Ironton 41 Fairland 23

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Ironton 41 Fairland 23

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Thoughts?

Big game for the OVC

The Dragons came into Bob Lutz Field at Tanks Memorial Stadium and defeated the Fighting Tigers 27-21 last year. Can the Fighting Tigers return the favor at Fairland? Will the Fighting Tigers be able to defend the Air assault of the Dragons and can the Dragons stop the run?
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Buckeye2018
Waterboy

Re: WK 3 - Ironton (1-1) @ Fairland (2-0)

Post by Buckeye2018 »

Fairland by 7

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Prob best two teams in OVC this year. Why do they play week 3?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

I thought Ironton for sure before last night.
My dragons impressed vs Athens who I thought was the heavy favorite.

Dragons by a score.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

if ironton has 13 flags fairland wins easy

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

could somebody please take a couple of bags of miracle grow to fairlands stadium?? absolutely the worse field and stadium i ever watched a high school game in......

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am could somebody please take a couple of bags of miracle grow to fairlands stadium?? absolutely the worse field and stadium i ever watched a high school game in......

That bad? Not been there in a while. I think only Garland has real grass in the OVV now

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

I don’t understand why it hasn’t been upgraded yet, easily the wealthiest area of Lawrence county and no one wants to upgrade it.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Calpreps

Fairland - 28
Ironton -- 22

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

StolenTalents12 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am I don’t understand why it hasn’t been upgraded yet, easily the wealthiest area of Lawrence county and no one wants to upgrade it.
I agree 100%. I hated goin there when burg played them. The parking is decent but the field is by far one of the worst I've seen. As a visiting team if u don't get there VERY EARLY then good luck finding a seat in one of the four rows of bleachers

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
oldguy1369
Waterboy

Post by oldguy1369 »

Bunch of cry babies

oldguy1369
Waterboy

Post by oldguy1369 »

eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am could somebody please take a couple of bags of miracle grow to fairlands stadium?? absolutely the worse field and stadium i ever watched a high school game in......
You must have lost. So sorry. Just don't come back, problem solved. See how easy that was.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Ironton players have to learn how to play at a high level game in game out. As well as some fans and parents who have this team hyped up. This has gotten into the heads of some players. Which was part of the problems over the last few years. Right now Ironton is 1-1.

Ironton is learning to play a new system with some new coaches. This heat will show how good the team is having depth to play.
Fairland coming off a big win at Athens. They need to come out and just play their game. Hopefully they didn't get beat with injuries.

Fairland hasn't done much to their stadium or make sure they have a good turf to play on.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

It is awful I saw when waverly played there last year it wasn't good

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

It’s football. It’s a sport that was created to play in all conditions.
I preferred grass over turf when I played.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

fairland

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

man I tell ya ironton has to clean up some things this week. especially penalties. fairland beat Athens, and ironton sqweeked by Russell. now it's time to get serious about the league title thing and fast. one thing is for sure, the tigers are young, and still in it's infancy with this new staff and beliefs. but they are going to have to play as it's week number 1 again, 1st game out of the chute and go all in. the dragons are building a future as well, and we'll have to play very solid. we need to get this one under our belt. this will be a big feather ovc wise in the hat, if they upset fairland. I see ironton as the underdog here. and they are on the road. but I have confidence they can handle the task at hand.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

I’m not gonna lie, I thought this would be a rebuilding year for Fairland. They lost a lot from last year. Seems like they still have quite a few athletes and are putting together some wins. Fairland is always a tough place to play. They may surprise the tigers.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Good post bait. I agree. It's been 3 weeks since I saw both ironton and fairland in the preview I really thought week one for ironton would be a blowout and they proved me wrong and played a great game. Their emotion and intensity were there for 4 quarters against burg and I expected a letdown against Russell which it sounds like is exactly what happened. I have not seen fairland since the preview but I was very impressed with their ability to sling it around however defensively they had a bunch of work to do as coal grove killed them with their trap plays It sounds like they have cleaned it up some with an impressive win against Athens. I think ironton is way more physical than Athens. Just based on style of play. I see this potentially being a high scoring game with ironton wearing fairland down by the 4th qtr and getting a big win. Especially if the weather doesn't cooperate with fairland and it happens to be wet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thanks victor. and I had a great visit with you a couple of weeks ago. it was very nice chattin football with you. ironton has 2 stiff tests back to back in fairland and then Ashland. but we have to take care of week 1 first

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”