2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Minford might win 2 games it’s going to be a long season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Falcons had better get there act together before going to Rock Hill.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Here we go again .

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Man, you guys jumping off Falcon bandwagon before season even starts. Rough crowd out there!*

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:18 am Man, you guys jumping off Falcon bandwagon before season even starts. Rough crowd out there!*
Well, no one has mentioned anything about Fairland? Are they going to be good, or are the Falcons in for more of the same?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Vike73 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:07 am
art_vandelay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:18 am Man, you guys jumping off Falcon bandwagon before season even starts. Rough crowd out there!*
Well, no one has mentioned anything about Fairland? Are they going to be good, or are the Falcons in for more of the same?
Watched Fairland at the OVC previews. They didn’t have a Defense. The way they will win games is by out scoring their opponent. So if a team can shut down their offense then I would say they beat fairland, because they aren’t going to stop many teams from scoring. Lol

94dragons
Waterboy

Post by 94dragons »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:42 am
Watched Fairland at the OVC previews. They didn’t have a Defense. The way they will win games is by out scoring their opponent. So if a team can shut down their offense then I would say they beat fairland, because they aren’t going to stop many teams from scoring. Lol
I wouldn't take much from what you saw at the Previews bc Fairland only played their starting Offense for 1 series and played their JV defense the entire game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:42 am
That was pretty much their MO from last year though, I mean defense hasn't exactly been their specialty in the past.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

14U wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:12 am
vladimir wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:41 pm The only place you see age be a difference factor is junior high, where Burg historically hasn't been that strong.

That's b/c all the recruiting and transfers hasn't started yet. :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: That should get a few of 'em goin':shock: :mrgreen:
Recruiting doesn’t happen but transfers do! If you had a son that is good and could play, start at burg knowing he could go to playoffs every year and get college scouts looking at you more wouldn’t you send him to burg to win and play a 2nd season in week 11? It’s like Ironton in the 70’s, 80’, 90’s and early 00’s. Players from all over in county and other places went to Ironton.
Not at all, I'd want my kid to play in the community in which he lives. I don't think it's a good thing to teach the attitude of "The grass is greener on the other side of the hill." There's something to be said for loyalty and to stick with things when you have to work through adversity, and not transfer just b/c you think things may be better or b/c you're not getting your way, or your parents aren't getting their way, adnauseam.

Also since 2000, what kids has W'burg had go D-1 college football, actually get to play, and then graduate from the university as a member of a team? I can think of a few other area schools who have kids that have achieved that, but absolutely none from W'burg. So to say, just b/c they, "Go to W'burg they have more of a chance being seen by a college scout," or something of the sort is a bit of a stretch.

If you know of a kid that went NCAA D-1, started and graduated from that program, please list him. Here's the ones throughout the area I can think of:

2001 Jeremy Frazie- Minford/ Marshall
The Codogan brothers from PHS/ Penn State
2007 John Prior- PHS/ Ohio University
2009 Trevon Pendleton-West/ Michigan State
2011 Jared McCray- Minford / Ohio University
2016 Cain Madden-Minford/ Marshall (Still Playing)
*(Graduating yrs maybe wrong)

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:56 pm
14U wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:12 am
vladimir wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 pm

That's b/c all the recruiting and transfers hasn't started yet. :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: That should get a few of 'em goin':shock: :mrgreen:
Recruiting doesn’t happen but transfers do! If you had a son that is good and could play, start at burg knowing he could go to playoffs every year and get college scouts looking at you more wouldn’t you send him to burg to win and play a 2nd season in week 11? It’s like Ironton in the 70’s, 80’, 90’s and early 00’s. Players from all over in county and other places went to Ironton.
Not at all, I'd want my kid to play in the community in which he lives. I don't think it's a good thing to teach the attitude of "The grass is greener on the other side of the hill." There's something to be said for loyalty and to stick with things when you have to work through adversity, and not transfer just b/c you think things may be better or b/c you're not getting your way, or your parents aren't getting their way, adnauseam.

Also since 2000, what kids has W'burg had go D-1 college football, actually get to play, and then graduate from the university as a member of a team? I can think of a few other area schools who have kids that have achieved that, but absolutely none from W'burg. So to say, just b/c they, "Go to W'burg they have more of a chance being seen by a college scout," or something of the sort is a bit of a stretch.

If you know of a kid that went NCAA D-1, started and graduated from that program, please list him. Here's the ones throughout the area I can think of:

2001 Jeremy Frazie- Minford/ Marshall
The Codogan brothers from PHS/ Penn State
2007 John Prior- PHS/ Ohio University
2009 Trevon Pendleton-West/ Michigan State
2011 Jared McCray- Minford / Ohio University
2016 Cain Madden-Minford/ Marshall (Still Playing)
*(Graduating yrs maybe wrong)
U forgot one. Burg plays as a team, swarm to the ball, fast do it too. This has been the way since 1980’s. Also burg football players go in different sports too!! As D-I I guess it’s who care as long as u go to college in whatever division u play. I know one played on mount Union National team, one went too Georgetown national team. Is there anymore? I’m a person that don’t know history of burg but see it in papers or hear about it!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Mount Union and Georgetown are not NCAA D-1 football programs no matter how you try and spin it. That's exactly what I thought, since 2000, when all this transfer non-sense started, W'burg has 0-kids that have made it to that level and graduated from a NCAA D-1 university while still playing.

As a reminder, you said, "[To] Get college scouts looking at you more, wouldn’t you send him[Your Kid] to burg?" That statement is 100% BS! To answer your question, No I would not, b/c there is no need. I guess I'd consider sending him there depending on what kinda apartment or other incentives the community was willing to put him up in for the football season.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:21 pm Mount Union and Georgetown are not NCAA D-1 football programs no matter how you try and spin it. That's exactly what I thought, since 2000, when all this transfer non-sense started, W'burg has 0-kids that have made it to that level and graduated from a NCAA D-1 university while still playing.

As a reminder, you said, "[To] Get college scouts looking at you more, wouldn’t you send him[Your Kid] to burg?" That statement is 100% BS! To answer your question, No I would not, b/c there is no need. I guess I'd consider sending him there depending on what kinda apartment or other incentives the community was willing to put him up in for the football season.
Going D-1 doesn’t matter as much when you’re smackin dat a$$.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Minford is looking much improved this year. If they make it into week 6 @ 5-0 they have a chance to make the playoffs. Beating Logan, tho they aren’t going to win many games, will benefit greatly to that. But with the way Waverly is playing along with West and Burg you could be looking at 7-3. I think you guys can beat Valley and if you catch West sleeping you may be able to get them too.

Return to “Football”