Waverly 31 Nelsonville-York 14

smurray
SEOPS HO

Waverly 31 Nelsonville-York 14

Post by smurray »

Nelsonville picked up their first win of the season and will travel to the jungle in Waverly who stayed unbeaten with a 41-27 win over a good Fairland team. Waverly was without their one of their senior leaders (WR & lockdown corner) in Cobe Marquez. It’s unlikey he will be available for this one.
Waverly was def. tested last night. What will NY bring to the jungle?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by mattash »

Man Nelsonville has a tough schedule

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Coming in to week 5, NY’s first 5 opponents are combined 16-4. It has not been easy and it for sure isn’t going to be any easier this week.. Bucks showed much improvement last night and finally found some offense. 3 ran wild and Seel threw the ball nicely. Defense looked shakey at first but got it going and was swarming to the ball. They played fired up and together as a team. I hope we can get the job done this week but will not be an easy task at all. Go Bucks!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

And if you remove 0-4 River Valley from those stats, NY’s other four opponents so far are a combined 16-0. Trimble, Martins Ferry, Minford and now Waverly are all 4-0.

No one can ever say NY plays a weak schedule. That’s for sure.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Very true 96, very true

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am And if you remove 0-4 River Valley from those stats, NY’s other four opponents so far are a combined 16-0. Trimble, Martins Ferry, Minford and now Waverly are all 4-0.

No one can ever say NY plays a weak schedule. That’s for sure.

martins ferry is 3-1

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Bucks just need to show up ready to play and be competitive and see what happens.
We still have some things to work on. The kids have had great practices the last few weeks and it's paying off.
A lot of the younger kids have been working really hard and pushing the uppper classmen to step up in turn.
LETS GO 1-0 THIS WEEK BUCKEYES!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

More importantly let’s work hard to get a running clock in the second half. I can understand why this has become a team goal. It helps keep guys healthy since they aren’t playing trash minutes when we blow people out the way we are used to doing. Good call by the coaching staff to make that a hallmark of the program.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Nelsonville is a quality opponent and they're well coached. Don't be deceived by their record. There will nothing REMOTELY easy about this game!

Waverly will likely still be without a couple of key players. Hopefully they'll both be back the following week.

It was nice seeing some youngsters step up last night at crucial times. Playing as many as three freshman at times in the second half. And seniors making big plays all night. It's going to take that and some more Friday night for Waverly to be successful. Go Tigers!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Boston Creampuff wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am More importantly let’s work hard to get a running clock in the second half. I can understand why this has become a team goal. It helps keep guys healthy since they aren’t playing trash minutes when we blow people out the way we are used to doing. Good call by the coaching staff to make that a hallmark of the program.
I agree. I think pushing for a running clock is a great goal every week. I don’t understand why people get so worked up by it.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm
Boston Creampuff wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am More importantly let’s work hard to get a running clock in the second half. I can understand why this has become a team goal. It helps keep guys healthy since they aren’t playing trash minutes when we blow people out the way we are used to doing. Good call by the coaching staff to make that a hallmark of the program.
I agree. I think pushing for a running clock is a great goal every week. I don’t understand why people get so worked up by it.
Waterford, Southern and Trimble in the TVC have called off the Dogs in games this year that could have been much worse. Maybe It's an Athens / Nelsonville thing ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

long night for the buckeyes

Walk by Faith not by sight.
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:41 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm
Waterford, Southern and Trimble in the TVC have called off the Dogs in games this year that could have been much worse. Maybe It's an Athens / Nelsonville thing ?
Maybe, but I just don’t see what’s so wrong with it. Gets the game over with, gives you good confidence for the next week, less time for injuries and gets ya home. If teams don’t want running clocks put on them including NY then play better. That’s just my opinion on it all

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Waverly big time, but possibly a running clock in the 4th. After this week, NY wins out and sneaks into the playoffs.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

waverly by 28

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Not a knock on Nelsonville-York here but waverly will have to play worse than they did last year when they played and had a lot of turnovers, I think NY can run the table after this game but this is too tall of a task right now

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Would like to see the Buckeyes win this but Waverly is to much for them this year.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

LETS GO BUCKS!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:16 pm Waverly big time, but possibly a running clock in the 4th. After this week, NY wins out and sneaks into the playoffs.
Very possible given that each of the schools are bigger division, could very well come down to that week 10 matchup and still then probably looking at that 7/8 seed right now as a possibility. It will be an uphill battle for them for sure though.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Waverly wins this one but I am not understanding the comments that NY runs the table after Week 5, I think a loss in Week 10 to Athens and I actually think one of the other TVC teams may get them as well. 5-5 or 4-6 season for NY.

Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

NY should feel lucky if they don't get a running clock put on them. And I only see one or two more wins.

Return to “Football”