo and gun parts he was taking them to be gold plated. Then made into a chain for him to wear. Sure all the cameras around Browns camp are looking to find a good story to put on HBO.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

farmer wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:40 pm There you go jumping to conclusions. The ammo and gun parts he was taking them to be gold plated. Then made into a chain for him to wear. Sure all the cameras around Browns camp are looking to find a good story to put on HBO.
Yea, youre probably right. After all, it's the Browns we're talking about, not some loose run loser of a team. :oops:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The big thing is he just moved up to first team before this. Would not surprise me if he tried to come up with a story just like I did. Maybe Laundry can help him to see what a professional needs to do. As well as Joe Thomas come back to mentor. This only works if Calloway makes a commitment to not hang around those who will bring him down as well as himself realizing he must change or is out of the NFL.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

What do Brown's fans want to see out of the first preseason game tonight? We went undefeated in preseason last year. That worked out well. I want to see if Taylor can get some first downs and seem to have a grip of the offense. Other than that, I'm not interested in the score. Whatever Mayfield does is inconsequential. Also, are Hugh and Haley on the same page? Seems to be some friction there.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This is the time when a lot of starters hardly/don't play. Chance to hit someone other than a team mate. Main thing is to not get anyone hurt. Then see how young players play. Try some new things. Also get the coaches back to real game situations in evaluating players. Score doesn't mean anything. I remember a high school coach called timeout right before the last play of a preview game. He comes onto the field telling the receiver to go 15 yards and bend out to the trash can on the sideline. Because he didn't want to show other teams scouting a play he would use during the season. That is what preseason is.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Granted it was only one preseason game but I don't remember a rookie QB looking that good for the Browns in their first game ! He was really poised albeit against mostly backups. If Calloway can stay away from the hippy lettuce he could be dangerous. I see why Dorsey took a chance on him now but he will only be as good as his off field behavior. Receiving corps looked pretty solid. Taylor looked good in his limited time. Bad news is the running game was horrible! Which makes the QB play all that more impressive. Defense was pretty solid after that first play. Penalties were a huge problem that needs fixed. I will be interested to see if they call them taunting penalties in the regular season. A few years ago they were supposed to clean all that celebration crap up but once the regular season started it was all but forgotten. All in all a good start to the preseason. Browns are Super Bowl champs of preseason since last year! :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

About the running game....I don't know but I wonder if that was an area of concentration for NY defense? Maybe that was a weakness that they were keying on to get work in. If they were selling out for run defense, it could be why the Browns passing game looked so good. Everyone buckle in. Its only the first preseason game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Everybody in the media needs to pump the brakes who are saying the Browns offense looked so great. Last year the Giants were horrible on defense ranking next to last and their pass defense was worse than the run. They won't get a good test until week 3 when Philly comes to town for the dress rehearsal

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Hue is saying he kept Calloway in the game as punishment for the traffic stop.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

That is a way of seeing if he is worth putting more time in or saying good bye. Depending how Calloway handled it during and after the game.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Well at least he's in camp and contributing. Time for Gordon to fish or cut bait.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

The Browns will be changing unis again in 2020. Hey Jimmy...ur... Dee, go back to the classic look of the 60s

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

maybe the 60s uniform will bring back some 60s type records

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

BROWNS WIN BROWNS WIN
Dez Bryant leaves Cleveland without a contract.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

will Gordon make a return?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:34 pm will Gordon make a return?
Some stories out is that Gordon is out because of not wanting to pay child support. It didn't go into more but maybe he is having an emotional break down over paying. The stress of life. Whatever is really going on may not come out for a while.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I have heard rumors he wants to skip training camp to avoid the hard knocks show.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Good start to the game. Running game makes an appearance

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

down goes another undefeated preseason. i guess the pressure to repeat is off them now ha. the brownies found their runnin shoes tonight and the varsity defense was stellar. Mayfield had another good game leading the backups to two scores and no turnovers. all in all not to bad but they got a toughie next week we see how they respond.

Return to “Pro Sports”