Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK1 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:43 am good luck to the fighting tigers tonight as they scrimmage a very strong Portsmouth west squad.as they are getting ready for their opener next week with wheelersburg.
This will be a great opportunity to see how they do the little things. Blocking, tackling, pursuit. To see how they handle themselves when things aren't going their way.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Something to remember - when Bob Lutz took over at Ironton in the early 70's, he lost his first two games. And he was not asked to play the defending State champs in game one. So everyone needs to be cool. Wheelersburg did not get to where it is today in 4 weeks of August practices.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

absolutely. but in bob's 1st or 2nd year he was in a state championship game as well. so one never knows the other side of the coin.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

1972 Bob Lutz 8-2-0

Ironton Opp
Columbus DeSales (H) 0 7
Portsmouth (A) 7 12
Waverly (H) 39 14
Athens (A) 6 0
Meigs (H) 37 0
Logan (A) 7 0
Wellston (H) 43 0
Gallipolis (A) 46 14
Jackson (A) 28 6
Fairborn Park Hills (H) 14 0
Totals 227 53

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

pembrook burrows III wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:08 pm Something to remember - when Bob Lutz took over at Ironton in the early 70's, he lost his first two games. And he was not asked to play the defending State champs in game one. So everyone needs to be cool. Wheelersburg did not get to where it is today in 4 weeks of August practices.
The game has changed so much since lutz days. Where running the ball was 90% of the offense. Why do irontonians keep referring to lutz?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Totals 227 53

1973 Bob Lutz 11-1-0

Ironton Opp
Huntington High WV (A) 35 20
Portsmouth (H) 23 6
Huntington East WV (A) 20 0
Jackson (H) 28 14
Waverly (A) 50 8
Athens (H) 14 6
Meigs (A) 13 6
Logan (H) 22 0
Wellston (A) 27 6
Gallipolis (H) 14 7

Total Regular Season
246 73
PLAYOFFS
Cincinnati Reading (N) State-Semi-Final @ Fulton Field - Lancaster 7 0
Cleveland Benedictine (N) State Championship @ Paul Brown Stadium - Massillon 13 38
Totals 266 111

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey i know it's ancient history. but it's still cool to have a history to talk about. don't think tiger fans will ever forget all those games, nor do I expect burg ever will either. it's part of history to talk about history. though it has nothing to do with right now what so ever.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

laser breath wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:15 pm
pembrook burrows III wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:08 pm Something to remember - when Bob Lutz took over at Ironton in the early 70's, he lost his first two games. And he was not asked to play the defending State champs in game one. So everyone needs to be cool. Wheelersburg did not get to where it is today in 4 weeks of August practices.
The game has changed so much since lutz days. Where running the ball was 90% of the offense. Why do irontonians keep referring to lutz?
I can answer that. ''CAUSE HE COACHED THERE 40 YEARS, HE COACHED US, OUR KIDS, AND GRANDKIDS''.

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COACH PENDLETON AT ALL. JUST AN ILLUSTRIOUS HONOR TO COACH THERE, HE'LL MAKE HIS MARK SOON ENOUGH.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I MEAN LOOK AT THOSE SCHEDULES PEOPLE. IT WAS LIKE THAT EVERY YEAR. HOW CAN YOU NOT REFLECT ON IT. JUST LIKE BURG'S 2 TITLES. NOBODY ELSE CAN TALK ABOUT THAT FOOTBALL WISE DOWN HERE, THAN BURG N IRONTON. IT'S A PURTY BIG DEAL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have been doin yardwork all day.just got out of the shower n scrubbed the barnacles off of me. I'm fresh as a daisy now. guess what , I'm sittin here in waverly with an ironton football tee shirt on from bob linn's sporting goods in ironton. it's no diss on waverly, I lived in ironton, played ball in ironton and graduated from ironton, my family lives in ironton all but 1 son. why wouldn't we talk about ironton football. honestly, some of you need to get a life. not everybody who mentions bob lutz or ironton football mentioned it so they can argue on the premiere site in ohio. so if we are, it may well continue. I tip my hat to coach Pendleton and his staff and wish them all the luck in the world, as I did with the previous staff.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

So tell me again how much the gap has closed. 😂

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

This game is going to be bad. Very bad.

Full Stop

Irontons offensive line is undersized and slow - STILL

Irontons depth is non existent - STILL

Ironton has no real playmaker speed at ANY position - STILL

Ironton will still miss tackles and commit turnovers at a pretty steady clip.

The only so called bright spot ,( @ QB) is nuetralized by both poor offensive line execution and depth which will provide mediocre protection at best - and average decision making at the position.

Note that almost all decisions made by this QB will be under constant pressure this season due to offensive line.

The defense will still struggle to defend against teams that spred them out.

Final prediction consistent with years past.

Wheelersburg 45
Ironton 7

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Just think Ironton don't have enough fire power this year!

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

And very unlikely to have firepower ANY year.

I noticed earlier in the summer lots of false claims concerning Irontons numbers and at the end of the day we see Ironton still hovers around the mid 40's - roster.

The talent pool is never going to grow. Only gradually get smaller.

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

ITSYABOY72 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 pm This game is going to be bad. Very bad.

Full Stop

The only so called bright spot ,( @ QB) is nuetralized by both poor offensive line execution and depth which will provide mediocre protection at best - and average decision making at the position.

Note that almost all decisions made by this QB will be under constant pressure this season due to offensive line.

The defense will still struggle to defend against teams that spred them out. - THEY ARE SLOW!

Wheelersburg 45
Ironton 7

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

😁

Go Fighting Tigers......

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

ITSYABOY72 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 pm This game is going to be bad. Very bad.

Full Stop

The defense will still struggle to defend against teams that spred them out.

Wheelersburg 45
Ironton 7
Sounds like last year or is this just sour grapes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope to see everybody proved wrong Friday night with a very hard fought, well disciplined effort by the fighting tigers.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg will name the score in this one. I say the clock will run the majority of the 2nd half.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:26 am I hope to see everybody proved wrong Friday night with a very hard fought, well disciplined effort by the fighting tigers.
The latter may be true. But they aren’t going to prove anyone wrong on Friday night. Take that to the bank.

Return to “Football”