SEFan
JV Team

Chadwell to New Lex

Post by SEFan »

Please post:
  • Schedule
  • Roster with #/Name/Height/Year
  • Outlook
They were winless last year. How has the summer been going?

I liked Chadwell a lot at Logan, New Lex got a good one. Are they improving under his watch?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Chadwell to New Lex

Post by pfloyd »

Wishing Coach Chadwell good things with the Lady Panthers ! New Lex DID get a good one ... looking forward to seeing what Coach Chadwell puts on the hardwood this winter ...

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:28 pm Wishing Coach Chadwell good things with the Lady Panthers ! New Lex DID get a good one ... looking forward to seeing what Coach Chadwell puts on the hardwood this winter ...
Did you know him very well at Logan?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SEFan wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:35 am
pfloyd wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:28 pm Wishing Coach Chadwell good things with the Lady Panthers ! New Lex DID get a good one ... looking forward to seeing what Coach Chadwell puts on the hardwood this winter ...
Did you know him very well at Logan?
... Coach Chadwell taught at the high school, we didn't hang out LOL , but we saw each other daily, said hello daily ... Coach Chadwell knows basketball ! Coach Chadwell can coach the game of hoops , he is intense, has expectations for his players AND HIMSELF as a coach ... Coach Chadwell does the extras for all hoops teams - Coach Chadwell worked with the "boys" players on individual drills in the off season ... he loves the game of basketball, shares his knowledge of the game with the girls/boys alike ... he will be an excellent coach for New Lex THAT I'm sure about ... he WILL MAKE both the girls/boys programs better imo ... Coach Chadwell is young, NOW has experience with coaching vs quality teams (D1 competition Logan played last year) ... he NOW knows about the "politics" of being a coach as well ... Coach Chadwell will do well and will keep getting better courtside ... he brings enthusiasm to the New Lex programs ...

I wish him the best ...

mattash
Site Admin

2018/19 New Lexington Panthers

Post by mattash »

Please post:
  • Schedule
  • Roster with #/Name/Height/Year
  • Outlook

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

What's the word on how the New Lex girls team is doing under Coach Chadwell so far this season ?

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:20 pm What's the word on how the New Lex girls team is doing under Coach Chadwell so far this season ?
PFloyd, went to watch them today against Sheridan as 3 of the top 10 players in the SE (Sammons from New Lexington and Cooke, Mick from Sheridan) were taking the floor.

This game did not disappoint! Well battled and fought game from both sides. Sheridan won by around 25 but was a one possession game in the third! Sheridan pulled away at the end when subs were in and looked like the New Lexington girls got tired as they were only 6 deep.

The NL gym was loud for as many people were there, they did a good job of cheering for their girls. I asked a guy what their record was and he said they had only won 1 game. So I said well not much better than last year (they were winless last season). And he quickly corrected me! He has a daughter on the team that played last year as well and he said it is night and day difference. That the girls play harder and with better understanding of the game. He also joked that having Sammons helps them! (She had a couple of insane 3’s in big moments) but that the culture change that Coach Chadwell has brought into this program is something they’re thankful for! That it is just better this year. Glad to see Coach Chadwell still as intense as ever on the sidelines. We let go of a good one.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

New Lex’s coach from last year is our coach this year. I knew they were pretty down last year, but can’t say that I’m too optimistic after reading the “night and day” comment.

Return to “Girls Basketball”