Western Brown 42 Jackson 36

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Western Brown 42 Jackson 36

Post by Ironman92 »

The Broncos from Mt Orab travel 80 miles East to take on the Ironmen. Western Brown a D2 school only lost to undefeated Hillsboro by 2. They are a quick passing team that spreads it out. Jackson will be in a little different defensive mode for this one.

Guessing WB will get things going enough to gain some first downs the first few drives but suspect the Ironmen will bend but not break several times throughout the game. I think Jackson pulls away late.

Jackson 34
Western Brown 13
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Jackson (3-0) vs Western Brown (0-3)

Post by greygoose »

Jackson will lean on the big guys in this one and I think they'll really control the clock, Jackson by 2 scores

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jackson by 14

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson needs to find an identity on offense . They leaned on the power run game when the chips were down last night and it paid off. Jackson has some bruising backs but they need to be going down hill. Not really shifty runners who acccelerate quickly . I like the T with Haller , spires , yates , graham , parks , and even Landrum and Evans getting carries out of the backfield . Defense was solid as always last night . But Jackson def needs to clean its game up moving forward. Western Brown will have athletes and good size . Jackson’s line is young and inexperienced after replacing 4 seniors , but they are keeping their heads above water and really stepped up on the 99 yard drive . I’ll say the Ironmen move to 4-0 next Friday !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hoping the offense is very good this week

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

Jackson has good receivers and a good arm at QB. Why not open the passing game up?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jackson

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Mike wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:16 pm Jackson has good receivers and a good arm at QB. Why not open the passing game up?
I think you probably will see a little more passing. Later in the year when they are playing the Hillboros,the Chillicothes and the Wheelersburgs,you will probably have to throw the ball quite a bit more. They have some very good running backs,and as long as they can control the game,and win the games,they are going to stick to there Bread and Butter running game. I think they are also starting mayby 4 new offensive linemen,and they are going to get better each and every game. The QB can throw the ball,and he will show that in time.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Jackson got lucky against GA last week. Bad call on goal line. I will give Jackson kids credit on that last drive.

Ironboys with a cupcake D2 school that won’t win three games lol haha

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

don't overlook this week thinkin about burg next.....take care of business get in rhythm and come out of this one injury free and loads of confidence headin to the home of the state champs

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

Vik wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 pm Jackson got lucky against GA last week. Bad call on goal line. I will give Jackson kids credit on that last drive.

Sounds like you may be a little sore because your GA boys can’t finish.
Gallipolis wanted the first 3 quarters more. Jackson wanted the game win more.

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:05 pm
Vik wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 pm Jackson got lucky against GA last week. Bad call on goal line. I will give Jackson kids credit on that last drive.

Sounds like you may be a little sore because your GA boys can’t finish.
Gallipolis wanted the first 3 quarters more. Jackson wanted the game win more.
And I don’t think I’d be talking about cupcakes for Jackson. Maybe you should check out the Gallipolis schedule first. There’s a reason Gallipolis dropped Pt Pleasant this year and Jackson next year.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

you Jackson posters are great. All of you know everything and none played football for Jackson. Jackson Jackson Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vik wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 pm you Jackson posters are great. All of you know everything and none played football for Jackson. Jackson Jackson Jackson
Your source sucks much bad.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Ironmen by a bunch.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Jackson finished and it wasn’t a bad call, it was the right call. Tough break for GA but I do wish them a successful rest of the season, they should finish 8-2 or 7-3.

Western brown is down, but they are still a good team. but I would love to see gallia play the schools Jackson plays like washington court house, Hillsboro, Chillicothe, wheelersburg, and schedule those schools like Jackson along with Granville, Cabell Midland, West Jefferson, Col. St. Charles and more. Not including playoff teams such a Col. Desales. Tell gallia to schedule some of those schools then we can talk about cupcake teams and schedules. Jackson doesn’t play a weak schedule.
Last edited by Ironmen#2588 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:40 pm Jackson needs to find an identity on offense . They leaned on the power run game when the chips were down last night and it paid off. Jackson has some bruising backs but they need to be going down hill. Not really shifty runners who acccelerate quickly . I like the T with Haller , spires , yates , graham , parks , and even Landrum and Evans getting carries out of the backfield . Defense was solid as always last night . But Jackson def needs to clean its game up moving forward. Western Brown will have athletes and good size . Jackson’s line is young and inexperienced after replacing 4 seniors , but they are keeping their heads above water and really stepped up on the 99 yard drive . I’ll say the Ironmen move to 4-0 next Friday !
I agree, they need a identity but then again they need a steady solid offensive. It would be very nice to have them be able to spread it out and have a air raid down the field or have the T formation and just run it down your throat. makes it hard and difficult for teams to prepare because you don’t know really what jackson will do come Friday.
Jackson with the T formation with haller, Graham, spires/Yates. That’s solid. Haller carried the load on the final drive against gallia. Just put the team on his back, I think it opened the coaches eyes that he needs to have the ball in his hands the rest of the season more often after that game performance. Ice has a good arm and he can toss it, we have plenty of play makers.
The defense is stout, few things need fixing but not much. I’d hate to be any team jackson faces from now until the end of the season if Jackson is running on all cylinders at 100%. this team is so athletic and talented, they are a sleeping giant waiting to explode.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:41 pm
Vik wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 pm you Jackson posters are great. All of you know everything and none played football for Jackson. Jackson Jackson Jackson
Your source sucks much bad.
I reckon so :roll: :roll:

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:33 am

Jackson finished and it wasn’t a bad call, it was the right call. Tough break for GA but I do wish them a successful rest of the season, they should finish 8-2 or 7-3.

Western brown is down, but they are still a good team. but I would love to see gallia play the schools Jackson plays like washington court house, Hillsboro, Chillicothe, wheelersburg, and schedule those schools like Jackson along with Granville, Cabell Midland, West Jefferson, Col. St. Charles and more. Not including playoff teams such a Col. Desales. Tell gallia to schedule some of those schools then we can talk about cupcake teams and schedules. Jackson doesn’t play a weak schedule.
They won’t schedule those types of teams. In fact, they run from those. They have dropped the only two quality teams on their schedule, Jackson and Point Pleasant.
Some would rather sit back and talk about all their “great” conference wins and how they’re “back”. And when they play a good game against Jackson but clearly get beat by the only quality team on their schedule, some whine endlessly of how they were cheated.
Gallia is much improved this year, but winning against River Valley and Meigs and that conference does not constitute a great team.
To their players and true fans, best of luck the rest of the year. Keep building on your improvements.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Mike wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:33 am

They won’t schedule those types of teams. In fact, they run from those. They have dropped the only two quality teams on their schedule, Jackson and Point Pleasant.
Some would rather sit back and talk about all their “great” conference wins and how they’re “back”. And when they play a good game against Jackson but clearly get beat by the only quality team on their schedule, some whine endlessly of how they were cheated.
Gallia is much improved this year, but winning against River Valley and Meigs and that conference does not constitute a great team.
To their players and true fans, best of luck the rest of the year. Keep building on your improvements.
I agree they would run and hide behind the desk. Until GA is back to going 9-1 or 10-0 every yr. then their program is not up for discussion on how great they are, they wanted out of the SEOAL and ran for a new weaker smaller conference. GA always whines when they lose to jackson and always say they got cheated. But I do hope they go 8-2 or 9-1 this year, they could do it, if they play the way they did against Jackson Friday but the offense can just put up a few more TDs and they finish.

And That is why jackson is such a solid and very good program. Jackson goes and schedules bigger tougher competition because they can play with some of those schools. Another school I forgot to mention is D2 powerhouse Cin. Winton Woods. Not one school around Jackson except maybe Chillicothe would schedule them, not even burg or athens would schedule most of those schools.

Return to “Football”