Riding the Bench

Re: Federal Hocking's outlook 2018-2019 season

Post by thetitanic »

will be good. not loosing too much talent, young and fresh

LancerPride
Waterboy

Post by LancerPride »

The dumbest thing the powers that be did was get rid of Dunnigan. He actually wanted to be there!! He brought a passion and discipline that the program desperatly needed. When you let the inmates run the assylumm for so long it can be a culture shock when someone wants to actually change it and rules are put in place. Mommy and daddy cant get their ways all the time and sometimes little johnny will get yelled at if he screws up. The hose job they did to him was shameful.
Fed has some talent but the guy who should be teaching them isnt there anymore and the new guy had his dad coaching them all summer!?? Dunnigan should of been given a longer opportunity to try and prove himself for at least getting a couple of wins last season with 3 freshmen starting and a sophomore. Meigs is lucky to have him now.
I think Fed can win games on talent alone but at some point a coach has got to be given a chance to stay regalrdless of what mommy and daddy want with their ballooned expectations. Lancers will finish middle of the pack in the TVC. Next year will be the year.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

You do realize that a coach is only allowed 10 days in the summer right? FH had a busy summer and that’s why he had his dad coaching. His dad has plenty of experience under his belt to handle some meaningless summer league basketball. Eastern and Meigs had different coaches during some of the summer league as well.

I get what you’re saying about Coach Dunigan. He really didn’t get a fair shake. Coaches know if you don’t meet expectations you’re gonna get fired....fair or not. It happens every year. The bottom line is they made the decision to move on and we have no choice but to support the new coach. I believe that he will do a good job. Coach Dunigan is in a good situation with Meigs. I’m sure he will get another opportunity to be a head coach. He deserves that!

LancerPride
Waterboy

Post by LancerPride »

Expectations?? The only expectation in place should of been to just compete with what they had coming in and I think we were in almost every game but maybe 4?? Heck we won two games for the first time in two seasons and could of won about 10 more including at Waterford the defending champ minus that fluke travel call. He could of been COY in the Hocking for what he did with what we had. It had nothing to do with expectations it was the small few who had complaints bc he was a guy who wanted discipline and they found a guy "in the school" who they liked more on a personal level. Good ole boy network wins again. I hope we can improve this season with the new regime.

Davis
Waterboy

Post by Davis »

Who took over the Head Coaching job?

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

LancerPride wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:39 pm Expectations?? The only expectation in place should of been to just compete with what they had coming in and I think we were in almost every game but maybe 4?? Heck we won two games for the first time in two seasons and could of won about 10 more including at Waterford the defending champ minus that fluke travel call. He could of been COY in the Hocking for what he did with what we had. It had nothing to do with expectations it was the small few who had complaints bc he was a guy who wanted discipline and they found a guy "in the school" who they liked more on a personal level. Good ole boy network wins again. I hope we can improve this season with the new regime.
We should have a better season for sure. Last year is history. I’m looking forward to this year. Jonathon Thompson is the new coach. He has coached jr high girls for several years and has been an assistant for the varsity girls.

sharpshooter
Riding the Bench

Post by sharpshooter »

They will be behind southern in the 4th place spot in the tvc

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

sharpshooter wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:11 am They will be behind southern in the 4th place spot in the tvc
Who wins the league? Southern is gonna be better than third in my opinion

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

I am pretty sure that OHSAA rules give you 10 days of instruction time no matter who is coaching them. So, if Coach Thompson, along with whomever coached the team at the Elite Center, during the Summer League, etc. had more than 10 instructional days with them, they would be in violation of the rule. The school had better self-report it asap. You do not get 10 days per coach, only 10 total days combine.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Jayski wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:58 pm I am pretty sure that OHSAA rules give you 10 days of instruction time no matter who is coaching them. So, if Coach Thompson, along with whomever coached the team at the Elite Center, during the Summer League, etc. had more than 10 instructional days with them, they would be in violation of the rule. The school had better self-report it asap. You do not get 10 days per coach, only 10 total days combine.
Yep that's exactly right. I saw a school in Northern Ohio get busted for that. It doesn't matter if the person is officially a coach or unpaid volunteer, 10 days of instruction as a team are all that's allowed.

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

The hire was doomed from the beginning.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

if the dad is not on staff it is not a violation

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

He isn’t on the staff....read the rules fellas...geesh

LancerPride
Waterboy

Post by LancerPride »

There was a time when the only team instruction permitted to school coaches was during the actual season of play. In the early
1990’s, Coaches Associations – again spearheaded by the OHSBCA – lobbied for an opportunity to spend time with potential teams.
Basically, school coaches (remember there is no difference between a Paid or a Volunteer coach) are permitted a total of 10 days of
‘team’ instruction/coaching (anything more than 2 players in team play) between June 1 and July 31. Once again, the regulation is
strictly and clearly defined to eliminate all the scenarios that some might want to ‘invent’ to make the rule fit their needs. Each coach is
not permitted 10 days individually – obviously. The 10 days are ‘per staff’ – all defined easily by those coaches that are Board of
Education approved – paid or volunteer.
There is a separation between 7-8 grade and 9-12 that provides even greater opportunity for
team instruction during June and July. A day spent with a group of 8th graders at a ‘Team Camp’ does not count against the 10 days
permitted for a freshmen, JV or Varsity team going to a “Team Camp”. A day spent with a group of JV players at a “Team Camp”
DOES count toward the 10 permitted for all 9-12 teams. When any team has 2 or less players from the school’s team on it (most likely
an “AAU” team), those days do not count toward a coaching staff’s 10 days.

PER OHSAA WEB SITE

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

This is supposed to be a prediction thread.....hijacked once again with nonsense. Seems to be the norm sadly.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2018/19 Federal Hocking Lancers

Post by mattash »

Please post:
  • Schedule
  • Roster with #/Name/Height/Year
  • Outlook

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Michael Scott
M&G
Waterboy

Post by M&G »

mattash wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 pm Correct????

https://seops.org/basketball/team/federal-hocking/
Yes.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Need Coach name

roster
#/name/grade/height

https://seops.org/basketball/team/federal-hocking/

Michael Scott