Trimble 34 Nelsonville-York 7

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Re: WK1 2018 Trimble @ Nelsonville-York

Post by Snowman2011 »

1Shot1Kill wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 pm And as for the Warrior, I don’t think it matters really who plays QB whether it’s your boy Cameron or Taber bc they will both be lucky to even get a throw off with McCollister in their face allx night
I was eventually gonna call him out on that. Lol.
But I think the line will do just fine. I think they realized they got hit in the mouth.
Close game I’d say so myself. But who knows! It’s almost that time of year!!

MSA
Waterboy

Post by MSA »

Snowman2011 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:09 pm
1Shot1Kill wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 pm And as for the Warrior, I don’t think it matters really who plays QB whether it’s your boy Cameron or Taber bc they will both be lucky to even get a throw off with McCollister in their face allx night
But I think the line will do just fine. I think they realized they got hit in the mouth.
Lol, that is funny stuff. I kinda figured who “warrior” was.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Let's get back on topic and talk about the game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:40 pm Let's get back on topic and talk about the game.
Good idea. Cats by 2 scores

Its all in the hips
MSA
Waterboy

Post by MSA »

Happy McGavin wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:55 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:40 pm Let's get back on topic and talk about the game.
Good idea. Cats by 2 scores
I hope you’re right but I think it’s gonna be whoever wants it more Saturday night. Athletes everywhere, just matters who has the most heart.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

1Shot1Kill wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 pm Is there any truth to the fact that if the so called legend at Trimble can’t beat his “prodigy” that he supposedly groomed that he will have to hand the coaching duties over to his new prodigy in coach trace? I mean the so called “Legend” is 0-2 against Waterford and the bucks since coach Richards left!?!?!
I do see your point, but that has a lot to do with timing. Coincidentally Waterford had 8+ 3 year starters the year after Rusty went over the hill, and returned a lot for last year too. Rusty also jumped on the NY wagon at the right time with Mount/Andrews/Edwards year 1 and then a 16 starting senior positions last year.. very good timing for a very good coach (hence the success). Cats- year 1 without Rusty were young, even more young last year with 5+sophomores starting both sides of the ball, returning 16 or so starting positions this year so should be the cats year (unless wilburn carries the buckeyes which is 100% possible).

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

1Shot1Kill wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 pm Is there any truth to the fact that if the so called legend at Trimble can’t beat his “prodigy” that he supposedly groomed that he will have to hand the coaching duties over to his new prodigy in coach trace? I mean the so called “Legend” is 0-2 against Waterford and the bucks since coach Richards left!?!?!
I'll answer this smartass question. If and when Phil steps down I couldn't think of anyone better than a Trimble grad who is also a 4 year college letterman. He probably knows a thing or 2 about football

Its all in the hips
Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Post by Stink_Stank_Stunk »

Happy McGavin wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:54 pm
I'll answer this smartass question. If and when Phil steps down I couldn't think of anyone better than a Trimble grad who is also a 4 year college letterman. He probably knows a thing or 2 about football
I agree with Happy, If and when Coach Trace takes the helm for the tomcats, it will be a good hire. He will be a great coach and the young man bleeds tomcat colors.

Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Lets get back to some talk about the game. Who will be the surprise play maker come Saturday night? It should be a good match up of Coach Richards' offense vs Coach Faires' defense. Who will prevail?

BallzDeep
Waterboy

Post by BallzDeep »

Stink_Stank_Stunk wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 am Lets get back to some talk about the game. Who will be the surprise play maker come Saturday night? It should be a good match up of Coach Richards' offense vs Coach Faires' defense. Who will prevail?
After watching the Athens/trimble jamboree game. I see Toddy Fouts being somewhat of a surprise player. I see him having a fine game if he gets some reps. He played well in the jamboree game.

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

Stink_Stank_Stunk wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 am Lets get back to some talk about the game. Who will be the surprise play maker come Saturday night? It should be a good match up of Coach Richards' offense vs Coach Faires' defense. Who will prevail?
I think Koons will be. I mean he’s the best running back we have. Hard to bring down he lowers his head and most importantly he don’t fumble. Kid is a stud and a load to bring down. Defensively he is also a stud. BUT that sophomore toddy fouts was on fire at the Athens game. No one could block him. Name called everyplay. Should be a good one.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

If I were a betting man I'd say Trimble will have a spy on Wilburn, whoever that may be, will have a huge impact.

Its all in the hips
Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Happy McGavin wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:25 am
If I were a betting man I'd say Trimble will have a spy on Wilburn, whoever that may be, will have a huge impact.
Good game plan there with the spy on Wilburn. I'd hate to be the young man called upon to chase him around all game. Tall task at hand, super hero status waiting if accomplished.

Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

BallzDeep wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:08 am
After watching the Athens/trimble jamboree game. I see Toddy Fouts being somewhat of a surprise player. I see him having a fine game if he gets some reps. He played well in the jamboree game.
Toddy Fouts was a name I heard last year, not on the field but from people wondering why he wasn't playing on defense.

Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Snowman2011 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:14 am
I think Koons will be. I mean he’s the best running back we have. Hard to bring down he lowers his head and most importantly he don’t fumble. Kid is a stud and a load to bring down. Defensively he is also a stud. BUT that sophomore toddy fouts was on fire at the Athens game. No one could block him. Name called everyplay. Should be a good one.
Koons is the best rb you have? I haven't heard that one before.

tomcat15

Post by tomcat15 »

MSA wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:12 pm
Snowman2011 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:09 pm
Lol, that is funny stuff. I kinda figured who “warrior” was.
You guys sure are funny ha ha. I won't even give that one a "good guess" response. SMDH

tomcat15

Post by tomcat15 »

Trump2020 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:29 pm The freshman will play when Phil says he will play, the end. Coach Faires is a legend, he will decide when he gets in and that’s the way it is. The main thing we need to worry about is what we will do as a team. It’s the players job to work their ass off and earn time. It’s our job to support our program. With that being said, Go Cats, it’s going to be a great run!
True that. And no one worked "their ass off" more than Kittle. Glad he's being rewarded with the start.

Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Sounds like we are shaping up for a good ball game come Saturday night. Is NY expected to have any weapons besides Wilburn?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Very likely the best Week 1 game in the area, gimme the underdogs in this one, I will take Trimble. Week 1 with a chip on your shoulder, think they are the more physical team in this one and surprise some people.

Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Sounds like some fans may be torn between which qb they want to see under center for the cats. Is there any division between the players on this? Hopefully not. Let this sort itself out on the field. Are the qb's capable of playing at other positions? Will the freshman see the field at another position?

Return to “Football”