Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
lugs
Riding the Bench

Re: WK3 Fairfield Union @ Vinton County

Post by lugs »

Vc has had to tough opponents and this week is equally the same. VC was game for the last two and think people are starting to notice that the Vikings have more talent then people thought. This game will be another great competitive game. Good luck to both teams. cant wait to it

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I saw FU last week against Jackson and FU is better than the score says. I look for FU to get their first win and do it by a bunch. FU wins by two TDs.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

V.C. should win this one, or the season is going to turn into a long one.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

FU has some good size up front and were pretty good against the run. They lost by 13 to a New Lex team that’s about to go 3-0. They did some good things against Jackson. This will not be a cake walk for VC

FU was stronger against the run than wellston

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This is a big week for VC. Every game in this series has been close and I’d expect this one will be no different. If VC wants to be a true contender for the TVC this year and get back above .500 for the first time since 2004, this is a game they must find a way to win. VC hasn’t started the season 2-1 since 2013, a season in which they finished 5-5. With Meigs and Athens coming up after this, it puts that much more emphasis on this game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm a little surprised that theres not more fans from Vinton County posting about this game. It seems as if this game again'st Fairfield Union should be a pretty good game, and with the chance to be 2 & 1, its just a little odd to me. Lets hope the weather is not a factor. Hope for an injury free game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

There’s still time to listen to the preview show before tomorrow’s game!

http://www.vcvikings.com

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think VC wins this one at home but guessing these teams are pretty even.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

GO VIKES

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Fairfield Union 28 Vinton County 0

Post by mattash »

Fairfield Union 28 Vinton County 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

i was sittin on my porch listening to jeff and the judge and im glad i wasnt watchin this one sinc e they dont serve beer at the staduim it sound s like you could nt get drunk enuff to watch it. the vikings had 50 yards of offence. when kb3 got to the house he said that #5 only tuch the ball 10 times and the defeense gave up 300 yards on the same play. I was fixin to go to the next game, i have kin from rutland, but i think i will stay and save myself $5, I will probably need copenhagen later in the week anyway.

you aint nobody unless you are on seops!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Maybe it was mother nature? F.U.
I think they win maybe three more games the rest of the way.(Circleville,Logan Elm and Liberty Union)

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

I'mThatLady should be pleased.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Little surprised at this score?

Walk by Faith not by sight.
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I have a question. As I understand it, there is a new point of emphasis of "blindside blocking" especially on kick-off.

Well last week, against Southeastern, Sophomore Zack Radabaugh was "llllllllaaaaaaiiiiiiidddddd" out by a blindside block. It was brutal, he laid on the ground for a good four minutes before getting to his feet and making his way to the sideline. Fortunately, he is ok and played this week against Fairfield Union. However, no penalty. I thought that this was a point of emphasis.

This past week, after Fairfield Union scored its first touchdown, Elijah Williams returned the kick-off for a touchdown; however, it was called back for a "blindside block." But this time, there was no Falcon on the ground, no bone-jarring block, no oooohhhhs and aaaaahhhhhs, nothing. In fact, I am not sure that it happen. I would like to see the film.

I guess, what I am assuming is, the crew totally missed it (I don't know how) in the Southeastern game and this crew was at the other end of the extreme, called something ticky-tack by liberally applying the rule.

So my question is, what is the rule?

That was a huge momentum swing in the game. Even though it was early, it seemed like the Vikings could not recover from that.

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

The call was on Logan Ward. And it was an awful call. Logan Squared up looking straight ahead and laid a shoulder into the player. Both heading north and south at each other. and the player went flying. To My knowledge a player must be coming from the side out of the field of view of the person being hit. The ref just seen the kid fall and made a judgement call that he was illegally hit because of it. It was sadly a major hit to the team that changed the game. Id love to know the rule also. someone enlighten us please

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Did this happen on a kickoff ? Im not really a fan of either school, but are you saying that this one play affected the outcome of the game? Did it happen early in the game,or at what point in the game? I wasn't at the game so I don't really know,but 28 - 0 is a pretty good margin.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Vikings got a raw deal

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:18 pm Did this happen on a kickoff ? Im not really a fan of either school, but are you saying that this one play affected the outcome of the game? Did it happen early in the game,or at what point in the game? I wasn't at the game so I don't really know,but 28 - 0 is a pretty good margin.
it sound like it was after fu went ahead 7 points so early in gane

Return to “Football”