Cleveland Browns 2018

farmer
SEOP

Re: Cleveland Browns 2018

Post by farmer »

First team offense and defense played well. Good to get the running game going. Since the Browns have 3 good RB's. The first unit line blocked well as Taylor didn't need to pass much. First unit defense played well going all over the field. They did that last year at times but a bad play here and there would pop up and another loss. Good no injuries. To many penalties.

The backup WR are playing to make the team as Gordon is still out and they didn't sign Dez. As some have what you can not coach in size. Mayfield brings excitement to the field. Showed he can play with the second team players.

The rumor about Gordon not wanting to be seen on Hard Knocks got me to think that the Browns may not want him seen on there. Not wanting other teams to see what a screw up he is. So they maybe able to have more value in case they trade him.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Just read Gordon is coming back this week. The GM said he should be ready for game 1. Gordon posted on his twitter:
I took the time needed to ensure my overall mental and physical health,” Gordon wrote on Twitter. “This has by no means been an easy road and I’m extremely grateful. . . . I realize in order for me to reach my full potential my primary focus must remain on my sobriety and mental well-being.”

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Let’s hope Gordon does what he has been expected and the capabilities of doing. He could instantly become the poster guy of the situation where an NFL player has trouble in the early stages of his career to overcome and become a star. Role model. Etc. guys. We have the talent in place that we could start to build a competitive run these next 4-5yrs. The talent is there to have a multi win season immediately. Along with some guys that have the attitude of wanting to be there. Here we go brownies here we go. RooooF RooooooF

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Gordon issues may have to do with the Browns announcing their new support system for players during the summer. As well as getting info from Cleveland Cavs player Kevin Love and his struggles with mental health.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

lets hope they can put it all together

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Gordon doesn't need Hard Knocks exposure. Probably for the best. I'm glad they didn't sign Dez.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

is the dez deal a dead issue now? or is there a possibility he may end up on the lake?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jackson left the door open on Dez. Dez has been a headache before he was suspended at Oklahoma State. Also the lawsuit of trashing a house he rented 2 years ago.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Oh good Lord, our QB might be out with a broken arm. And why the hell are we calling 4 pass plays inside the one yard line?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Taylor is back. Guess bend but does not break. Last week ran the ball great with 3 different backs. That has been a problem with Jackson in years past doing some head shaking play calls when things are going well. Was the Jackson calling or Hailey???

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:54 pm Oh good Lord, our QB might be out with a broken arm. And why the hell are we calling 4 pass plays inside the one yard line?
Because it's practice.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

se-alum wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:51 am
dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:54 pm Oh good Lord, our QB might be out with a broken arm. And why the hell are we calling 4 pass plays inside the one yard line?
Because it's practice.
Well if its just a practice I hope this isn't what we're going to see in regular season. That has Hue Jackson's fingerprints all over it. Get a TD, get to the sidelines. This is how you go 1-31 over 2 seasons. Belicheck wouldn't do that. Saban wouldn't do that. I'm tired of rah-rah. He'd better win this year or fans will want to drown his butt in Lake Erie.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I saw on tv where some were discussing if the Browns should fire Jackson now. One big point was Jackson ripping Hailey and other coaches about the need to rest some of the starters. Then last night when Taylor got hurt, which looked bad. Then Jackson put him back in. As well as not letting Mayfield or Stanton some time with the first team offense. Being committed to Taylor not being prepared incase of Taylor getting injured does not help the team. Also the pass plays close to the endzone. Mentioning he maybe a better assistant than a head coach. They mentioned some more but they did have merit. One reason not to fire him is being on Hard Knocks and just how the past has been for the Browns. As excitement is high for the talent they have to start the season.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Taylor dislocated his left pinky, he should be fine since it not his throwing hand. I don't have a problem with the Browns throwing all them times down on goal line if they were just doing it for practice because these games mean nothing, but if they do that in the regular season I will be throwing bricks at the TV. Other than a few good runs by Hyde the offense couldn't muster much. I will cut them some slack since that was one of the top defenses in the league. Either the Philly offense is really bad or the Brownies are the second coming of the 85 Bears. It will be interesting to see if they can carry that over into the regular season.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

All this, as John Nance Garner once said (Google it) doesn't amount to warm bucket of piss. It does matter if the Browns don't show immediate progress. Everyone can post what they think the win/loss totals should/could be. Bottom line is if the Browns don't hit the ground running, Hue will be back at the lake with cement shoes on. Wouldn't surprise me if Dorsey doesn't already have him fitted.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jackson got on coach Greg Williams for using the word stupid to describe Denzel Ward on the way he tackles. Which got him hurt in the last preseason game. Which Williams said was Wards fault. Which is true even when I seen the play live.

Jackson calls out Williams for that even though the most common word used on Hard Knocks is the F- word. Including Jackson using it many times.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Gordon to not start the opener........our man Jackson says they need the right package for him??

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:22 pm Gordon to not start the opener........our man Jackson says they need the right package for him??
Jackson needs a package. Nuff said.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Gordon will play. He might not start but he will play. That's only if he doesn't do something bizarre between now and then, which might take a miracle.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns will be losing a player for a reason no one would ever have thought of. Mychal Kendricks LB signed from the Eagles during the off Season. Will formerly plead guilty to insider trading of stocks in the upcoming weeks. Which he made around $1.2 million. No time table yet on when he goes to prison. The NFL does not have a rule against financial crimes as they do for violent crimes. So they can not suspend him until they change the rules.

Return to “Pro Sports”