Ashland 14 Ironton 7

Maniactough
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 4==== 4-0 ASHLAND @ 2-1 IRONTON

Post by Maniactough »

I can see Ironton going 8-2
Nothing to be ashamed of Ironton you played hard and will grow from this game.

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Not bad but oh the penalties and fumbles!!

G0 BuCKs
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Ironton gave Ashland some fits with their defense and affected Ashland's Offense which was not that good tonight. Difficulty converting 3 and 4th downs

However Ashland's Defense ramped up and Ironton had issues with coughing up the Football.

Ironton will get the ball control issue under wraps they will be fine in coming weeks! They're a good team!

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Went to this one. Tiger defense is not bad. Offense though is anemic at best. Also got to get Carrico some help. That dude ain’t going to make thru the whole season with the beating he takes. Tomcats looked sluggish all night. Tigers missed a huge opportunity tonight. I’ve never seen an ironton team get so many penalties.....especially at home.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Good showing Ironton , keep improving.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tigers_89
Waterboy

Post by Tigers_89 »

A young Ironton team is improving every snap! This team is gonna be fun to watch! Block, Tackle, Take care of the football and everything else will fall into place! GO TIGERS!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Some Key Stats: From the Ironton Tribune

First Downs - Ashland 8 - Ironton 10
Total Yards - Ashland 198 - Ironton 174
Fumbles lost - Ashland 1-1 Ironton 7-3
Penalties - Ashland 8-83 - Ironton 9-71

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Good game for the Tigers. We need to make some adjustments to the offense. But when you turn the ball over that much it makes it hard on the play calling.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Was a gut punch game to listen to. Ironton seems to have a great D. & can hang with these stronger programs . But, the penalties against both squads, which were not explainable by broadcast, and combined it with Ihs 7 turnovers,
I think that speaks for the tenacity of the young tigers. THE TOMCATS were averaging 40 points a game!
The Ashland QB getting div 1 offers & he was stymied most of the game.

The stats were barely in Ashland’s favor offensively. Ihs has younger backs to use with good speed and size. They should start implementing them to alleviate exposure of backs continually running Ball now. They could really mix it up more with a varied attack, which was missing last night. They tried that with QB following blockers thru, but it got picked up by second half and was less effective. I like coach P though!!! Great preparation!

Evidentially ref crew was all from WV and several of the mysterious calls were from back judge, 30 yards from play, where he felt actions leaned toward endangering a player, giving an “unknown” double fist pump” when explaining penalty!

Tigers must Live and learn. Pendleton needs to get tigers penalties under control. Keep the FB and head into OVC PLAY healthy!
Good luck tigers!

Good luck Ashland in KY !

I hope Ihs can get raceland on schedule too. That would be a great matchup with Ironton!

nekysportsfan
Waterboy

Post by nekysportsfan »

What a difference a year and a new coach makes. Ironton's Tanks Memorial Stadium was hopping last night with a capacity crowd. I think it is the best stadium in the area to watch a game. When the Fighting Tigers crowd roars under the covered home section, it can really create some noise.

Ironton made a LOT of mistakes in the game. Fumbles and penalties were key in determining the outcome. Ironton has a lot of guys playing both ways including all the key members of the offensive backfield. Ashland platooned for the most part. Even with all that going against Ironton, though, they fought the entire 48 minutes. Fosson and Carrico are beasts. Are they both underclassmen? Real warriors out on the field.

I came away impressed with the Tigers, the program, the community support, and the new coach. It is obvious he has breathed new life into this program and they will return to the Ironton of old very very soon. Ashland was lucky to get out of there with a win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hey guys, coach Pendleton now has just his 4th game under his belt. and is at 500 after 4 tough opponents. we just had way too many penalties and turnovers again in this one. we had every chance to win this young. the tigers are very young and just stood toe to toe with ky's number 1 team. it's still a loss, but we had every chance to win this one. time to get ready to play the pointers. and put every effort into trying to win the league for a 3rd time in 4 years. I'm proud of the tigers and their efforts. and it sounds like it was a full house, so things are changing for the better.i'm excited to see league play start, and ironton has already taken out a very good fairland team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Ashland 14 Ironton 7

Post by mattash »

Ashland 14 Ironton 7 can someone post the box score

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

These Tigers are young. They make silly mistakes,as you would think Sophs would do. Gotta hang on to the ball!
At least 2 times had a first down only to fumble.
These kids are giving their all and I like it. This team would have been blown out without these coaches.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

RACELAND wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:27 pm Went to this one. Tiger defense is not bad. Offense though is anemic at best. Also got to get Carrico some help. That dude ain’t going to make thru the whole season with the beating he takes. Tomcats looked sluggish all night. Tigers missed a huge opportunity tonight. I’ve never seen an ironton team get so many penalties.....especially at home.
same with salyers......cant run the qb every forth play or you better have a good back up

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

this may sound crazy but i think ironton had the better football team on the field..... bigger just as fast, hustling ...... take away the penalties and turnovers and ashland gets crushed

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I watched the end of this one on FB live. It looked like Ironton was flat worn out midway through the 4th. They definitely left it all on the field. They hung tough. That’s a moral victory. But like I said pre game. Ashland made them pay for mistakes . Given they had plenty of opportunities, they only succeeded twice. That’s a credit to the Ironton defense. I think this is the year Ironton gets tested nearly every week and they continue to get better as weeks go on. They’ve been battle tested for sure and will be better in years to come for it.

ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

Looks like coach Pendleton has got this team on the right track,

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Sounds like the "Fighting" is starting to reappear with "Tigers" and that's a good thing.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Gritty effort by the Tiger defense last night against a good Ashland team! If we can cut out the turnovers, penalties, and get the offense playing at the same level as the defense it should be a good season! Go big I

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

nekysportsfan wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:54 am What a difference a year and a new coach makes. Ironton's Tanks Memorial Stadium was hopping last night with a capacity crowd. I think it is the best stadium in the area to watch a game. When the Fighting Tigers crowd roars under the covered home section, it can really create some noise.

Ironton made a LOT of mistakes in the game. Fumbles and penalties were key in determining the outcome. Ironton has a lot of guys playing both ways including all the key members of the offensive backfield. Ashland platooned for the most part. Even with all that going against Ironton, though, they fought the entire 48 minutes. Fosson and Carrico are beasts. Are they both underclassmen? Real warriors out on the field.

I came away impressed with the Tigers, the program, the community support, and the new coach. It is obvious he has breathed new life into this program and they will return to the Ironton of old very very soon. Ashland was lucky to get out of there with a win.
QB Salyers and Fosson are Juniors, Carrico and Deere are Sophomores.

Return to “Football”