Southeast Girls District Contenders

PeeblesHS
Waterboy

Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by PeeblesHS »

Who are your top teams from the girls southeast district from watching these early games and reports? What teams do you see going to Districts and possibly further this season?

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by BananaSC74 »

Lynchburg girls are always legit. West always has them prepared to make deep postseason runs and they still have their leading goal scorer from last year. I always hear good things about wheelersburg’s program as well. For a dark horse team, Peebles is on the rise as a younger squad.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

PeeblesHS wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:49 pm Who are your top teams from the girls southeast district from watching these early games and reports? What teams do you see going to Districts and possibly further this season?
What are your thoughts PeeblesHS?

PeeblesHS
Waterboy

Post by PeeblesHS »

Have to give Lynchburg, Wheelersburg and West the respect they deserve with possibility of North Adams showing well in post season play . With Peebles having a new coach most would say they would be on a "Rebuilding Season" but, it looks like these talented girls and coach are on a "Proving Season" for sure! I wouldn't count them out.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Along with Wheelersburg, Alexander is always tough from the east sectional and Zane Trace gave Lynchburg a tough game on Saturday as well.

Does anyone know how the tournament alignment will be adjusted this year with the addition of Ironton St Joe and Rock Hill adding girls programs? I assume they will both go into the East sectional, but who will move to the west? Zane Trace? Portsmouth West?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

It seems like there are less coaches than usual posting their results on OSSCA, which makes it more difficult to tell what is going on.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:27 am It seems like there are less coaches than usual posting their results on OSSCA, which makes it more difficult to tell what is going on.
I know right? More coaches around the southeast need to know about the site and also this one for scores and everything.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

PeeblesHS wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:24 pm Have to give Lynchburg, Wheelersburg and West the respect they deserve with possibility of North Adams showing well in post season play . With Peebles having a new coach most would say they would be on a "Rebuilding Season" but, it looks like these talented girls and coach are on a "Proving Season" for sure! I wouldn't count them out.
Who is the girls coach at peebles now?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BananaSC74 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:22 amWho is the girls coach at peebles now?
I believe it is Coach Dennison

PeeblesHS
Waterboy

Post by PeeblesHS »

Yes, sorry for late response. Coach Dennison. The Peebles program, both girl and boys, have new coaches.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

PeeblesHS wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:34 am Yes, sorry for late response. Coach Dennison. The Peebles program, both girl and boys, have new coaches.
Who is coaching the boys & how do they look this year?

PeeblesHS
Waterboy

Post by PeeblesHS »

Coach Gordley. They are looking stronger then they have in years. Coach has brought on 2 other assistance to help him redirect the boys program towards a brighter future

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

PeeblesHS wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:49 pm Who are your top teams from the girls southeast district from watching these early games and reports? What teams do you see going to Districts and possibly further this season?
Zane Trace girls played Lynchburg-Clay's girls tough in an early season Saturday morning game. Very defensive minded team. Jumped out to early 1-0 lead and then tried to park the bus, man marking lynchburgs leading scorer with two defenders. Great strategy, they just did not have enough substitutes to stay fresh and never took a shot on goal entire second half. Trace girls just got tired chasing for the entire 2nd half and surrendered two second half goals. Team was very well coached and disciplined staying with their plan. If they can get some help or sub early to save legs they could really make a nice tournament run. Was very impressed with their team, and their junior striker up front, kid played her tail off with no offensive support as they were trying to win 1-0. Not to be overlooked was Zane Trace's goaly who was standing on her head the entire game. Trace net keeper kept them in the game making ridiculous after ridiculous save after save. Their style may not play to the crowds but they will win or be in every game they play in. Zane Trace with their style of play and level of effort their kids played with will be a team to watch for in 2018.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

stacey7722 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 pm
Zane Trace girls played Lynchburg-Clay's girls tough in an early season Saturday morning game. Very defensive minded team. Jumped out to early 1-0 lead and then tried to park the bus, man marking lynchburgs leading scorer with two defenders. Great strategy, they just did not have enough substitutes to stay fresh and never took a shot on goal entire second half. Trace girls just got tired chasing for the entire 2nd half and surrendered two second half goals. Team was very well coached and disciplined staying with their plan. If they can get some help or sub early to save legs they could really make a nice tournament run. Was very impressed with their team, and their junior striker up front, kid played her tail off with no offensive support as they were trying to win 1-0. Not to be overlooked was Zane Trace's goaly who was standing on her head the entire game. Trace net keeper kept them in the game making ridiculous after ridiculous save after save. Their style may not play to the crowds but they will win or be in every game they play in. Zane Trace with their style of play and level of effort their kids played with will be a team to watch for in 2018.
Do you have a top five for girls soccer in D3 southeast?

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

My top 5 for D3 girls southeast soccer:

1. Lynchburg Clay (no surprise here, this is a legit program who has a tradition of deep tourney runs)
2. Wheelersburg (lots of respect for burgs girls team)
3. Eastern Brown (good as usual)
4. North Adams (good stuff going on at NA as well, they have a young team with a loyal fan base
5. Peebles ( SUPRISE PICK )

Who do you have in your top 5???

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

North Adams will get better as the season goes along, but they are a young team as you mentioned and are 1-4 so far (very tough early schedule with losses to ZT, LC and Wheelersburg). I think you need to include Zane Trace and Alexander in the mix.
Lynchburg (4-2)
Wheelersburg (4-0) - currently on a 49 game regular season unbeaten streak
Alexander (4-1)
Zane Trace (3-1) only loss was 2-1 to LC
Peebles / Eastern Brown - no idea on records because they don't post results on OSSCA, but seem to be doing well

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

It will be interesting to see how the tournament seeding goes this year. With the addition of Rock Hill and Ironton St Joe in D3, Zane Trace is now in the west sectional.

West
Lynchburg, Peebles, North Adams, Zane Trace, Westfall, Northwest, Eastern Brown, West Union, Leesburg, Piketon,

East
Wheelersburg, Alexander, Minford, Chesapeake, South Point, Rock Hill, St Joe, Fairland, Portsmouth West, Southeastern

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Who are the top D2 girls teams? From what I have gathered I would put these as my top teams, but I am less familiar with the D2 side of things

Fairfield Union
Unioto
Marietta
Jackson
Circleville

PeeblesHS
Waterboy

Post by PeeblesHS »

BananaSC74 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:21 am
4thgoal wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:27 am It seems like there are less coaches than usual posting their results on OSSCA, which makes it more difficult to tell what is going on.
I know right? More coaches around the southeast need to know about the site and also this one for scores and everything.
I know our coaches tried to get onto website. However the webmasters have yet to return an email with login info. So can’t post if ya can’t get on lol

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

My top 5 is...

1. Lynchburg
2. Wheelersburg
3. Zane Trace
4. Eastern Brown
5. Alexander
And at 6th North Adams with that very young team. I believe North Adams lost a lot of seniors last year with 2 of there players making All Star honors. I think there are starting 4 freshman’s, 3 sophomores, 3 juniors, and 1 senior. Going to be a fun team to watch and grow.

Return to “Soccer”