Little League World Series Champs Wheelersburg

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Little League World Series Champs Wheelersburg

Post by Orange and Brown »

alabama mike wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:10 pm There was a huge caravan last night from the rest stop at the Pike/Scioto county line all the way to the LL fields in Burg. People were lined along the roads in Lucasville, Portsmouth, New Boston and Burg. Massive crowd at the ball fields to welcome the world champions home. Thanks to everyone who came out and showed support!
That is awesome!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mhs95_06
S

Re: Wheelersburg LL playing in LLWS this week

Post by mhs95_06 »

BurgBuckeye wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:00 am
mattash wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 pm Which is bigger State Football chip or little league World series
This is tough. Both are huge. And Burg football is my second favorite sports team only behind Buckeye football. But if you have to answer the question I've got to go with LL Softball WORLD Champions. Like I said the football is huge in its own way. But im stuck on the fact there are 7 football state champions out of roughly 800 teams and there is 1 LL Softball World champion out of roughly 100,000 teams. I hate to even answer that, BURGs got it going on right now!!!
I looked on the website and world wide there are 24,000 softball teams ages 4-16, so that may be maybe 8,000 in the most numerous division(11-12), then figure that the tourney teams may be a consolidation of maybe 8 league teams which makes about a thousand teams comoeting for the title that was won. Contrast that to the state division football title which comes from well less than 200 teams, but only 32 that play in the tourney, so I'm thinking the softball is a more premier accomplishment. Congrats to Wheelersburg!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Why does one have to be bigger than the other?
A state title in football is no easy task, but winning the little league softball world series is no easy task either.
Why can't they both be put on the same platform and appreciated equally?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

In the World there are just a little over 24,000 little league softball teams and to say that Burg is #1 is incredible! What a accomplishment and someone needs to paint those girls a mural on the flood wall

Burg grad 85
tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

Congrats to the Wheelersburg girls softball team way to go!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

great idea on painting the mural on the flood wall of these tremendous young female athletes.......hope it happens for them,.....much deserved

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Great job girls!!! Time for another parade!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “Softball”