Ironton 41 Fairland 23

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: WK 3 - Ironton (1-1) @ Fairland (2-0)

Post by VetteMan »

The Flash wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:56 pm I can spot the people that
1.) have not been to Fairland in quite some time
And 2.) have never looked at a study in their lives and just assume what they think they know

Fairlands field is full of unlevelness, holes, ditches, and bare spots which pose a risk.

According to multiple studies I’ve researched, grass and turf have the same injury rate IF the grass is maintained, level, smooth, and has no obstacles on the surface. You can look those up as you please, you may learn something
I guess I would Fall in your No.1 example. I have played on there field before,but it has been a few years ago. I can see the unlevelness and the bare spots. I would hope that mayby that you are kidding a little bit about the holes and ditches though. If you are serious though,I haven't been there in quite some time,so I really wouldn't know.

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

I know they laid saud in recent years. As far as the levelness goes idk about that. The coaches and players laid it lol

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton will need to depend on it's running game and defense in this one.
They keep the turnovers down and penalties and work that clock they will have a chance.
If they get in a track meet with Fairland they could be in trouble.
I gave Fairland a chance last week against Athens.
This week I will give Ironton that same chance if they can keep the scoring low and don't commit penalties at the key times.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If you want to talk about poor fields,what about the poor field at Gallipolis? Depending on the time of the year it is sometimes worse than others. I don't ever remember when playing there that we ever even thought that much about it.A little bit of dust,dirt,and mud never hurt anyone.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:34 pm If you want to talk about poor fields,what about the poor field at Gallipolis? Depending on the time of the year it is sometimes worse than others. I don't ever remember when playing there that we ever even thought that much about it.A little bit of dust,dirt,and mud never hurt anyone.
We would pick up the broken glass and throw it in the trash, no kidding.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Ironton running game comes alive for 300+ yards and wins 28-21.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

oldguy1369 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:42 pm Wow is there nothing Ironton people won't cry about. And as far as safety that a b.s. argument. Grass is by far safer than turf. Like a poster before me said just get off the bus, lace your cleats, and put on your helmets and play football.
I wasn't complaining at all, I just said I saw it on wsaz. frankly I could care less. they are all playing on the same surface as far as I'm concerned. instead of thinking ironton is whining. think about everybody whining about everything that an ironton poster posts about. I agree play ball. the surface won't favor anybody. I never said a thing about safety. just that I saw it on the news.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No disrespect but Fairland's field is very bad and it isn't safe. The field is used for just about everything, including Junior High Soccer. They need a turf field or a re-sod.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:36 amAs a visiting team if u don't get there VERY EARLY then good luck finding a seat in one of the four rows of bleachers
Plenty of room on the Hartley side in 2012, LOL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:52 am No disrespect but Fairland's field is very bad and it isn't safe. The field is used for just about everything, including Junior High Soccer. They need a turf field or a re-sod.

watch yourself woby, you could be mistaken for a tiger fan. therefore labeled a whiner. we could talk about a hair or a bug on a hotdog and get called out, lol

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironton's field was awful too before it finally got replaced. but I don't remember any tiger fans condoning any one's opinion's of it.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If Ironton defense stops the pass it could be a long night for Fairland. Also Ironton needs to get their running game going to keep Fairland offense off the field.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Anyone remember the West vs Portsmouth game at Tank Stadium in 2002?It was like playing in cake batter.
Last edited by earp on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

any dragon supporters out there have a fairland roster to copy and paste.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironton goes up the river hungry for Win#2.....lace em up......cause they gonna hit ya

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

When minford played there 3 weeks ago it actually wasn’t bad at all a lot of grass no holes or ditches and no bare spots but it did have a nice crest but every grass field does other than that no safety concerns were mentioned by the players. They said it was actually better than previous years.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

I will take Fairland 28-13

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

earp wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 am Anyone remember the West vs Portsmouth game at Tank Stadium in 2002?It was like playing in cake batter.
I remember that one. One of the coldest and nastiest games I’ve ever watched. It poured the whole night

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:59 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:36 amAs a visiting team if u don't get there VERY EARLY then good luck finding a seat in one of the four rows of bleachers
Plenty of room on the Hartley side in 2012, LOL.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”