Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Burrow named starter

Post by OHHS old timer »

BTW...I did a little checking if anyone is interested in a trip to Baton Rouge....

Round trip airfare (via expedia) is around 625$$...hotels run from 65-170/night. Airfare is Columbus to Baton Rouge with one stop (Dallas, I'm guessing).

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow looked pretty good. That LSU schedule is loaded

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Burrow will get better moving forward, but looked darn good for the first game. Hard to do not completely settled in yet.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:36 pm BTW...I did a little checking if anyone is interested in a trip to Baton Rouge....

Round trip airfare (via expedia) is around 625$$...hotels run from 65-170/night. Airfare is Columbus to Baton Rouge with one stop (Dallas, I'm guessing).
I wonder how much round trip bus fare would be? As Patrick Swayze said in the movie Road House. I don't fly, too dangerous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was so proud of his effort last night. he played an outstanding ball game all around. managed the game very well, and made very solid decisions all night. I loved when they said he was not nervous, because he was used to going against ohio state's 1st team d everytime. this job is not too big for him and he wore it well. they got conservative after a big lead, and the canes woke up. but they should win a lot of big games the next 2 years with him as the ace. but with ole coach ed and that velvety voice of his backing ya, who could fall asleep on him. he seems very solid and a very good person as well. the stage doesn't get any bigger than jerry's world and he stood tall.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:23 am
OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:36 pm BTW...I did a little checking if anyone is interested in a trip to Baton Rouge....

I wonder how much round trip bus fare would be? As Patrick Swayze said in the movie Road House. I don't fly, too dangerous. :lol: :lol: :lol:
According to Greyhound....around $320-360

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Nice first game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by 1987chieftains »

Think I'm going to follow LSU for a few years. Burrow looked pretty good.
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AT THE RESERVATION
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I thought Joey done a good job. He'll have a pretty good career.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:46 am Think I'm going to follow LSU for a few years. Burrow looked pretty good.
I agree wholeheartedly. OSU was never going to even give him a chance to play and he's surrounded down there with 4 and 5 stars also. Good luck to him.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:17 am I was so proud of his effort last night. he played an outstanding ball game all around. managed the game very well, and made very solid decisions all night. I loved when they said he was not nervous, because he was used to going against ohio state's 1st team d everytime. this job is not too big for him and he wore it well. they got conservative after a big lead, and the canes woke up. but they should win a lot of big games the next 2 years with him as the ace. but with ole coach ed and that velvety voice of his backing ya, who could fall asleep on him. he seems very solid and a very good person as well. the stage doesn't get any bigger than jerry's world and he stood tall.
Good post Bait. Agree with everything you said. If he can get a little better blocking from his line,he can pretty much thread the needle with his passing.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:51 pmSeen Willy take his kids to a LSU game on one episode.
He tried to take them. He took a "shortcut" and got lost. Like a bunch of yuppies from a private school in Columbus trying to find Proctorville. Go to the river and turn left; can't miss it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:57 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:51 pmSeen Willy take his kids to a LSU game on one episode.
He tried to take them. He took a "shortcut" and got lost. Like a bunch of yuppies from a private school in Columbus trying to find Proctorville. Go to the river and turn left; can't miss it.
Yep. :lol: I remember it, but that's how I knew he was a die hard LSU fan. Didn't they end up setting long side a road outside his vehicle in a field tailgating listening to the game? :lol: :lol: Goofy bunch of down to earth good hearted people. Wish they would bring the show back on. Loved it.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

Joe will have several opportunities to put up more yards and touchdowns with that great ground game from Sunday night opponents will load up to stop the run. Is he better than Dwayne. I can't say that but I can say they both we're better than that so called legend that they play behind. It is so nice to see an offense that can throw the ball down the field to set up the Run and vice versa. Go Bucks and Go Tigers

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Cowboy22 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:37 am Joe will have several opportunities to put up more yards and touchdowns with that great ground game from Sunday night opponents will load up to stop the run. Is he better than Dwayne. I can't say that but I can say they both we're better than that so called legend that they play behind. It is so nice to see an offense that can throw the ball down the field to set up the Run and vice versa. Go Bucks and Go Tigers
Yep, got every record in the OSU record books but will never be heard from again.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Cowboy22 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:37 am Joe will have several opportunities to put up more yards and touchdowns with that great ground game from Sunday night opponents will load up to stop the run. Is he better than Dwayne. I can't say that but I can say they both we're better than that so called legend that they play behind. It is so nice to see an offense that can throw the ball down the field to set up the Run and vice versa. Go Bucks and Go Tigers
Ding dind ding. JT was garbage. He should hold all the B1G records. He played for 5 YEARS. He never won the MUST WIN games. It was always someone else, Cardale and let’s not forget Haskins in the Michigan game last year. I think JT bailed out cause he knew he couldn’t do it.

As for Burrow. Dude was the smartest man in the field. It showed. The audible on the first TD run is the perfect example.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:38 am
Ding dind ding. JT was garbage. He should hold all the B1G records. He played for 5 YEARS. He never won the MUST WIN games. It was always someone else, Cardale and let’s not forget Haskins in the Michigan game last year. I think JT bailed out cause he knew he couldn’t do it.

As for Burrow. Dude was the smartest man in the field. It showed. The audible on the first TD run is the perfect example.
Exactly. I watched him numerous times in high school at Athens and he darn near won the state championship game with a great performance by himself . He got his degree in 3 years here and will probably get his Masters this year with 2 seasons of eligibility left. Urban was never going to play him so he saw the writing on the wall so good for him and barring injury he could have a very special couple of years. I'd love to see them play OSU in a bowl game. :x

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^Burrows is doing what he has to do to get noticed by the NFL. I don't blame him a one bit! I'm following LSU just as much as I'm following OSU. Anyone know where I can buy an LSU Burrows jersey? I'll wear it with my OSU hat next week down in Arlington, TX vs. TCU.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:09 am ^Burrows is doing what he has to do to get noticed by the NFL. I don't blame him a one bit! I'm following LSU just as much as I'm following OSU. Anyone know where I can buy an LSU Burrows jersey? I'll wear it with my OSU hat next week down in Arlington, TX vs. TCU.
Talked to a friend in Lafayette...she said if looking for Burrow jersey, you might want to go to lsushop.com and look for "Jeaux Bureaux" shirts.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:42 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:09 am ^Burrows is doing what he has to do to get noticed by the NFL. I don't blame him a one bit! I'm following LSU just as much as I'm following OSU. Anyone know where I can buy an LSU Burrows jersey? I'll wear it with my OSU hat next week down in Arlington, TX vs. TCU.
Talked to a friend in Lafayette...she said if looking for Burrow jersey, you might want to go to lsushop.com and look for "Jeaux Bureaux" shirts.
Sorry, that's supposed to be "Jeaux Burreaux". Or someone in Athens could talk to his family for more info as they have all the gear

Return to “Football”